..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SPU2-X v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to ask a few questions:
Is the new plugin v 1.4.0 dependant on the wx GUI?
And iit is, is there a way to compile earlier versions especially for Linux?

PS: For your info, I also prefer using Windows version which is more stable,
but from time to time I like doing Linux compilations, cause it's generally faster on my PC
especially with the ICC compiler, that's why I ask. XD
SPU2-X is windows only, it hasn't been ported to Linux yet. Other than that, 1.4 can be used in older versions of PCSX2 with no problems
(04-20-2010, 08:08 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]SPU2-X is windows only, it hasn't been ported to Linux yet. Other than that, 1.4 can be used in older versions of PCSX2 with no problems
Well, I used the Linux compilation of SPU2-X 1.4 just yesterday and it worked as great as the Windows version. The only problem is that it doesn't work with the Legacy GUI Linux compilations. Though the latest svn builds of wx segfault on my Linux frequently, that's why I was looking for an answer.

So judging from what You have said, there is no problem with Windows compilation, only the Linux one. Thanks for the answer. Smile
Really? It was functional? I knew arcum was working on the port but never realized it had reached an (almost) functional level. Yeah I guess the trouble is Linux only then
(04-20-2010, 08:17 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Really? It was functional? I knew arcum was working on the port but never realized it had reached an (almost) functional level. Yeah I guess the trouble is Linux only then
I tested it on a few games, but mainly on 'Odin Sphere' and the sound was almost perfect with a few glitches ocassionally, but the problem was probably my hardware.

On the other hand I want to say thanks for Your hard work on this emulator and I think I'll end this post with this sentence as not to go offtopic even more. Wink
Game: Atelier Iris 2 [NTSC] [SLUS 213.27]
PSSX2: r1888 an r2186, no speedhacks, using superVU
SPU2-X: 1.2.0 , 1.3.0 r2566, 1.4.0 r2789 , 1.4.0 r2840
Settings: Interpolation linear, Disable Effects Processing ticked, Module DirectSound

Problem:
The Sound is slighty distorted. The best way to notice it is just to jump.
Instead of a fluid sweap-sound it sounds as its pressed together and there are some sound skip/lags in the background music

I used ZeroSPU2 and the sounds are played correctly, therfor its a SPU2-X bug.
ZeroSPU2 is not perfect either .. but way better at this game as SPU2-X .p
Indeed, ZeroSPU is not perfect. In fact it doesn't emulate half of the chip Wink
Update to 1.4 and try again.
(04-24-2010, 04:56 PM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed, ZeroSPU is not perfect. In fact it doesn't emulate half of the chip Wink
Update to 1.4 and try again.

hmm yes the latest 1.4 stable works way better as the new ones from the SVN
I have this problem... The SPU2-X v1.4 isn't selectable under sound when I put it in the plugins folder. I want to use the plugin so... How do I make it appear under the selections?
Did you update DirectX?