..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SPU2-X v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having troubles with SPU2-X plugin. I keep getting this error.

[Image: 8osMd59Q.png]

These are the settings I am using for SPU2-X.

[Image: Qz7pwlH9.png]
Try XAudio2 as your output module. Dsound hasn't been tested as of late.
Well, DSound works if I turn off hardware buffer....
^^ @slayvus: That's the exact same problem I was having, and yeah turning off Hardware Buffers fixed it like it did for you Tongue
It worked fine on XP, but not 7 (which is pretty much understandable).
This emulator has advanced greatly. Two years ago, Budokai 3 ran sluggishly. I just finished Tales of the Abyss and must admit I'm impressed. Aside from a few sporadic crashes and freezes (speedhacks-caused, to improve FPS on towns) I was able to finish the game beautifully, pretty much no issues at all.

Saint Seiya Hades, however, has proved a harder bone to gnaw. The game tends to run at 45~50 FPS but what really bothers me is the audio. It crackles like hell. I used to have this problem in Tales of the Abyss but I simply disabled speedhacks before starting the game and it pretty much avoided crackling. I'm currently using Gigaherz SPU2 which is the only audio plugin that works for me. SPU2 1.4 doesn't open at all. It displays the not enough resources message. I know its not a resources problem as I think I have enough memory. I don't know what to do to get audio working properly in this game. I've tried tampering with the size and the number of buffers and disabling TimeStretcher and other features but the crackling persists, I've also tried running it on XA2 and DirectSound 5.1, same problem. Also voices are heard only outsides battles, inside only the background music plays. All other FXs are played at an incredibly low volume.

Any suggestions?

My configuration is as follows:

Intel Q6900 at 3 GHz. 8 GB of DDR2 RAM. 1 GB ATI Radeon HD890. I'm using the integrated realtek audio chipset. I'm running Windows 7.
You will have issues with the older SPU2 plugins. Your best bet is to get SPU2-X 1.4 working correctly.
Try a different output module for it. DirectSound or XA2, one of them should work.
If it won't work with either output module update your DirectX.
If that doesn't fix it, post a screenshot of the error please.
Anyway, the lose of Dsound hardware support is not a PCSX2 issue, Neither Windows Vista or seven uses it anymore and was replaced by OpenAL (ASIO was kept clean too, afaik). This is a problem even for PC games that used it and need to work in software mode now. Creative Labs has a 'workaround' for the issue, named Alchemy. I did read about others manufacturers offering options but don't know really, open to search.

Unless things changes up to down again, DirectX will not support it anymore. It has a structural conflict with the MS "Universal Audio Architecture" and I doubt its return.
(08-04-2010, 03:03 AM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]You will have issues with the older SPU2 plugins. Your best bet is to get SPU2-X 1.4 working correctly.
Try a different output module for it. DirectSound or XA2, one of them should work.
If it won't work with either output module update your DirectX.
If that doesn't fix it, post a screenshot of the error please.

Rama, you are a genius. I disabled hardware buffers and the sound works beautifully. A googol thanks! Now if we could get Bandai to make a Saint Seiya game with all the mariners, God Warriors, Gold Saints, Bronze saints and silver saints......
(08-04-2010, 02:39 AM)SagaKun Wrote: [ -> ]Saint Seiya Hades, however, has proved a harder bone to gnaw. The game tends to run at 45~50 FPS but what really bothers me is the audio. It crackles like hell. I used to have this problem in Tales of the Abyss but I simply disabled speedhacks before starting the game and it pretty much avoided crackling. I'm currently using Gigaherz SPU2 which is the only audio plugin that works for me. SPU2 1.4 doesn't open at all. It displays the not enough resources message. I know its not a resources problem as I think I have enough memory. I don't know what to do to get audio working properly in this game. I've tried tampering with the size and the number of buffers and disabling TimeStretcher and other features but the crackling persists, I've also tried running it on XA2 and DirectSound 5.1, same problem. Also voices are heard only outsides battles, inside only the background music plays. All other FXs are played at an incredibly low volume.

Any suggestions?

Disable "Hardware" options in SPU2-X and in your soundcard driver options too (if you can). Honestly, soundcard hardware acceleration has never been very good, nor very useful except on Pentiums and P2's -- in best case scenarios it removes 1-3% load from your CPU; which is next to nothing on a modern dual core CPU. In most cases it just added CPU time and latency, and complicated programmers' lives considerably.

If you still have problems, then please post a copy of your emulog.txt file (or copy/paste form the Console log window; which can be enabled from Misc menu).
i have some issues here,running def jam fight for ny,even tough the game run full speed here the sound works great at the begining of the fights,but after a minute the plugins seems to skip some audio backround ,then the music,and then even the voices of the players itselfs,so after 2 minutes i found me playing with only the music and everything else is mute