..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SPU2-X v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, at this point I can only speculate. (Power saving stuff typical for laptops comes to mind.)
If you could record the bad sound with an external app, so I can hear what it sounds like, I could help more.
(12-24-2010, 04:44 AM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]Well, at this point I can only speculate. (Power saving stuff typical for laptops comes to mind.)
If you could record the bad sound with an external app, so I can hear what it sounds like, I could help more.

Will do, went to sleep but I'll be playing again today so I'll just post my settings and record it when it starts, then record it again after I reset PCSX2 so you can hear that it does in fact sound fine on a fresh restart.

On a side note is there actually a laptop capable of playing PCSX2 and running Valkyrie Profile 2 at speed? Ohmy I thought my desktop was doing ok.

UPDATE: OK so it seems the program I normally use to record game footage is somewhat problematic to use with PCSX2 and GSDX. First, its overlays completely blackout the entire screen.. no problem, wont use em. Then if I play in any resolution other then "native" all I get is the sky/some weird background.. ok, so I am forced to play in "***** graphics mode.. no problem. Then once I finally get it working so that it actually records properly, I have spent 5+ hours screwing around with it and not getting anywhere in the game.... my point being that I haven't forgotten about getting that sound sample.. its just being a pain in the ass. Why not just use a simple sound recorder you ask? Because if you cant "see" where the sound isn't matching up it "may" be possible to misinterpret whats happening.. or at least I'm telling myself that to justify the bs I put myself through..

UPDATE2: Got the samples and I'm uploading them to youtube now, will probably take an hour or so to get them uploaded then I'll post links. In the meantime heres my setup data as it may or may not be relevant.

[attachment=27169] DXDIAG for System Specs
[attachment=27171][attachment=27176][attachment=27174][attachment=27173][attachment=27175][attachment=27172][attachment=27170][attachment=27177]

I should probably point out that my "Speedhacks" is constantly being adjusted while playing Valkyrie Profile 2. Cutscenes/FMV's tend to break with EE Cyclerate set at 2 or higher, while towns for some reason actually render slower with VU Cycle Stealing on, so when in town I turn it down to 0, when in dungeons/fighting I turn it back up to 2. A setting of 3 doesn't seem to improve anything anywhere. Anyway, its possible to maintain a respectable 50-60FPS on my system hardware with proper speedhack juggling Smile. (also if you turn VU clamping to none, sometimes your characters will fail to render their heads in combat, which is funny to watch on occasion but not an overall desirable effect, not worth the tiny speed increase)

Both of these videos were recorded with the EXACT same settings, the only difference between the two is in one I have been playing for over an hour, and the other is after a comlete restart of PCSX2.

Video 1 Showing the errors after playing for an extened period of time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=402Yd8RCmXk
Video 2 Showing what the audio normally sounds like after a restart.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zd66bq_jPQ

As should be clearly obvious in the first video the Audio plays, then plays again a fraction of a second later. This is especially evident when the sorceror says lightning bolt, casts the spells, then when the spell is practically over says lightning bolt again. you can also see the repeats in the fish attacking as the animation and the sound will play, then the sound will play a second time.

Also the inclusion of the second video is mostly there just to show that my sound settings DO in fact work perfectly fine for this and other games, but that over the course of playing a game they slowly start to repeat until the audio becomes so garbled it makes the game virtually intolerable to play. As I stated previously, my solution has always been to simply restart the emulator and continue where I left off, but if whatever is causing this can be fixed that would be better.
So... no one has any suggestions about the sound error? Should I just continue to reset the emulator when it starts?
Try using async mixing.
Will this be implement?
Record a psf2 music sequence file during gameplay.
It will make psf2 music ripping easier.
Is there any way to lower the volume besides my speakers? I noticed using SPU2-X in Final Fantasy 12 the voices sometimes are high pitched and hiss a bit. Try lowering my speakers and I still hear it. I tried Peops 1.9 and that plugin lowers the volume and have no problem with high pitched noises besides the occasional weird sound issues that SPU2-X doesn't have.
@luc2010
eh?
i am 18 hours into FFXII right now,and i didn't noticed not a single problem in audio with voices?
I own creative audigy 2 sb0350 gamer edition on win7 x64 i even raised my equalizers to max and tone is just fine.
NTSC-U version
(01-24-2011, 02:41 PM)IcemanSR Wrote: [ -> ]@luc2010
eh?
i am 18 hours into FFXII right now,and i didn't noticed not a single problem in audio with voices?
I own creative audigy 2 sb0350 gamer edition on win7 x64 i even raised my equalizers to max and tone is just fine.
NTSC-U version

I own an X-FI SB0600 card. What volume do you have your rig set at for Play control and Wave?
wave is not existing for me.
i don't see how can my card setup help u at all but anyway i will put it ,its all in the pic.

[Image: 25015399.jpg]

with 5.1 jazz system.

i prefer rear speakers to be louder then front.but it does not make any difference.
(01-25-2011, 01:05 AM)IcemanSR Wrote: [ -> ]wave is not existing for me.
i don't see how can my card setup help u at all but anyway i will put it ,its all in the pic.

[Image: 25015399.jpg]

with 5.1 jazz system.

i prefer rear speakers to be louder then front.but it does not make any difference.

I find on my card I have to lower play control otherwise everything gets distorted. I have been thinking about a new card and speakers. For one my left is started to get intermitten by a connector in my sub. Recently my sound has been off as of late. Music with base plays fine. When I play emulators with the same setting the audio is boosted somehow? My play Control is set to about 70. Wave controls part of my setup as well. I just set at same volume.