..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SPU2-X v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-08-2013, 05:42 AM)jadentheman Wrote: [ -> ]Virgin KLM you spoke of being able to replace the game tracks on the ISO with PCM tracks from the game's official OST. HOw is this possible? can we also do this for PPSSPP too or JPCSP? Because the audio sounds really poor on computers.

BTW how is that PCSX2 real 5.1 channel research going?

Never said what you said above for PCSX2. I said that for PPSSPP. Tongue2
(Whoops momment)
It's by replacing the AT3 stream with a PCM and use the same markers for looping.
For PCSX2 I was investigating the possibility to force a 5.1 output by making/forcing voices static (so samples get restricted to change voice every like 500ms and they will always stay on one voice) and map those voices to a channel. I think a special DeSmuMe build can do it, the voices of the SPU work simmilarly to PS2 and PSOne's.
SO I guess there is no need for an SPU2- X debug build like before.
(05-12-2013, 11:28 PM)jadentheman Wrote: [ -> ]SO I guess there is no need for an SPU2- X debug build like before.
Actualy, exactly the opposite, it's mandatory.
the spu debugger again? what for? you can't do much with it anyway. ofc. one could code a complex sequencer or some kinda interface and map, record and visualize the whole sound environment on it, but it's overkill, isn't it? Laugh

just cause i felt like it. there you have it. once again.

latest SPU2-X-dev build r5559

sidenote: even the old version rama posted on page 46 works now. didn't back then iirc.
(05-13-2013, 08:31 PM)xstyla Wrote: [ -> ]one could code a complex sequencer or some kinda interface and map, record and visualize the whole sound environment on it, but it's overkill, isn't it? Laugh
Mmmm, No? It wouldn't be actualy. There have been implemented already dozens of stuff that can easily be considered as an overkill compared to a visual interface that handles manual mapping in voices. To be honest, I'm kinda surprised nobody have attempted/thought of it as for today.

(05-13-2013, 08:31 PM)xstyla Wrote: [ -> ]just cause i felt like it. there you have it. once again.

latest SPU2-X-dev build r5559

sidenote: even the old version rama posted on page 46 works now. didn't back then iirc.
Thanx, I was puzzled why it didn't work!
whatever.
I think I've said this before in this thread but anyway, yes, the more debugging tools available, the better.
Voice manipulation with visual feedback is just the kind of fun tool every emu dev wants, I bet Smile
Coding it all takes a bit of time though and someone who wants to do it.
I'd like to do this but I lack the time, so anyone else want to? Tongue2
If I had the skills I'd do it. What I see here is that there is somekind of a traffic mechanism that searches for the least busy voice and sends the sample on that voice. Also it seems that everytime it's the same so it's not random, it will happen with exactly the same way for example if you watch the same cutscene. Is there a way to force the emulator not doing that and just create a standard traffic that samples (channels) gets past through the voices without jumping from one to the other?

If you want to do a simple voice mixer, you could give a check at DeSmuMe's code, it has a simple 16 voice mute/unmute system for voices that ADPCM samples pass through them, so, similarly to PS2. That could be a start.
yeah @rama. i could do some work on a lil debug interface. i'm not cool toder tho, but the implementation is pretty clean. easy to extend to the right. which is good. now the question is what you'd need? a memory graph with current channel voice windows? it won't show the sound windows from not playing buffers tho. that channel voices are dynamic. a voice pool would be awesome. that's hard tho. where the sample starts. where it ends. that's all setup when playing back. so a click channel and show current voice sample data with the adsr curve would make it worth more i guess. mmh. Laugh
Think about what you would like to have and then if you can (and want to) code it Smile