..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SPU2-X v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
GSdx's fps readout is generally not trustworthy, especially with MTGS enabled. The only true way to test PCSX2's Limit accuracy is to disable Timestretching on either SPU2-X or ZeroSPU2, and see if it ever skips during a part of a game that runs full framerate on your machine. I usually use a menu screen, since those typically run very fast. If the limiter has accuracy problems, the SPU2 plugin will either "skip" or "pop" every 15-30 seconds (spu2-x), or loop in and out of studderyness (zerospu2 -- typically smooth for 7-15 seconds, and studdery for a few seconds). If the audio plays smooth, then all is well.

I added logging features to spu2-x to log buffer over/underruns. It's specifically included for this purpose.

The last time I tested it (which admittedly was some months ago, just before the 0.9.6 release), all was fine. GSdx's FPS readout was pretty inaccurate as always, but the sound never skipped and that meant that the emulation was dead on accurate.

The reason this works is because the SPU2 is timed to the frequency of your soundcard, which uses its own internal 48khz timer. If PCSX2 is timed properly itself, it feeds your SPU2 plugin exactly 48000 samples per second. If it's off by any amount, you'll get eventual skips and studders caused by the internal sound buffers getting overrun or underrun.

Now for the kicker: enabling vsync is not accurate. PS2 games are clocked at 59.94 frames per second, and so running them at 60fps will cause audio to skip/desync every 16 seconds or so. To get PS2-accurate timings you need to have the internal limiter enabled, regardless of the vsync setting.
I don't know if I'm a typical case or not, but for me it just always runs fast and loose. If I set it to limit at 57 fps, it will hover around 100%, give or take 3-6 fps.

ZZogl reports the same as GSdx. So far vsync is the best way to limit sputtering. In action games, it's best to have that consistency.
To report another bug that i suppose that is plugin related, the game Gradius III & IV only got music and sound effects using zerospu but don't have it if you use spu2x.
This is strange, i got that strange frame limiter thing if a change the ee options and the vu recs options,in some games XD
Hi, i'm kinda new to all this the program and stuff
I would appreciate if anyone could just help me a bit
I got a small problem here with this new SPU2-x 1.2.dll

Here how it looks

[Image: problemat.th.jpg]

Thank you in advance, who can help this newbie Tongue
i think you need to update your DirectX Smile
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...layLang=en
Bug report :

SPU2-X prevents Armored Core 3 from running; the screen just displays a black screen.
Tested with different spu2-x setting, no go.
Tested using peops and zero spus; game works fine.
No audio at all with SPU2-x 1.2.. works with 1.1.

Dolby Digital Live Sound card Mystique 7.1
Did you try using the DirectSound driver instead of the default XAudio2 driver?
r1933 is still breaking all of my games (all of my games = GUST games)

Jake you need to refix it Laugh