..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ZZogl -- Zero GS KOSMOS fork
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got it. Thanks for the quick reply Wink
[quote]
gl_line_strip, gl_triangle_strip, gl_triangle_fan and gl_quad ?
[/quite]
You wrong. We use GL_TRIANGLES with DrawArrays in Flush. We don't use sepcific triangles_something for each of this kick's -- to slow. We collect them in triangle array and draw by 1 drawArray call. So we made triangles of all of this. But you could try to redone this code, if you wish.
Yes it is what I said Wink You use gl_triangles.

But If you said it is slower I trust you. I suspect it is because the ps2 switch often the primitive type so you endup flushing a lots of small stream data.
ZZogl is almost fast as gsdx,I tried it in some games.Have you had a chance to compare results?
Maybe a stupid idea, but I have you try to draw line, line strip as triangle (with 2 same vertices) ? Well I'm not sure it is equivalent !
It's equvalent. But I don't see any speed gain. To perform this you need only 10 lines change -- all primtype to triangles and add a 2 lines for point and 1 for line (don't forget to add 3 to nCount).
Ok. I do not thinks line are heavily used anyway. I will look at it later. For the moment, I'm thinking to replace some Set_Vertex call in _STIP & _FAN by copy of previous vertex.
Well, GOW1 and FFXII use lines, but it seems a not very critical. As a said, see no speed difference.
What about tekken 5 or soul calibur 3 ?
Sorry? Teekken V is on working state. Or does T5 use lines primitive? Have not check.