..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SPU2-X v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oh well, the old volume issue :/
Believe me, we worked hours on that, it's just so hard to get right Tongue2
(07-17-2009, 11:27 AM)gladiator Wrote: [ -> ]Tried all that with the same results, it seems that Spu2x doesn't support the Homer's sound that the game made when the memory card is checked.

This is most likely the AutoDMA problem, which actually broke from changes made to other parts of PCSX2's DMA timings. It's just so hard to fix properly, in that it needs some major changes to the plugin interface. I'm saving it for later when the wxgui port is done.
(07-18-2009, 02:20 AM)diegochiha Wrote: [ -> ]Hey air i have a question for you does this plugin has some sort of frame limiter?,beacuse when i try my games they slow down to 60fps,its like frame limiter is on but it it isnt,is this a bug?

There is no framelimiting stuff left in SPU2-X. There used to be one in spu2ghz but I removed it since it was mostly just a hackfix designed to compensate for inaccuracies in PCSX2's own frame limiter, which we fixed many moons ago.

So I'm not really sure how it could be causing frame limiting for you. SPU2-X is a big slower than the other SPU2 plugins, so if you were getting ~63-65 fps in others you would see a drop to 60-61 in SPU2-X most likely. That's the only thing I can come up with. Other than that it's pretty well inconcieveable that SPU2-X could be doing any sort of framelimiting. Sad
(07-18-2009, 01:03 PM)Tamyu Wrote: [ -> ]This isn`t a huge issue, just a mildly annoying one, but I thought I`d post it anyway.
This isn`t limited to a specific game, but I have noticed a fair amount of volume fluctuation with voices and FMV. I`ve tried changing the settings around and it doesn`t go away.

You're going to need to list games. Most (if not all) games I use for testing are handling volumes correctly. Also, it's worth noting that some games actually have pretty poorly designed FMV volume inconsistencies; that is, on the PS2 itself the FMVs and voice-overs may be noticeably louder or quieter than sound effects or other in-game audio. Tales of the Abyss is a good example of a game who's actual "correct" volumes are just all over the place and people often forget just how erratic it is, and think that it's wrong somehow. Smile
(07-22-2009, 11:57 AM)Air Wrote: [ -> ]You're going to need to list games. Most (if not all) games I use for testing are handling volumes correctly. Also, it's worth noting that some games actually have pretty poorly designed FMV volume inconsistencies; that is, on the PS2 itself the FMVs and voice-overs may be noticeably louder or quieter than sound effects or other in-game audio. Tales of the Abyss is a good example of a game who's actual "correct" volumes are just all over the place and people often forget just how erratic it is, and think that it's wrong somehow. Smile

Thanks for the reply.
I don`t think it`s what you are talking about - the balance between regular sound and other audio. No problems there, from what I can tell.

I`ll have to dig through and check which games it happens in, but one that is pretty obvious with is Hakuouki. There is an incredible amount of speech, and you can hear volume fluctuations within the speech. It should all be at a relatively standard volume, but in the middle of words it will suddenly jump louder or quieter. The same thing doesn`t happen if played on the PS2 or PS3.
I wish I could think of a better way to describe it... It`s like in a very short period of time volume jumps from 50 to 45 to 55 to 60 to 50 to... Not a large enough leap to hurt my ears with headphones on, but a little bit frustrating sometimes as it can make it hard to listen to speech if too bad.
You could try deleting the spu2-x.ini file to see if it makes any difference. Do other plugins have the same problem?
hi air..
i have problem with SPU2-X in wwe raw vs smackdown 2007. whenever i use spu-x sound plugin the games hangs at the start match screen.with other plugins it runs ok...any solution...
(07-22-2009, 11:46 AM)Air Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-17-2009, 11:27 AM)gladiator Wrote: [ -> ]Tried all that with the same results, it seems that Spu2x doesn't support the Homer's sound that the game made when the memory card is checked.

This is most likely the AutoDMA problem, which actually broke from changes made to other parts of PCSX2's DMA timings. It's just so hard to fix properly, in that it needs some major changes to the plugin interface. I'm saving it for later when the wxgui port is done.

Thanks for the information.
(07-22-2009, 11:46 AM)Air Wrote: [ -> ]inaccuracies in PCSX2's own frame limiter, which we fixed many moons ago.

Maybe I'm oversimplifying the use of the word, but I would think it still needs to be fixed when I never get 60fps unless I set GSdx to vsync (and then I can't fastforward).

Perhaps it's just me, but I almost always run at 106-113%.
just go Config->Cpu and set it to Limit >_>
I would assume by stating I use fastforwarding that I wouldn't be implying I would be using the function to do so at 5 extra fps.