..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SPU2-X v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't remember on which game but I think I notest something like that randomly happening even on my PS2.
It's like the sound is played at lower Hz(22500 maybe)
(12-18-2012, 05:04 PM)Metagondria Wrote: [ -> ]True...but and i Do Want to Write This In Capitals !!!

DO NOT TRY TO END MBYTES PROCESSES PREMATURE TO TROUBLESHOOT ANYTHING FOR INSTANCE!!

IN DOING SO, WILL MOST DEFINITELY END IN AN HARD RESET OF YOUR PC !!!

Wosn't always like that with Mbytes...though !!

cherriepoppers

Each time you convince me more and more that there is something very strange happening in the background on your system.

Should be a "warning" for you when applications start causing hard resets, BSOD, hangings... and possibly the problem is not in the application itself and it is only being affected.

Don't get me wrong, by "warning" above I mean the system is trying to tell you that something is wrong and affecting many applications. From your lately reports is clear that a lot of things are not working as should, from end user applications to the latest version of DX runtime.

PS: notice as yourself pointed it was not this way with mwbytes before.
(12-23-2012, 07:27 PM)Krude Wrote: [ -> ]It's difficult to reproduce, since as far as I can discern, it crops up randomly. I'm currently uploading a video from a run through the coliseum, where you can hear Sora's three or so different victory lines. You'll notice that the same lines sound differently sometimes.

Take scene #2 (ca. 0:06), #3 (ca. 0:13) and #5 (ca. 0:26) all sound different despite him saying the same line.

Scene #1 and #7 (ca. 0:39) are also the same line sounding vastly different.

Here's the uploaded video on YT. Watch in high quality, of course, else you can't hear jack due to YT's compression.
http://youtu.be/hwAA_gyVc1Y

Oh yeah, and please tell me how I'd take a log to help you.

Finally someone else is having the same issue as me! I am experiencing this exact same problem in FFX. Here is a video of it happening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McDz_sCXjEw

My thread on this is here but it is pretty much covered by in the video.
It sounds like it has to do something with the realtime room effect emulation issue.
Yea, this could be an attempt at ProLogic 2 which doesn't sound well.
(01-03-2013, 01:03 PM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]Yea, this could be an attempt at ProLogic 2 which doesn't sound well.

Yep this is it, does it on Kingdom Hearts games if you select PL2 as audio, tested it. Use stereo instead, either way, ProLogic2 sucks on PS2 (and generaly but that's an other story), Stereo is always superior to PL2, I avoid using Dolby on PS2 as much as possible.
Hm, well I can't speak for the other guy but I have only ever used stereo for FFX and I am having this problem continuously. Also, after playing with my headphones I was able to notice this is happening to many sound effects in addition to the voices. It seems to have gotten much more frequent as I've been progressing through the game.

Is there any kind of information I can collect for you guys from my side to maybe help debug this?
As for the other guy, probably me, Kingdom Hearts (the first) doesn't even have a ProLogic 2 option, at least in my language. I've been playing the entire game on Stereo, and have recorded that demo video up there in Stereo as well.

Kingdom Hearts II does have a PL2 option, but I've never used it.

I'm also offering any kind of help I can deliver in logs, dumps, whatever, if it helps.
Question: Looking at the most recent SVNs there is something called portaudio. Can anyone explain to me what this is?

Also, I noticed that if you open Skype while in game the sound get's really messed up and it doesn't fix until you restart PCSX2.
It's an attempt at simplifying the output system while making the plugin better suited for multi platform.
Your Skype problem is a conflict with the output module you've set SPU2-X to and Skype.