..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ZZogl -- Zero GS KOSMOS fork
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good. Yes I tweak a little PCSX2 to better fit in a debian system. Might be a good idea to align both versions with a fallback to /usr/share/games/pcsx2/shaders in last try.
When I apply it it says can't create log file logs/GSzzogl.log

Then says I have insufficient memory or resources needed.

Do I need more than just the dll?
I don't exactly understand how to get the dll. It links me to some odd place filled with text. Am I doing this wrong?
When I try to check out the code, I get a 403 (forbidden) error. Is this supposed to happen?
Can anyone give me some instruction on how to compile ZZogl for a generic linux distro? Currently running Arch x64, and because it's a rolling release it's easy to break dependencies with a single update. I'm not unfamiliar with compiling software, I usually recompile a couple more high performance apps with custom CFLAGs for a little performance boost (it's pretty much an automated process of retriving from the SVN and editing with cmake at this point).

Any instruction would be greatly appreciated, and I would gladly show my appreciation by creating a more step by step guide (if feasible).
Main guide to build everything:
http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/wiki/Comp...deForLinux
There is also a 64 bits draft guide. And someone already create an Arch package (AUR).
Not only am I aware of this, I have been using the PKGBUILD for sometime. But that's for PCSX2, and unless I missed something, it doesn't use the latest SVN of ZZogl.
Ah ok. There is a version of zzogl-pg in PCSX2 which is more or less aligned (latest update are in a branch dev). Anyway dependencies are the same. For the zzogl version, you only need to update the autotool to add -m32 in various place. Otherwise it is the same configure,make,make install mantra.
I compiled the PCSX from SVN repository and i tried to open a DVD of Final Fantasy XII a friend lend me. This problem appeared:

(pxActionEvent) GS plugin failed to open!(thread:MTGS)(thread:EE Core)

And this says the console

Quote:(pcsx2:18406): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width -5 and height 17
ZZogl-PG: Calling GSinit.
ZZogl-PG: GSinit finished.
ZZogl-PG: Calling GSopen.
ZZogl-PG: Creating ZZOgl window.
ZZogl-PG: Got Doublebuffered Visual!
ZZogl-PG: glX-Version 1.4
ZZogl-PG: You have Direct Rendering!
ZZogl-PG: *********
ZZogl: ERROR: Need GL_EXT_framebuffer_object for multiple render targets
ZZogl: *********
ZZogl-PG: *********
ZZogl: OGL WARNING: Need GL_EXT_secondary_color
ZZogl: *********

I dont remember which graphic card i have, but it is a NVIDIA (Is there a way to know?)

I use Kubuntu 10.10 32bits
Did you install the nvidia drivers ? Use this 2 commands:
Code:
# get opengl details of your machine
glxinfo
# get video card hw
lspci | grep -i  VGA