..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: God of War 1 & 2 looks playable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
gow 1 pal. beta 1888
huge minotaur boss in the Challenge of Hades.
after defeating it, i suppose to go in the crank at the huge door.
but camera do not change the angle and i cant see where he is going. eventually all i can see is the black screen and the dust after his footsteps and he falls somewhere..

anyone experienced something like this?

update:
anyway, i converted savegame to ntsc version and played this part on it.
if someone cares to look into this bug here is the memsave.
(you have to beat the boss)
(03-28-2010, 11:46 AM)tohdom Wrote: [ -> ]gow 1 pal. beta 1888
huge minotaur boss in the Challenge of Hades.
after defeating it, i suppose to go in the crank at the huge door.
but camera do not change the angle and i cant see where he is going. eventually all i can see is the black screen and the dust after his footsteps and he falls somewhere..

anyone experienced something like this?

update:
anyway, i converted savegame to ntsc version and played this part on it.
if someone cares to look into this bug here is the memsave.
(you have to beat the boss)

read my previous post. i had to deal with the exact same problem. using the unofficial 0.9.7.2661 version did it for me.
the video introducing the minotuar always froze. the skip mpeg patch did the job but with the side effect that any cutscene after that gets skipped as well. but you need the cutscene after defeading the minotaur in order to let the game "create" the exit properly.
my solution (and it worked just perfectly) was using the version mentioned above. the introducing video did not freeze no more -> no need of skip mpeg -> play on.

i hope i could help

btw.: i was playing the pal version. with 0.9.7.2661 i had no problems at all during the whole rest of the game as far as stuck or freeze is concerned.
tnx. i went back to pal version, because fmvs looks nicer with it and game is noticeable smoother than NRSC with the same settings. good to hear i wont be bothered by skipMpeg patch until the end of the game.

i hope devs will release next public beta soon, because it seems to me we are experiencing bugs that was fixed months ago in current svn.
only lack of skipMPEG patches is keeping me from using unofficial builds Sad
Did anyone find the problem concerning the black screen at God of war 1.
it occurs when you get the first god power...
Can any one help m with the configuration of the PCSX2 configuration for God of War 1
What's the fix for the Dual Ghosting / Extra Glow Effects on God of War 2 ? Playing on native resolution seems to fix the problem... but is there any specific setting to fix this ?

an exact resolution ? a patch or a modified plugin which i can't find anywhere T T
btw... i don't have any problems with GoW 1....
bump ^ ^ , currently playing at native ps2 res.. with HW Antialiasing set at 8....
(02-01-2009, 12:07 AM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2-playgroun...tail?r=674

Can that changes be aplyed to PCSX 2 0.9.6 ?
(04-15-2010, 03:08 AM)strike101 Wrote: [ -> ]What's the fix for the Dual Ghosting / Extra Glow Effects on God of War 2 ? Playing on native resolution seems to fix the problem... but is there any specific setting to fix this ?

an exact resolution ? a patch or a modified plugin which i can't find anywhere T T

i am using gsdx 1076 0.1.15 (try google to look for it) with fullhd internal resolution, dx10 hw mode and tex filter checked (rest unchecked). pcsx2 version like i told earlier.

no ghost effect and no green fog. played the whole game through without any bigger problems (now taking the titan mode challange Rolleyes )