..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ZZogl -- Zero GS KOSMOS fork
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-07-2010, 09:03 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]English only here or at least use a translator. Next time you get a warning.

As mentioned above (I created this virtual site to facilitate the publication of images) occurs the following problem:

- Square Enix does not appear in the beginning (have some adjustments to the plugin that does appear, but not the certainty)

- At the beginning of the game begins filming, it is divided into two

zz ogl 0.21.210 is already included with the pcsx2 svn?
Hey Zeydlitz,

sorry to bother you, but I experience the same problem as Carlos with Ubuntu 9.10. But unfortunately I'm totally new to Linux and don't really know how to handle scripts. I can download the svn of PCSX2 and ZZogl, but I fail in compiling ZZogl. Most likely because I don't get what to do with your script^^. Do I have to save your "text" somehow or how does it become a script? And how do I use it? Typing it into the terminal wasn't working (didn't expect that though Tongue2).

Again sorry for this noob question, but I just fail with this^^.
Ok. I add buildscript in my svn tree. Copy it into pcsx2 directory.
Thank you very much for this! Now it worked and it's a huge difference to the plugins that was included. But there was one small typo with your script. It's called "build_ZOGL.sh", but it seems that it must be named "build_ZZogl.sh" to work. At least I had to do this for it working properly. Just a small note for some users if they wonder why it won't work (if it won't work, I can well imagine that I screwed someting up^^).
so what are the changes in ZZogl r211?
Hi! May I have ZZogl r210 or ZZogl r211 ? Which is more stable version ? Thanks.
(03-16-2010, 01:39 PM)Bearmon Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! May I have ZZogl r210 or ZZogl r211 ? Which is more stable version ? Thanks.

ZZOgl rev 211 for Linux

i don't know the changes between 210 and 211, but if you want 210 for windows, look for it 1 or 2 pages back. Some people build their own and post them here so just search for them from time to time.
211 have compilation script. Currently Arcum start to redone mem part of ZZogl in main pcsx2 trunk, so last revision should be in r2761. I do merging later, when I be ready to return.
As far as that goes, the mem code is kind of a mess right now anyways, because I'm basically in the middle of pulling things apart, so no rush on a merge. Part of why I've been steadily committing my changes is so I can revert easily if I need to. (And most of what I've done gets disabled anyways if you comment NEW_TRANSFER out in Mem.cpp.)

Just figure that if you get the latest version from trunk, which is labeled zzogl-pg, there's a decent chance that it'll be more unstable then zzogl. (Partially because I've created a dozen functions from 1 macro temporarily, and it'd be easy for typos to creep in. Hopefully eventually I'll be able to collapse them back into one or two functions. That's what I'm aiming for.)

If Zeydlitz does any changes to zzogl while I'm working on it, I'm planning on keeping it in sync with them anyways, though.

The current changes in trunk are:
The library name and ini file reflect the slightly different name.
I created a Code::Blocks project for it.
I pulled all the transfer code into one file.
I pulled a lot of the X11 code into a file.
I commented out a bunch of extraneous variables.
And I've been changing a lot of macros in Mem.cpp into functions, and beating them into shape. That code is very convoluted, so there's no way I would have attempted that without the ability to commit changes to svn and revert them...

I'm essentially trying to make some of the code more maintainable. Zeydlitz has been doing some of the same things in other areas of the code; this is mainly old code from ZeroGS I'm dealing with. And the point of pulling the X11 code in one place is that it makes it easier to change. Eventually I want ZZOgl to be using a window provided by pcsx2, like GSdx currently is, and the way I've done the X11 code should make that easier to do.

What else I do on it really depends what else catches my eye. I'm mainly going after things that have been bugging me for a while in ZeroGS right now.

As you can guess from the description, right now I wouldn't expect to notice too many benefits in the code from trunk, since a lot of what I'm working on will be more useful down the line, when the code needs modification.
My Pcsx2 is reading ZZ Ogl PG 0.1.0 is that the newest rev,and from now on is this the name of zzogl or is that a different plugin
P.S Lets hope ZZogl will evolve into an even more powerfull plugin Wink