..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SPU2-X v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Only the latest. Aligning the text to center only makes it harder to read by the way.
thx alot Smile
Hi,

I was wondering if I could find some help here. I'm playing Tales of the Abyss and the problem is that the emulator crashes from time to time. To me it looks like this plugin is the cause of this. The problem is that I can not recreate this error. Sometimes it happens after 2 minutes, sometimes I can play for an hour straight without any problems.

I tried it version 1.2.0 and it also crashed. Running Win7 x64 with all Speedhacks disabled.
Using XAudio 2, latency 160, no fields ticked and linear interpolation and 1x reverb boost.

And yes I updated DX.

Quote: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: pcsx2-r1888.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4ab59e37
Fault Module Name: SPU2-X.dll
Fault Module Version: 1.3.0.2693
Fault Module Timestamp: 4b98926d
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00004bfd
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Please let me know what additional info I can supply to help you find the error.

When I run VS2008 for debugging it gives me this message:
Quote:Unhandled exception at 0x0cdd4bfd in pcsx2-r1888.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x63e615e4.

I can then view the disassembly which is not really helping me understanding anything Smile
Try changing the output module to directsound.
It *could* be our old TotA IOP memory corruption issue.
That one is really hard to find, and yeah, it could easily produce a SPU2 plugin crash ><
(05-26-2010, 11:46 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]Try changing the output module to directsound.

Ok thanks, I will give it a try!

EDIT: Thanks it seems to not crash anymore.
I'm having a problem with Deus Ex speeches. Sometimes (quite often actually) during speech dialogue i don't hear speech at all and the game sort of "pauses" and waits for me to press a button for the dialogue to continue. Normally the dialogues should continue automatically after the character finishes speaking. Is this related to DMA and ADMA transfers that are mentioned in known bugs?
PCSX2 0.9.7.3113 and SPU2-X r3117, no speedhacks. This problem has occured with previous versions also and there seems to have been no improvement at all. With ZeroSPU2 this problem doesn't occur but the sound is too choppy to be playable with it.
Having a problem with Maximo Ghost of Glory. At start some sound is choppy, but at the boss of the first stage then after the sound goes to one HIGH tone and makes the game experience poor.

With the other plugin the sound is super choppy but it works.

PCSX2 0.9.7.3113 and SPU2-X r3117
Try with the 'none' synchronizing mode or the older spu2-x 1.2 plugin.
(02-18-2009, 08:47 PM)Air Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be posting a beta here soon. I've just been busy working out kinks and trying to reduce the overhead of reverb (it was a bit of a CPU hog). Still is, but not quite by so much now. Smile

Hi there

I am playing FFX12 on 0.9.6 and

I am trying to get the best config for sound and from my experiences I have found a stable game on FFX12 but still laggy sound Sad

I have a dual core processor @2500Ghz should I upgrade rather to get the best processing possibleNinja

I have tried to get the FPS to accelerate in 0.9.7 as well but sadly only Zerogs plugin works and Linuz ISO reads as nothingBlush

Any advice out there pleaseCool

Thanks a load

Martian OUT