..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ZZogl -- Zero GS KOSMOS fork
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hum ok.

So a short summary.
./common.h: based on libmpeg2 potentially gpl v2 !

others are zerofrog copyrighted. GPL or not ? Need to contact him ?
./ZeroGSShaders/zpipe.h
./ZeroGSShaders/zerogsshaders.cpp
./ZeroGSShaders/zerogsshaders.h
./ZeroGSShaders/zpipe.cpp
./zerogsmath.h
Now that I'm in the license check. I found 3 others files that does not have not a standard license.

# SGI license (2.0 is compatible GPL) but we have 1.1 here (I'm not sure)
glprocs.h
glprocs.c (not used)

# Not sure this one is compatible GPL. Actually the file is more or less useless in linux. Probably need some better separation.
memcpy_amd.cpp
glprocs is SGI code with FreeB 1.1 license. And I was planned to remove memcpy_amd, but forgot to do it. System wide memcpy is working even better.
Actually I want to be 100% sure that SGI code freeB 1.1 is compatible with GPL.

Good things for the amd stuff.

Edit I found my response, no it is not compatible. I really need to sleep Wink Here an extract of the gnu site.

SGI Free Software License B, version 2.0

The SGI Free Software License B version 2.0 is a free software license. It is essentially identical to the X11 License, with an optional alternative way of providing license notices.

Previous versions of the SGI Free Software License B were not free software licenses, despite their name. However, they all included clauses that allow you to upgrade to new versions of the license, if you choose to do so. As a result, if a piece of software was released under any version of the SGI Free License B, you can use it under the terms of this free version.

Edit2: ok fix in last revision. One more things done Smile
Actually, on the version in trunk, under Linux it currently uses the memcpy_fast version in Utilities instead of the memcpy_amd routines in the ZZOgl folder. I never got around to switching it on the Windows side, though, because I was running into problems at the time, and never got back to it.
Yes I saw. It would be an easy fix for linux. Actually I'm more worried about the status of zerofrog files.
Remember that FFX-2 bug I mentioned previously? About the screen going blue during a battle and then hanging? It's happening again on the latest svn, tried the same area on r3415 and it didn't happen.
Im having a lot of problems here
(zzogl pg svn r3446 or any pg version)
- Cannot save any settings for ZZOGL PG.I configured it and when i exit the dialog i entered it again and oh! nothing saved!
- Exiting FAIL.Doesnt matter what "X" Esc or "Shutdown" ZZOGL freezes and im forced to go to "Not responding dialog and push "End Now"

ZZogl r210 is better for me and Sonic Unleahsed (faster),PG is not
even modifyng the .ini didnt work
Just thought I might mention one of the existing issues with zzogl-pg, which is probably where the ini file issue is stemming from.

One of the things zzogl-pg does is checks the crc of the game, and looks to see if there are hacks that should be turned on for it. If there are, it enables them automatically. For Sonic Unleashed, it currently automatically turns on the alpha fail hack, and fast update. (If you look in CRC.h, there is a table there with the games and what hacks are enabled.)

One of the problems I was having with this was that the next time you went to play another game, the automatically set hacks were still on. [I kept trying to debug graphical issues, only to find out that they were because of having the Gust hack on on non-Gust games. Sad ]

To avoid this, it forgets about automatically set settings when saving. I'm still looking for a better way around that. (And I also tend to forget about the problem, because I don't use the hacks much except for specific games, and for those the current behavior works nicely.)

I'm also kind of limited to fixes that don't change the dialog box much on the Windows side for the moment, because I use Visual C++ Express on that side, and it doesn't have a gui editor. (Theoretically, I suppose I should rewrite the dialog in wxWidgets, but there are so many other things to work on in ZZOgl, and it looks more complicated to do a wxWidgets dialog from a plugin then from the main program...)

I suppose I need more of an indication that it's turning them on (and perhaps a way to disable it). For that matter, having it use a user editable file would be nice, rather then having the values in the code.

Not sure what's causing the exiting issues. I've just been using File->Exit without a problem. Though, admittedly, I don't think I've tested it with Sonic Unleashed on the windows side. I'll have to play with it more on the Windows side, since I tend to just run it long enough to make sure it opens and runs in Windows, and then go back to Linux for the bulk of my testing and changes...
mhm i actually saw that the fixes were not enabled in the dialog but they were present.Thanks Smile
Hope you can fix the exit problem.