..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SPU2-X v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some of the music in final fantasy X and XII sounds kind midi. Is there anyway to fix this issue? FF XII when kane shows up in Damascas the audio just sounds really light and no bass or anything. I have it set to directsound. Does anybody have this problem. Some music in FF X sounds like that as well. The boss music when you start fighting water boss in the ruins towards the beginning of the game. Maybe I am crazy but I compared it to my PS2 and mp3's and it sounded like it was missing something.

Nice to know still working on it. Thanks for letting me know new update!

=)
It's possible, there are some parameters to sound generation that are not full reverse engineered yet.
We're aware of that, and will try to fix it of course.

Also: Updated to 1.4! Smile
(03-10-2010, 04:21 PM)Bright-Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to bother you once again, but I got a new problem with portaudio. This time on Linux (Ubuntu 9.10) though^^. I've got to note, that I'm almost completely new to Linux beforehand. I downloaded the svn and compiled it with Code::Blocks (as recommended), which worked without any problem. But I just can't find portaudio in the list Code::Blocks gives me^^. Could you please lend me a hand once again? Because ZeroSPU2 doesn't work that well for my games (gives me cracking sound all the time to be precisely).

Actually, portaudio isn't in the Code::Blocks workspace. On Linux, I have it using the native libraries, so as long as you actually have portaudio installed in Ubuntu, spu2-x should use it. It does need soundtouch, but that is set as a dependency, and will compile in Codeblocks when you compile spu2-x if it hasn't been compiled already.

Keep in mind that Linux support on spu2-x is very preliminary, though. (It's been working less then 3 weeks!)

Also, as regards ZeroSPU2, you might note that when you activate it before compiling it, there are build targets for alsa, portaudio, and oss. On my system, the alsa build target works better then the oss one, though your mileage may vary.

And make sure to fiddle with the settings on ZeroSPU2 if you have issues. I tend to default to time scaling on and real time mode off.
Just to keep people informed, there had been a great improvement with the Spu2-X 1.3 rev2681 and some games that shows only a black screen now works in PCSX2:
- Agent Hugo
- Asterix & Obelix XXL
- Asterix & Obelix XXL 2 (minor sound glitches, will test with newest spu 2x 1.4 soon)
- Asterix at the Olympic Games
- Commandos Strike Force
- Kill Switch
- Moto GP 07
- Winter Sports

This ones stops in loading and now works:
- Fire Heroes
- Tokobot Plus Mysteries of the Karakumi

And this game now has full sound and music:
- Curse the Eye of Isis

With PCSX 2 svn 2682 these games now works:
- Disney's Winnie the Pooh Rumbly Tumbly Adventure.
- Disney's Piggles Big Movie Game.

So thanks for this great improvement rama.
Add Project Zero 2 and 3 , Burnout 3 and 4 (Paradise), Black, Silent Hill Origins, Max Payne2, Ghost Rider, 7 sins, Madagascar and Amplitude Smile
yes this was a beautiful changeSmile,made me very happySmile.thank you pcsx2 team!
Thanks for the answer Arcum!

(03-11-2010, 11:25 AM)arcum42 Wrote: [ -> ][...]
On Linux, I have it using the native libraries, so as long as you actually have portaudio installed in Ubuntu
[...]

I'm afraid to tell you that I fail with this part... I found the latest stable version online and I managed to download it, but I don't know how to install it. I used "./configure && make" like suggested in the portaudio wiki and this also build a bin folder, but didn't install it. And the files inside this folder don't give me a clue either^^. Could you please tell me how I can install it? Some things are really difficult on Linux (at least for a noob like me Tongue2). I'd like to use SPU2-X on Linux, because the cracking of ZeroSPU2 in Persona 4 is really killing me... I wasn't able to test other games up to now, but Persona 4 just sounds horrible.

Edit: Digital Devil Saga is just as bad.

I don't like to ask questions I know to be stupid, but:

Also, as regards ZeroSPU2, you might note that when you activate it before compiling it, there are build targets for alsa, portaudio, and oss. On my system, the alsa build target works better then the oss one, though your mileage may vary.
[...]

Could you please explain this a little further? I unfortunately don't get how I can compile ZeroSPU2 with these targets or what results this brings.

And make sure to fiddle with the settings on ZeroSPU2 if you have issues. I tend to default to time scaling on and real time mode off.

Well, I struggled a bit with the configurations, but I just don't reach a good result for Persona 4. I tried every combination of settings, but the cracking just won't vanish. Long story short: How did you configure your sound plugin and which would it be? Or would this be ZeroSPU2 and this is your usual config? If yes, please tell me how you solved the cracking problem, if you did. Because this really kills the fun of playing with PCSX2 on Linux (which would be very sad Sad).
Tongue Great!, I never thought some games can be fixed "only" with a new sound plugin, but I test Project Zero 2 and 3 (PAL version of Fatal Frame), and THEY work (the firt time I see they work using the PCSX2 Beta 1888) . AWESOME!.
Now, in regards to the latest version (1.4), when I open up PCSX2 1888, the list still lists it as version 1.2. What the heck's going on? Shouldn't it be listed as 1.4, or is does this only work with the latest alpha versions?
Shows fine here: SPU2-X r2693 1.4.0

Does it show an error when you load the emulator saying it couldn't load the plugin?