..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: LilyPad 0.10.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Beats me, then.
(04-26-2009, 01:30 AM)GreekAthlon Wrote: [ -> ]Does anybody know if I can switch between two different controllers? Lilypad let's me setup two different pads, pad1 and pad2. So I configured my thrustmaster dualshock2 pad as pad1 and my keyboard as pad2. When I start a game, the pcsx2 understands pad1 but ignore's pad2? Why lilypad offers the opportunity for configuring a second controller (pad2) if pcsx2 doesn't recognize it?

(04-26-2009, 01:19 AM)ChickenLiver Wrote: [ -> ]Because you only have pad 1 configured to use LilyPad. Pad 2 is configured to use another pad plugin?

In the "configure" options of pcsx2 both controllers say lilypad and on the lilypad setup the pad 1 is my dualshock2 pad and the pad2 is my keyboard configuration (which is useless cause pcsx2 doesn't recognize it).Huh So it is as I have one configured controller (my dualshock pad).Wacko

I think that pcsx2 understands pad2 (second controller) as a two player game (as ps2 does)Glare. If this is happening, pad2 controller can be used only in two player games so you cannot switch between the two pads.
Erm...wait...you mean you expect Pad 1 and Pad 2 to both behave as Pad 1? I've don't often call people idiots, but... You are aware that a real PS2 has 2 pad ports for like...two player games...because you have a real PS2, right? And if you plug the pad into port 2, it won't work with most single player games?

If you want both keyboard and your gamepad to behave as the first controller on an actual PS2, bind them both to pad 1! My god! What a concept!
(04-26-2009, 01:57 AM)ChickenLiver Wrote: [ -> ]Erm...wait...you mean you expect Pad 1 and Pad 2 to both behave as Pad 1? I've don't often call people idiots, but... You are aware that a real PS2 has 2 pad ports for like...two player games...because you have a real PS2, right? And if you plug the pad into port 2, it won't work with most single player games?

If you want both keyboard and your gamepad to behave as the first controller on an actual PS2, bind them both to pad 1! My god! What a concept!

How can I bind them both on pad1?Huh I haven't found a method to configure both controllers on pad1.Glare When I try to configure the same ps2 botton for two different controller types (for example botton O of ps2 to both button O of my dualshock2 pad and button O of pc keyboard), lilypad accepts button O of my pad but rejects button O of my keyboard as a second method.Wacko Is there a way or not?Blush
Define "accepts" and "rejects". As long as you don't have keyboard mode set to disabled and DirectInput enabled for game controllers, should be able to bind buttons on both to the same button on the same pad.

Edit: Also, sorry for the tone of my last message...Completely misunderstood you. Blame it on lack of sleep, or stupidity.
(04-26-2009, 03:35 PM)ChickenLiver Wrote: [ -> ]Define "accepts" and "rejects". As long as you don't have keyboard mode set to disabled and DirectInput enabled for game controllers, should be able to bind buttons on both to the same button on the same pad.

Edit: Also, sorry for the tone of my last message...Completely misunderstood you. Blame it on lack of sleep, or stupidity.

I already have configured my dualshock pad as pad1 and when I try to bind buttons for my keyboard too (on the same pad1 of course), a negative sound is being heard and nothing happens.Huh When I try this, the controller device of the new button (that is being written on the new button line) is obligingly my wireless pad. In other words, lilypad believes that as all the previous buttons refair to my wireless pad, the new configured button should also refer to this controller. In this way I cannot bind any ps2 button to my keyboard.Glare I believe that I can neither bind two different controllers on the same pad1 nor switch between two different controllers, so I won't speak about this anymore.Closedeyes I only wanted to be certain about this, that's why I've written here.Blush
Negative sound? Huh? LilyPad plays no sounds.

You should be able to bind controls from as many PC devices as you want to the same button on the same pad. Mouse, keyboard, multiple gamepads, etc. LilyPad makes absolutely no assumption that all controls bound to pad 1 are all on the same device. You might want to try another keyboard API, though they all should work. You do have LilyPad configured as the controller plugin for both pad 1 and pad 2 in the PCSX2 plugin selection screen, right? Otherwise, the other pad plugin may be stealing input from me.
-I have three photos attached. In the second photo I try to bind the keyboard key O to the ps2 key circle. It is the grayed line in the lilypad (photo2). In this grayed line, in the device spot the lilypad has obligingly put my dualshock 2 controller "run 'n' drive wireless" (which I have circled in this photo), so I cannot bind any keyboard button.
-All the previous bindings refer to the "run n drive" controller, so I guess I can only use one controller for all ps2 keys.
-Thanks in advance-
That's really odd. Try disabling DirectInput for other devices and then setting up your bindings. I have keyboard keys, mouse, and my gamepad all bound to pad 1 simultaneously for testing.

Note that you shouldn't normally have to do that, not sure what's really going on.
(04-27-2009, 01:03 AM)ChickenLiver Wrote: [ -> ]That's really odd. Try disabling DirectInput for other devices and then setting up your bindings. I have keyboard keys, mouse, and my gamepad all bound to pad 1 simultaneously for testing.

Note that you shouldn't normally have to do that, not sure what's really going on.

-You were rightExcl I had to disable DirectInput for other devices in order to bind my keyboard buttons and then re enable DirectInput.Ohmy In this way both bindings (keyboards and "run 'n' drive" ones) where enabled. Happy
-Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.Laugh I didn't believe there was actually a waySmile