..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SPU2-X v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No it's far FAR more complex. The whole emulator structure needs to be recoded for something like that.
(02-13-2010, 10:04 PM)Bright-Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]I got a problem compiling the newest version of SPU2-X. Specifically after the addition of PortAudio. Since then I'm unable to compile it, there always seems to be some kind of linking errors. That makes sense, since I haven't compiled PortAudio. But how can I do this^^? I can't really find the .sln for PortAudio. I found a .sln in "portaudio --> build --> msvc", but this ends up in an error as well, so I guess it's the wrong one. Sorry, I'm pretty new to compiling and all this and I'm glad that I was able to compile PCSX2 and the plugins. That was not so difficult at all, but PortAudio really got me^^.

Has my question just not been seen or does no one know how to help me^^? I guess the first though^^.
Bright-Warrior:
If you load the main pcsx2.sln, there's a "3rdparty" folder in the Solution Explorer.
Open that one, and you'll find the portaudio project in there. Right-click > rebuild Tongue2

Alternatively you could "rebuild solution" which takes like a day, but rebuilds everything Tongue2
(Ctrl+Alt+F7 for that)
(02-17-2010, 09:34 AM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]Bright-Warrior:
If you load the main pcsx2.sln, there's a "3rdparty" folder in the Solution Explorer.
Open that one, and you'll find the portaudio project in there. Right-click > rebuild Tongue2
[...]

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I'm using Visual C++ 2008 Express^^.

(02-17-2010, 09:34 AM)rama Wrote: [ -> ][...]
Alternatively you could "rebuild solution" which takes like a day, but rebuilds everything Tongue2
(Ctrl+Alt+F7 for that)

I'm not that bored right now Tongue.
Then right click SPU2-X from the list and rebuild. It still works in express normally, if anything delete and redownload the svn maybe you got some bad files.
Thanks Lady! Not only does SPU2-X compiles fine now, I also learned that I compiled in a much more complicated and time consuming way than it'd be necessary^^. Well, you never stop learning I guess Tongue.
well i just tried the latest rev,and this "reverb boost factor" doesnt seem to have any effect on my games,so how is this supposed to work?
You need a scene that actually uses reverb. Oftentimes games just don't use it Tongue2
You'll notice that when a game uses it, the reverb at *8 sounds like the "hall" setting of the PSX, for example.
(02-23-2010, 03:25 AM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]You need a scene that actually uses reverb. Oftentimes games just don't use it Tongue2
You'll notice that when a game uses it, the reverb at *8 sounds like the "hall" setting of the PSX, for example.

well there has to be a way of forcing it trough,it should be great if this plugin gets a volume boost,beacuse in most games this plugin is more accurate but it doesnt have the strenght it has zero-spu for example.
Sorry to bother you once again, but I got a new problem with portaudio. This time on Linux (Ubuntu 9.10) though^^. I've got to note, that I'm almost completely new to Linux beforehand. I downloaded the svn and compiled it with Code::Blocks (as recommended), which worked without any problem. But I just can't find portaudio in the list Code::Blocks gives me^^. Could you please lend me a hand once again? Because ZeroSPU2 doesn't work that well for my games (gives me cracking sound all the time to be precisely).