..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: LilyPad 0.10.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
can some one help me? when ever i set keys or change any setting and click apply it never saves it it just clears all the keys and puts the setting back to the way they were. so can yall tel me whats up.
I can tell you what's up. You didn't read the FAQ

Quote:My settings are not being saved / Error creating memcard

Right click on pcsx2.exe and select 'Run as administrator' (Vista / Windows 7 only) and/or install PCSX2 on a folder you have rights to write (like My Documents)
(07-27-2010, 07:51 AM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]I can tell you what's up. You didn't read the FAQ

Quote:My settings are not being saved / Error creating memcard

Right click on pcsx2.exe and select 'Run as administrator' (Vista / Windows 7 only) and/or install PCSX2 on a folder you have rights to write (like My Documents)
but i did do that still no luck but i fixed it on my own jut re installed it.
sir i have a problem in lilypad when i try to put the plug in and after that it says "waiting for task:applying settings" why's that it hangs there ,after i put that lily plugin..pls help and the sspsx pad too when i try to configure my buttons it hangs also so what i did is to close it ...and i did tried to put other pad plug ins but errors pops out...T__T men i really need to make this thing work..BTW this are my cpu's specs not that high:

AMD Athlon™ II X2 240 Processor 2.80 GHz (core 2 duo)
GeForce 9500 GT Vram 1GB
2GB RAM
I'm not sure what the culprit is concerning my issue, but I thought I'd post in this thread.

I have a dualshock 3 controller for my PS3. I have it connected to my PC (Windows 7 x64) using Motioninjoy's 64 bit drivers (version: 0.50002).

Under Motioninjoy's control panel, clicking "Vibration Testing" results in my controller rumbling.

In PCSX2, using Lilypad 0.10.0, under "Add Force Feedback Effect", it shows "DX MotioninJoy Virtual Game Controller". Clicking on "Big Motor" and trying any of the various settings (ie: Constant, Sine, etc) results in no rumble when I click the "Test" button. Same with "Small Motor".

Under the "Game Device APIs", I only have "Direct Input" and "Monitor when in background" selected.

Otherwise, the controller works fine. While rumble isn't a big deal, it's been nagging me for a while so I thought I'd ask if anyone knows definitively whether or not rumble is supposed to work. A search of these forums and google gave me the impression that it should, but so many people seem to be using libusb and a 32 bit system (or an xbox 360 controller), so I'm not sure how relevant that is to this situation.

Thank you.

Edit (Sept 4, 2010): I've found a solution. Leaving the original post in case someone else is wondering about this issue so they can find it via search.

The solution was to use the "Xbox 360 Controller Emulator" option in the MotioninJoy control panel. Then, within the lilypad settings, under "Game Device APIs", only select "XInput (Xbox 360 controllers only)".

Map keys. Make sure "XInput Padx", where x=some integer, is selected under "Add Force Feedback Effect". Rumble works great now.
Hello there,

ChickenLiver, I am wondering, would it be hard to add wheel support (in addition to Dualshock 2 and guitar) ?

Reason I am asking this is I believe racing games handle inputs specificaly depending it comes from a gamepad or a wheel. I mean binding wheel to horizontal analog stick does not give good results (but seems ok for pedals).

I have never played with a wheel on the original PS2, but judging the result we have when binding wheel to horizontal analog pad on gran tourismo 4 with Lilypad I can't believe gameplay is that bad when you play this game on original PS2 with wheel. That's why I am suspecting there is specific code to handle wheel inputs in (most ?) racing games.

What is your opinion on this ?
I can't use mouse for lily 0.10.0 & pcsx0.9.7 so I try to compare my set up in pcsx0.9.7/lily with pcsx 0.9.6/old version of lily (in pcsx0.9.6 I can use mouse) the biggest different is pcsx 0.9.6 has use GS thread check while in lily 0.10.0 don't have that choice.

And after i read this topic i see more than 20 peoples can't use mouse too ,so I assume that lily 0.10.0 can't use mouse then if anybody can't use mouse for pcsx0.9.7 I recommended pcsx0.9.6 instead.
Try changing the mouse api, try disabling "monitor in background" and "start without mouse focus".

It works here.
neelrocker: To the extent of my knowledge, wheels do in fact identify themselves as regular pads. You're welcome to go looking for any specs that prove me wrong, though. I don't have any wheels or any games that use them, myself (And haven't been using PCSX2 at all in the last year or so, anyways), so not something I have any interest in looking into, myself, though if you find relevant specs that show something needs to be changed, I will update LilyPad.
Hello ChickenLiver,

Thank you for your answer.

I think you are right on one point: wheel's axis inputs are probably handled the same way (same code) as analog pads "concerning RAW input". But I think the rest (game code using thoses RAW input values to "translate them to car handling") is different than for pad (sensivity, curves, especialy concerning X axis).

On sure thing: there must be something that differentiate wheel and pad, because in enthousia racing by exemple, when you go to steering wheel config menu it says "no controller found".

Considering this, I believe only a minor change (kind of a "switch" telling the game "this controller is a wheel") would be enough to bring LilyPad a real "wheel support". It would be very interesting to see the result if we manage to have LilyPad emulated controller detected as a wheel by games (all the rest of the LilyPad code handling inputs remaining the same (i.e. wheel binded to analog pad X axis, and pedals binded to analog pad Y axis. Just finding what does tell the game "this is not a pad this is a wheel")).

Thank you for offering updating Lilypad if I find something in specs, I am going to look at this and will come back to you if I find something coinciding with my theory and telling you what should be modified.

ps: anyone interested in wheel support here, feel free to send me a pm with links to any datasheets you could find regarding ps2 wheels Wink