..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ZZogl -- Zero GS KOSMOS fork
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah, that option was specific to the directx version of Zerogs. This looks like the only code that used it:

if( g_GameSettings & GAME_RELAXEDDEPTH )
SETRS(D3DRS_DEPTHBIAS, g_nDepthBias?FtoDW(0.00003f):FtoDW(0.0001f));
else
SETRS(D3DRS_DEPTHBIAS, g_nDepthBias?FtoDW(0.0003f):FtoDW(0.000015f));

And it's clearly DirectX only...

Edit: If you look at AlphaSetDepthTest in ZZoglFlush.cpp, that commented out SETRS command is where that code was previously in the DirectX version of ZeroGS...
By chance, did someone successfully setup bugle (opengl debugger) ? When pcsx2 try to open the gs plugins I have a nice freeze...

I have some strange ghost image on FFX (pal fr) see screenshot. But I have no clue how to debug that ! Note it is not related to the previous change of target size (I try the old value it did not help).

By the way, is there any global data flow of GS plugins. If I understand correctly the first step is giftransfer.
(08-13-2010, 10:40 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]By chance, did someone successfully setup bugle (opengl debugger) ? When pcsx2 try to open the gs plugins I have a nice freeze...

I have some strange ghost image on FFX (pal fr) see screenshot. But I have no clue how to debug that ! Note it is not related to the previous change of target size (I try the old value it did not help).

By the way, is there any global data flow of GS plugins. If I understand correctly the first step is giftransfer.

I haven't personally set up bugle, but then, I'm not really that knowledgeable about opengl, unfortunately.

As far as data flow, generally speaking, as I understand it, Gif Transfer gets called, and depending on what mode it's in, it passes data either to the Registers (packed or otherwise), or to memory.

The register code stores the data, occasionally mutilating it, or doing appropriate things to process it. The code for transferring memory calls in HostMemory.cpp starts calling the code in Mem.cpp, as well as the target code, and things get complicated...

There are a lot of things in there that are probably hacks covering bugs, too. The codes in better shape then it used to be, but it's got a ways to go.
Ghosting image in FFX is not a bug, but engine feature. It look cool on TV screen, but when you switch console to LCD you could notice this shadows. It's really not ghost, it's feedback image, used to made picture more deeply.
Hum, Ok. That explains why I have a similar thing to Grandia3 although less deeper.
I did more search on the blur effect. It seems GSdx have some hacks to avoid it on multiple games (not sure about FFX). Rev 826 and rev 2085. The code is mainly located in GSState.cpp

As far as I understand the code skip some drawing based on the frame and game info (function bool GSState::IsBadFrame(int& skip, int UserHacks_SkipDraw)

Could somethings similar be implemented ? Or is there some design limitation ?
It could be done, but it seems to be not right thing to do.
Can you develop a little why it is not a good solutions. Just for me to understand.

I could understand the issue if you drop too much frame, but are there others reason ?
It would be 239 strange hack for ZeroGS. And possible be the often abused.

p.S. If you plan to add this funtion into ZZogl use IsFlushNoNeed function, m_context is equial to curvb, as i see. Don't used section with " // Mimic old GSdx behavior (skipping all depth textures with a skip value of 1), to avoid floods of bug reports" by default.
how do i download this?