..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SPU2-X v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-08-2009, 09:17 PM)tohdom Wrote: [ -> ]is there a way to change volume of the sound while IN GAME?

If you have windows 7 as your signature says, simply change the volume from window's volume mixer panel.
tnx. but for some reason i can not open it from system tray. just click on it and nothing happens. Maybe it is not working with the build-in soundcard (realtek)?
Is there any other way i can open this mixer. Did not find it in control panel.

ok. they all appeared (dozen instances Smile) right after i closed pscx2 Smile and if i run it again, there is no pcsx2 in the volume mixer. and if i run the game, mixer will freeze.
do you use it with pcsx2 or just suggest general solution?
I dont use it much but I've used it for muting pcsx2 while listening to music on foobar before, just pause pcsx2 and run the mixer.
(12-09-2009, 12:54 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]I dont use it much but I've used it for muting pcsx2 while listening to music on foobar before, just pause pcsx2 and run the mixer.

i see long time anyone has posted anything Tongue well i wanted to ask if cubic interpolation works now in the latest svn's. also is it better from linear yet? or it depends on the game? or none is better?
everything is about sound quality
I don't think cubic is implemented, I set it to nearest/none cause it sounds better for me than the other interpolation options and always has for almost everything i can set the interpolation on.
why then linear is recommended? and if u can what are the differences between those 2?
Linear and cubic are implemented, though cubic might be buggy.
Or the samples were just made with linear interpolation in mind, and sound bad in cubic.

Linear interpolation is what the PS2 uses, that's why we recommend it.
None works well usually though, and since it's a bit faster, people like it.
(02-03-2010, 06:52 PM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]Linear interpolation is what the PS2 uses, that's why we recommend it.
None works well usually though, and since it's a bit faster, people like it.

thanks allot Smile
I got a problem compiling the newest version of SPU2-X. Specifically after the addition of PortAudio. Since then I'm unable to compile it, there always seems to be some kind of linking errors. That makes sense, since I haven't compiled PortAudio. But how can I do this^^? I can't really find the .sln for PortAudio. I found a .sln in "portaudio --> build --> msvc", but this ends up in an error as well, so I guess it's the wrong one. Sorry, I'm pretty new to compiling and all this and I'm glad that I was able to compile PCSX2 and the plugins. That was not so difficult at all, but PortAudio really got me^^.
I hope this question isn't very annoying Wink :
is it possible to reprogram SPU2-X to force it to execute on the 3-rd processor if the core type is QUAD?
I've noticed like +8 fps (51->59) when using SpuNull plugin while running pcsx2 on AMD Phenom Quad 3.0 GHz, so I thought that if spu processing slows down other components and if PS2 does not need spu instructions to be processed on the same thread as the GPU and EE (that's just my assumption, i could be wrong ofc), then maybe it would be easy to make some switch in the code (and some checkbox in the plugin config UI) that will either run as usual, or run on 3-rd/4-th processor if the core allows it. If I understand things correctly in my case this would mean 59 fps with sound Wink.

What do you think abou that Air ?