..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ZZogl -- Zero GS KOSMOS fork
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-21-2009, 10:49 PM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]what OS are you using?

Ubuntu 9.04 - Jaunty 64-Bit

My PC:

AMD Athlon 64 x2 5600+ (2.8Ghz)
Inno3D GeForce 9600 GT (1GB DDR3 @ 900Hhz)
Hanns.G HX171D @ 1280x1024@75HzLaughVI
4GB DDR2 @ 667 Mhz
Creative LIVE! 5.1 Surround
Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 Surround Speakers
Generic 500W PSU
Gigabyte GA-M61PM-S2

All at factory settings
well, as i know, pcsx2 won't work on 64 bits, and if it did in your case and the pluging still doesn't appear, then there is a dependencies problem. Check if you have everything instaled. Try to compile both pcsx and zzogl and if you can with no problem, then it must be beacause of the 64 bits.
You could also try doing the same from the ubuntu 32bit liveCD (or in a virtual machine) to see if it gives the same results.

BTW ZZOgl rev 165 for linux
Disgaea 2 still has the same problem so instead of just handing me the file could you TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD DO WITH THE FILE, telling which options in the configure settings would most likely fix the problem would be a whole lot better then "here's a new version"
Who said they were replying to you..? Also keep it cool,no one here has any obligation to help you,we are all doing this in our spare time so give them a break?

If you read the configuration guide,you would know that the screen shaking is caused by interlacing,so just press F5 until it goes away.
Now about Dis2, my version suffer no vibrating issue. This game need interlace mode 2, of course, so you need correct shaders file.
(06-22-2009, 09:53 PM)laharl2k Wrote: [ -> ]well, as i know, pcsx2 won't work on 64 bits, and if it did in your case and the pluging still doesn't appear, then there is a dependencies problem. Check if you have everything instaled. Try to compile both pcsx and zzogl and if you can with no problem, then it must be beacause of the 64 bits.
You could also try doing the same from the ubuntu 32bit liveCD (or in a virtual machine) to see if it gives the same results.

BTW ZZOgl rev 165 for linux

Hrmmm... I have tried to compile both in the past, but there are too many different scripts and I don't know which ones to run, or in what order (or even if I'm not supposed to run any scripts at all and just run a command for it) Blink The dependencies are all there, I think, but if someone can direct me to a list that would be appreciated. I'll try it in a 32-Bit VM, ty for the suggestion.
Quote:
(06-21-2009, 07:57 PM)SonicXPS2 Wrote: [ -> ]wtf theres no difference Blink Sad and look what happens
and at the top of my monitor theres a black empty space but it doesnt show on the picture
maybe something is wrong with my monitor
(06-22-2009, 12:43 AM)Zeydlitz Wrote: [ -> ]You should keep 4:3 or 16:9 aspect, otherwise you'v got black space.
well, fixed it up a bit, so i should work now Smile (fixed in original post)
[quote='Bositman' pid='58263' dateline='1245705534'
Who said they were replying to you..? Also keep it cool,no one here has any obligation to help you,we are all doing this in our spare time so give them a break?

If you read the configuration guide,you would know that the screen shaking is caused by interlacing,so just press F5 until it goes away.
[/quote]

Ok, the only reason that I said that was because every post before had someone posting a download after it, so I assumed that it was the solution, I also apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings that spends their free time to make this plugin work.

Now to explain why the configuration guide did not work was because I've tried that and all it did was go to interlace mode 0, 1, and off, and the only one that solved it(interlace mode 1) had horizontal lines left over from previous screens/images, if I do need interlace mode 2 to have the game run properly how do I get that option enabled, do I need a different video card, is there something I can download to add the option to ZZOgl, or do I need to get a different plugin for this game?

Edit: nvm i found a setting on a different plugin that works, you can delete this post if anyone wants to
@spasysheep
**** How to compile PCSX2 and ZZOgl ****
>> Make a folder in your desktop
>> Open a console and cd to it
>> Downdload both PCSX2 and ZZOgl from SVN
svn checkout http://pcsx2.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ pcsx2-read-only
svn checkout http://sanechka.spb.ru/svnroot/ruslan/zerogs/ zerogs

>> Add execution permission to the build.sh inside ./pcsx2-read-only
chmod +x ./pcsx2-read-only/build.sh

>> now compile PCSX2 (you can skip this if you just want zzogl)
cd ./pcsx2-read-only
./build.sh all

>> now compile ZZOgl
cd .. #only if your compiled pcsx2 to go back to the folder where both folders (pcsx2-read-only and zerogs ) are
cd ./pcsx2-read-only/plugins
rm -rf ./zerogs
cp -r ../../zerogs ./
cd ./zerogs
chmod +x ./build.sh
./build.sh all

>> then you're left with the plugin inside the opengl folder. and as for pcsx2, the compiled files are in pcsx2-read-only/bin
sadly that only works with a 32 bit OS - if you want to compile it using a 64 bit OS, like spraysheep does, you need a 32 bit chroot. but feel free to give a step by step explanation to that. i'd be glad to finally be able to compile my own psx2 / zzogl.