..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ZZogl -- Zero GS KOSMOS fork
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This part of the wiki is more or less deprecated. However not sure about the zzogl repository. I think you can directly use the main repository (http://pcsx2.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ )
My last version is 213. Afther that I stall development process and Arcum add zzogl-pg in main repository. So newest versions are located here and named zzogl-pg.
Ok! So how can I trace back the last version that worked with no glitches? I know 0.21.212 works but it segfaults on my system. How can I make svn retrieve older versions of zzogl?

Thanks in advance!
When you go to checkout the pcsx2 source from svn, if you put -r at the end, that'll tell it which version to check out, like this:
svn checkout http://pcsx2.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ pcsx2-read-only -r 3244

Or if you are in the svn directory, and you want to revert it, you can do:
svn up -r 3244

But make sure you to a clean rebuild if you do the latter.

Before you go to all that trouble, though, try this. Go to line 284 of targets.h, which looks like this:
if (/*fbp > 0x2000 && */calc < /*0x300*/0x2E0)

and change it to this:
if (/*fbp > 0x2000 && */calc < 0x300)

Recompile, and see if that takes care of it. That's the specific change Zeydlitz was talking about (and it was done in r3245, which is why I was using r3244 as an example). That change did make Grandia III's opening a lot better, though, so if that was it, we'll probably want to fiddle with other values there. (I have FF X-2, though, so now that I know there's an issue, I can look into it.)

Incidentally, in GS.h, there is now a line that says:
#define USE_OLD_REGS

If anyone uncomments that, things almost certainly will start breaking; the code that gets enabled if you do that is code I'm basically rewriting right now, and probably will be for a while. Just a warning for anyone that likes playing around with the source... (I did that yesterday, so I doubt that's causing this issue, but I thought I'd throw that out there.)
Just so you know, it isn't going to be that easy. I just tested, and that change doesn't make any difference to the FF X-2 menus. However, while the items are missing when I compile a release build, they show up on the debug build[1]. Sad

That is going to be a pain to figure out...

[1] After hacking it slightly so it doesn't assert on me. Still looking into that.
(07-06-2010, 10:38 AM)arcum42 Wrote: [ -> ]When you go to checkout the pcsx2 source from svn, if you put -r <revision number> at the end, that'll tell it which version to check out, like this:
svn checkout http://pcsx2.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ pcsx2-read-only -r 3244

That's what I do when testing pcsx2 svn but wouldn't that get old pcsx2 source code too? If so how would I know if the problem is on pcsx2 or with the plugin itself?

EDIT: There are a few more bugs up ahead like missing textures on battles, missing sound on Besaid island and even a glitch where the whole battle screen goes blue and the game hangs.
There is a trick: after getting whole code for pcsx2 made:

cd pcsx2-read-only/plugins/zzogl-pg
svn up -r some_number_here

and you made updating only zzogl-pg part of repository to desired release.
And why not just keep the same revision for core and plugins ? After a commit bot core & plugins are increases anyway. It is much more easier to find the first commit that break somethings, that either be in pcsx2 or in zzogl-pg.
I can't compile any version previous to 3290 (all sorts of errors) and the glitch is present on this version.
I could not really help -- latest (from around 2500) revisions of pcsx2 are segfaulted all the way.