..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ZZogl -- Zero GS KOSMOS fork
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
path1 transfer always ends with the first eop, there is no more no less data. If there was no end (nloop > 0) until the end of the buffer (from addr to 0x4000), it wraps around and continues from 0. The catch is, in mtgs mode pcsx2 side is not copying there anything, so this is only true for single threaded mode where the transfer buffer is the original buffer.
any idea if it's compatible with older versions of pcsx2? i compiled it using new ps2etypes from 0.9.6 but as I'm still working on 0.9.6 i just have old svn(before vtlb even) of playground.

getting a bus error as always so before i delve into gdb full-time wanted to check if it just shouldn't work with old pcsx2.
On the other hand, getting a window and console output:

ZZogl: creating zerogs
ZZogl: Got Doublebuffered Visual!
ZZogl: glX-Version 1.2
Xlib: extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display "/tmp/launch-nFuQ2X/:0".
ZZogl: Depth 24
ZZogl: you have Direct Rendering!
ZZogl: Using multitexturing
ZZogl: Maximun texture size is 8192 for Tex_2d and 8192 for Tex_NV
ZZogl: Disabling MRT depth writing
ZZogl: Creating effects
ZZogl: Creating extra effects
ZZogl: using full shaders
ZZogl: initialization successful
ZZogl: Disabling MRT depth writing

and also any idea on "glerror before swap!" error?

P.S. Yeah, mac Smile
Well, on linux it's compatible with 0.9.4 (I sometimes check Ethernal Poison, that playable only on such old rev). I think, that this bus error COULD be a unaligned access to memory. But without knowledge what function cause it, I out of ideas.

Error before swap has following meaning: in ZZoglCRTC we check glstate before swap buffwers (we draw picture on backbuffer and swap it each frame to made a picture clear). If there error before, than CRTC part (when buffer is complete) have bug. Maybe it is interlacing issue. As you know, I change shaders file, and redone interlacing part. So my shaders could have issues on mac.

p.S. Xlib: extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display "/tmp/launch-nFuQ2X/:0" -- is this expected?
(05-25-2009, 07:37 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote: [ -> ]Well, on linux it's compatible with 0.9.4 (I sometimes check Ethernal Poison, that playable only on such old rev). I think, that this bus error COULD be a unaligned access to memory. But without knowledge what function cause it, I out of ideas.

Yes, most of the time it is, mac is very sensitive to data alignment, all gl functions expect stack to be aligned to 16 bytes before calls.

Quote:Error before swap has following meaning: in ZZoglCRTC we check glstate before swap buffwers (we draw picture on backbuffer and swap it each frame to made a picture clear). If there error before, than CRTC part (when buffer is complete) have bug. Maybe it is interlacing issue. As you know, I change shaders file, and redone interlacing part. So my shaders could have issues on mac.

Debugging it some more it actually breaks in AlphaTest() leading to error in gleLLVMLoadDataFromAryFloatInFloat

Quote:p.S. Xlib: extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display "/tmp/launch-nFuQ2X/:0" -- is this expected?
yes, it's expected
ah, ok, fixed it. Copied from my previous notes the wrong way, on mac all the EXT functions don't work so SET_STREAM should look

#define SET_STREAM() { \
glColorPointer(4, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, sizeof(VertexGPU), (void*)8); \
glSecondaryColorPointer(3, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, sizeof(VertexGPU), (void*)12); \
glTexCoordPointer(3, GL_FLOAT, sizeof(VertexGPU), (void*)16); \
glVertexPointer(4, GL_SHORT, sizeof(VertexGPU), (void*)0); \
}

like this, and originally it was

#define SET_STREAM() { \
glColorPointer(4, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, sizeof(VertexGPU), (void*)8); \
glSecondaryColorPointerEXT(4, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, sizeof(VertexGPU), (void*)12); \
glTexCoordPointer(3, GL_FLOAT, sizeof(VertexGPU), (void*)16); \
glVertexPointer(4, GL_SHORT, sizeof(VertexGPU), (void*)0); \
}

So forgot to change 4 to 3 Wink
ah, very nice, nondevbuild version now works for me and some speed improvement, still missing textures in ffx though, well, that's probably my fault mostly.

I'll post a binary for my mac users(if they still exist, lol, with all bus error problems) in my section, ok?
Could you show me FFX picture? Usual problem was in

glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_NV, 0, GL_LUMINANCE16, GPU_TEXMASKWIDTH, 1, 0, GL_LUMINANCE, GL_UNSIGNED_SHORT, &data[0]);

NV textures (that have same id that recrangle_ext) is needed here.

Yes, you could.
Can some give me the latest download link for ZZogl (windows version), and the download link for the files that will make it work, please ?
ZZOgl r161
[attachment=18933]
ZZOgl Rev.161 for linux
it's more of a general problem rather than ffx specific, e.g. kingdom hearts is one of the worst

[Image: x11screensnapz002.jpg]
[Image: w831.png]

Or FFXii

[Image: previewscreensnapz001.jpg]
[Image: w846.png]