..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SPU2-X v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was thinking Virgin Klm maybe SPU2-X can be made to enable Dolby Digital Live and DTS connect encoding for people that have the hardware to do so. That way instead of patching every game it can do so automatically. Just a thought. As you know these formats allow for real surround sound. Can it be done?
As far as I'm aware, both of these technologies work on a driver level, with their main use coming in the form of the possibility to transport non-bitstreamed multichannel audio via S/PDIF, hence being only useful if you don't have another way to connect your surround system. They don't magically turn stereo sources into true surround sound, they still need to be fed what sound goes to which channel basically.

Games that use Pro Logic II encoding for surround sound work reasonably well, and these encoders should be able to encode that properly if they're any good. It's easy to test with the sound test mode that various tri-Ace games offer (Star Ocean 3 or Valkyrie Profile 2 for example).
I want the creators/developers to know that pscx2 still crash because of the Xaudio seting in psu2-x pluggin !

eventvwr: Faulty module = Xaudio2_7.dll !! → Stereo mode config

pcsx2 build i 1.0 r5452 but with r5460 build updated pluggins !

Iam currently testing different revision spux2 pluggins to check and see if that helps..

Remarkable to notice is that it happens more frequenctly if i change an setting in the emulater in between gameplay you know ... if i for example change an setting in emu and RESUME...

Haven't ocured if i start an play strait whitout changing setting in pcsx2 !

The same thing happend in Dolphin emulator + X2audio sound setting Huh !!

Directsound as some one else here suggested is no option for me, during gameplay the i hear noise like clicks and cracks and what not and it distracts me in game !!

cherriepoppers,
Considering i've never had xaudio crash on me, id suggest there is a problem with your directx install, or your soundcard has some freaky drivers it doesn't like (in this case i would suggest updating them)
(12-11-2012, 08:29 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]Considering i've never had xaudio crash on me, id suggest there is a problem with your directx install, or your soundcard has some freaky drivers it doesn't like (in this case i would suggest updating them)

The high definition sound drivers are up to date though and are from M$ !?

Then i have AMD high definition audio device = HDMI onboard my gpu card with up to date ati/amd drivers (7.12.07788) !

Both working just fine according to device manager & eventvwr !

The HDMI audio is not relevant to me i think because i don't use it and is only meant to be used for external use ... wel HDMI out !

As for the DX drivers...have checked the dxdiag logs... no problem founds on all accounts .. i.e display, sound1, sound2 ..etc !!

Anyway it say DX 11 is installed ..
And my GPU is an DX11 compatible card !

Have even DL additional DX june redistributable package to update my current dx where needed!

Don't know what i need to change here since everything is in working order according to logs and device manager!!

The only thing i can try is to find custom sound drivers for my hobo ... but knowing asus ... i probebly have to find some compatible drivers from other models again Glare to get that to work !!

Oh well...

FAT EDIT: As expected, i have to settle with vistax64 sound drivers found at Asus manufacturer site from my hobo ...
They don't even support win7 anymore for my hobo much less win8 Glare

I'll now soon if that did the trick !!

cherriepoppers,
That random crash is still present at the build 5459. Version 5446 seems stable.
(12-12-2012, 02:49 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: [ -> ]That random crash is still present at the build 5459. Version 5446 seems stable.

Uh... ken...

Same happend using 5446 !!
Iam now on 2.0.0 - r5350 and so far no crashes.... !!!
(12-12-2012, 01:26 PM)Metagondria Wrote: [ -> ]Uh... ken...

Same happend using 5446 !!
Iam now on 2.0.0 - r5350 and so far no crashes.... !!!

Since you're getting crashes with xaudio with Dolphin too, it's your drivers/system and not SPU2-X
(12-12-2012, 01:35 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Since you're getting crashes with xaudio with Dolphin too, it's your drivers/system and not SPU2-X

There is a problem with the newest revisions, I'm runing with the 5446 for testing purposes, so far no crash yet but I had one once and it is somewhat random, the 5459 crashed for me at least three times.

Since it never happened before the 5446, makes these latest changes which seems to have started at the same time warning messages began appearing and were addressed at 5459 and ahead. Looks like the issue goes beyond what was thought causing the warns.

Edit: My soundcard is a X-Fi Titanium and I had issues with it's drivers on win8, what prevents me from opening a bug report till I can figure the issue is indeed with spu2-X. So I'm just reinforcing that Metagondria may have a point... whatever, revisions before 5446 work fine and the latest I have (5459) crashed too much frequently. The testing with the 5446 is going well till now... I'm playing FF-X and was playing it when the crashes happened.
There was an issue with Star Ocean 3 also but no crash (again, it was the 5459). PS: that issue with SO3 solved itself as soon the game story advanced. It was related to using the craft system and the workshop at that trade city (where you get access to crafting, although not when first visiting the workshop). The issue was the game becoming jerky and sounding bad, once the story advanced and the music itself changed also, the issue was gone as well.
(12-12-2012, 01:35 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Since you're getting crashes with xaudio with Dolphin too, it's your drivers/system and not SPU2-X

Maybe .... Huh

That's why iam testing several sounddrivers !!

but err... doubtfull though... woud be the first time since i use emulators years ago that i needed to change perfect working sound drivers on my sytem !!

Moreover, the soundcard drivers were initially updated by Microsoft no less Huh !!

but everything is possible i guess..

Anyone else brave enough to check this phenomenon using M$ drivers for the SoundMAX AD1988B onboard audio Rolleyes ?

cherriepoppers,