..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SPU2-X v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sound still sounds simular to a modem.

Thanks!

(06-08-2010, 08:48 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]Try with the 'none' synchronizing mode or the older spu2-x 1.2 plugin.
(06-13-2010, 04:42 AM)mpeg3s Wrote: [ -> ]Sound still sounds simular to a modem.

Thanks!

Your framerates are too low. Try disabling Timestretching in SPU2-X and maybe also using a longer buffer -- like a half second or something. Sound will be choppy/skippy, but will no longer sound like a modem.
I simply played with the sound configs and tried teaking the lateny to get optimal sound and now even my sons kingdom Hearts plays cool!!!

Thanks to all the devs for the sweet program;D

The F1 Save button and F3 load states rock no more save crystals needed lol;D

Laterz
No way!

For video I get near 60 FPS most the time.

A. I tried that and didn't get much different besides going from one high note to multiple high note. Due to the problem I have to turn off the sound.
B. I can use DirectSound, but "Hardware" buffering fails to work. The other buffering doesn't help.

(06-13-2010, 01:53 PM)Air Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-13-2010, 04:42 AM)mpeg3s Wrote: [ -> ]Sound still sounds simular to a modem.

Thanks!

Your framerates are too low. Try disabling Timestretching in SPU2-X and maybe also using a longer buffer -- like a half second or something. Sound will be choppy/skippy, but will no longer sound like a modem.
sorry for making such a question but, how about "the async mix" under Synchronizing on this plugin ?.i mean what is the diference between this option and the older one timestretch
Async mixing adjusts the speed of the SPU2 to our needs. Faster when the audio buffers run empty, slower when they fill.
This is vastly superior to timestretch for keeping the audio output smooth and nice, and it also has the nice effect of making
streamed audio in many games always run at full speed, no matter the actual FPS.

There's a big catch though:
It's breaking games that expect the SPU2 to run at a fixed speed. Most notable in some FMV that just freeze.

So try it out and use it if your game likes it, but turn it off if it causes issues.
@ rama

Wow what a nice feature,so with some time this will substitute timestreching or not ?
It can't, as the problems i described are it's main feature Tongue2
when i said "with some time" i mean with some work too,so you are saying that this async mixing will be always like that,so you simply cant improve it to a point wich that problem that you described will be gone ?
Yes, exactly.