..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SPU2-X v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While I appreciate your advice, I'm an IT technician by trade, i know how to keep my computer clean of crap and how to maintain it etc Tongue

I guess something was just conflicting or corrupt, possibly something in my WinSxS folder was actually causing bad compatibility with certain things (now wouldn't that be irony? Tongue)
You can call it a poltergeist a nasty adware that called for an extensive procedure and several specialized standalone applets just to get rid off. Those were> SecurityCheck.exe; adwcleaner.exe; RogueKiller.exe; Combofix.exe, tdsskiller.exe and aswMBR.exe, in that order. I could not run Combofix on Win 8, the other worked fine.

The malware from spigot caused some irritating issues and driver spinoffs which could spike the CPU and cause hiccups I reported in playing SO3 and could be a possible cause for the crashes experimented before with FF-X.

PS: the spinoffs were related to DCOM access blocking from win8 (and possibly win7 would do the same) with a huge amount of messages at the event viewer. I noticed it only after attempt to general clean up which messed it's "preparations" and exposed it. One clear symptom of it's presence is the impossibility to change Yahoo as the default search engine.
sounds like you did have a nasty. Malwarebytes is also another good tool to run for removing malware/adware/spyware/crap Tongue

Also Hitman Pro proves to be an interesting one which uploads all your exe's to the web to check them.
(12-18-2012, 03:31 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]sounds like you did have a nasty. Malwarebytes is also another good tool to run for removing malware/adware/spyware/crap Tongue

Also Hitman Pro proves to be an interesting one which uploads all your exe's to the web to check them.

Yep, was from Malwarebytes site I got the hints of these stand alone applets to completely get rid of the issue. Still the first to really see and start it's removing was Spybot. Just this (insert a bad word here) is insidious and create an impressive amount of register entries and files to protect itself and grant the return, even the subsequent applets still found some traces of it yet left unfound by the previous. Really nasty that one. Among the changes it makes to register is eliminating UAC asking for administrator permission to proceed (as it was disabled changing the value to 0)... at this I would say it was "beneficent" Smile

PS: Or maybe that UAC thing was not from it by myself... I hate that asking mainly because it might silently block resources and is cause of many hard to troubleshoot issues related to access rights....

And Win8 makes yet more changes to ACL turning the life of users a hell... or maybe is just to "convince" them to use Metro and avoid the desktop, who knows?
(12-18-2012, 03:31 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]sounds like you did have a nasty. Malwarebytes is also another good tool

True...but and i Do Want to Write This In Capitals !!!

DO NOT TRY TO END MBYTES PROCESSES PREMATURE TO TROUBLESHOOT ANYTHING FOR INSTANCE!!

IN DOING SO, WILL MOST DEFINITELY END IN AN HARD RESET OF YOUR PC !!!

Wosn't always like that with Mbytes...though !!

cherriepoppers
So i might as well report this. Maybe it's just me being dumb or something. When playing Kingdom Hearts (SCES-50969), i noticed that in cutscenes, some of the voiced lines sounded like they were randomly filtered through frequency bands. For example, a victory line in the coliseum might suddenly sound like it went through a low-pass, next fight the same line sounds like a high-pass, sometimes i only get mid frequencies and the like. I used SPU2-X r5446 at XAudio2, Catmull-Rom.

Is that a known problem, a side effect of something i did wrong, or new? Or maybe not related to SPU2-X at all?

Not playing the game any more at the moment, but i can get back to it for more information.
Apart from the fact that Kingdom Hearts games need Catmull-Rom for their interpolation (otherwise they sound a tad aliased or the excited frequencies sound way too sharp, and the game contains ALOT of them) I never had a single problem with the games regarding audio.
Could you try to play it again and record that audio/make a log?
(12-21-2012, 08:05 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: [ -> ]Apart from the fact that Kingdom Hearts games need Catmull-Rom for their interpolation (otherwise they sound a tad aliased or the excited frequencies sound way too sharp, and the game contains ALOT of them) I never had a single problem with the games regarding audio.
Could you try to play it again and record that audio/make a log?

It's difficult to reproduce, since as far as I can discern, it crops up randomly. I'm currently uploading a video from a run through the coliseum, where you can hear Sora's three or so different victory lines. You'll notice that the same lines sound differently sometimes.

Take scene #2 (ca. 0:06), #3 (ca. 0:13) and #5 (ca. 0:26) all sound different despite him saying the same line.

Scene #1 and #7 (ca. 0:39) are also the same line sounding vastly different.

Here's the uploaded video on YT. Watch in high quality, of course, else you can't hear jack due to YT's compression.
http://youtu.be/hwAA_gyVc1Y

Oh yeah, and please tell me how I'd take a log to help you.
Possibly it has to do with a gamefix or something that is not connected with the CRC of the German version you are playing. I need other people here to give it a shot and tell their opinion on the issue.
In case you need the serial and CRC, it's:
Serial = SCES-50969
Game CRC = 0xAE3EAA05