..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ZZogl -- Zero GS KOSMOS fork
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I copied over the opengl to zerogs and it compiled along with the rest of the program. However I get this error:
"Could Not Load GS Plugin '/path/to/plugins/': /path/to/plugins/: cannot read file data: Is a directory"
Where patch/to/plugins is the proper plugin directory. I can see the other plugins but the graphics has no drop down option. Is there a naming scheme that I should match up with? I tried taking off the numbers at the end and just making it libZeroGSoglr.so but that didn't work.

It seems the fresh PCSX2 has the same settings as old other version that I had run. Where are these settings stored? I cannot find a clear answer on the forums or by googling.
I am not able to compile this on linux 32bit:

Code:
In file included from Regs.cpp:29:
zerogs.h:22: warning: ignoring #pragma warning
Regs.cpp: In function ‘void GIFPackedRegHandlerSTQ(u32*)’:
Regs.cpp:95: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
Regs.cpp:96: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
Regs.cpp:97: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
Regs.cpp: In function ‘void KICK_VERTEX3()’:
Regs.cpp:125: error: ‘ArraySize’ was not declared in this scope
Regs.cpp: In function ‘void GIFPackedRegHandlerXYZF2(u32*)’:
Regs.cpp:137: error: ‘ArraySize’ was not declared in this scope
Regs.cpp: In function ‘void GIFPackedRegHandlerXYZ2(u32*)’:
Regs.cpp:153: error: ‘ArraySize’ was not declared in this scope
Regs.cpp: In function ‘void clampWrite(int, u32*)’:
Regs.cpp:295: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
Regs.cpp: In function ‘void GIFRegHandlerRGBAQ(u32*)’:
Regs.cpp:344: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
Regs.cpp: In function ‘void GIFRegHandlerST(u32*)’:
Regs.cpp:349: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
Regs.cpp:350: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
Regs.cpp: In function ‘void tex1Write(int, u32*)’:
Regs.cpp:452: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
Regs.cpp:452: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
make[1]: *** [libZeroGSogl_a-Regs.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/airdem/svn/zzogl/opengl'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

PS: why did you put PS2Edefs.h & PS2Etypes.h in "common" directory?
i had to copy them into the "opengl" dir to start compiling
Quote:"Could Not Load GS Plugin '/path/to/plugins/': /path/to/plugins/: cannot read file data: Is a directory"
Well, hard to tell what's exactly happened, but maybe better way would be delete config file and redo pcsx2 configuration. Configuration in bin/inis directory. Maybe toy path/to/plugin have final slash(/)?

Quote:PS: why did you put PS2Edefs.h & PS2Etypes.h in "common" directory?
This is old files (they have ARRAYSIZE instead ArraySize). Newly ones could be found in ../../../common/include from Regs.cpp. After last pcsx2 plugin section rearrange such structure is common for all plugins. Idea is that ZZogl have exactly same structure that ZeroGS -- it could be replaced.

To all: look at pcsx2 structure! There is [pcsx2-trunk] directory with subdirs:

# 3rdparty
# bin
# common
# fps2bios
# pcsx2
# plugins

graphics plugins stored in plugins/[plugin-name: zerogs]/[plugin-subname: opengl]/[plugin root: GSmain.cpp and other files, etc]

Common includes (PS2Edefs.h and PS2Etypes.h) in common/include
ZZOgl R91

I haven't tested because PCSX 2 don't run on my Windows Seven for the moment
The plugins directory was fine in the config file but now I get errors on other drivers missing like libGLEW.so.1.5:

Could Not Load GS Plugin '/path/to/plugins/libZZogl.so': libGLEW.so.1.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
But I have libGLEW installed and I tried copying the libGLEW.so.1.5 file to /plugins but I get the same error message.

I found this thread:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/printthread.php?tid=2378
I did the same thing as arcum42 (which was copy the other graphics driver from the precompiled package [since now I just want pcsx2 to work)] but it didn't work. There's alot more things to do in the thread that I may try out if I can find the binaries they were referring to.

Anyway I'm going to stop here since this isn't a ZZogl problem but if you see a simple mistake I made I'd be thankful for an answer.

Here is a file that I compiled and it may be ZZogl for Linux. If it doesn't work, don't be surprised. It may also have the name ZeroGS since I followed the directions of copying opengl over the zeroGS folder (I renamed the old zeroGS folder to avoid file conflicts) http://www.sendspace.com/file/hccc64 REMEMBER: it probably doesn't work.
Well. most trivial reason for Linux troubles with openGL -- non accelerated open-source drivers. For pcsx2 proprietary butu is not avoidable.
Hello:

I'm sorry to be asking. But I'm really interested in getting the latest version of this plugin. But I follow the link and all I get is a bunch of files that I don't understand much what it is about. How can I get the latest version of this plugin? By the way I use Windows so if it's only for linux I'm sorry.

Thank you
Look at post #204. Val532 has already compiled that "bunch of files"
Thank you very much and I apologize If I offended anyone, it's just I don't understand much about compiling and such.
Hello,

I move the directory into ./pcsx2/plugins. I renamne it ZZogl. I create a folder named "include" in the folder "common" and copy the two files into it.

But I have the problem again :

Code:
In file included from Conf.cpp:25:
./../GS.h:51:22: error: PS2Edefs.h: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
./../GS.h:53: erreur: ‘u32’ does not name a type
./../GS.h:54: erreur: ‘u32’ does not name a type
./../GS.h:55: erreur: expected initializer before ‘PS2EgetLibName’
./../GS.h:67: erreur: ‘u32’ does not name a type
./../GS.h:73: erreur: expected initializer before ‘void’
./../GS.h:85: erreur: expected initializer before ‘void’