..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: God of War 1 & 2 looks playable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well sry i didnt checked all 90 pages LOL, thx for nothing then, i asked becaue some guys around here talked about playing in high resolutions, it would of helped if i would had a name of the modified plug-in, i would of find it myself, such a big support

i asked as well for a good sound plug-in, is that TOP SECRET as well? i have to contact nasa or something for suport?
We don't support hacked stuff. You should be glad there even is ANY support, given we are giving out this software for free AND supporting you for free. There is this magical thing called search in a thread, which you can use to not read 90 pages LOLZ.

If you read the configuration guide, you would already know all about the sound plugins. You probably should call nasa, since it seems you are incapable or just too plain lazy to actually find the information yourself.
i was hoping to play the game with a friend today instead of searching, thats why i registered and asked u guys for help, u dont support hacked stuff but 99.9% of you have pirated and hacked stuff into ur pcs, u know what i hate these days man? corrupted and bad people hiding behind a wannabe good person, all lies, dont bother responding anymore, im closing this tab and start searching on the internet for a solution, this forum is useless and full of right people, with original OS`s, original nero, win rar, antiviruses, yea what im doing here with such straight persons, u can shove ur 4224 posts deep into ur ass cuz ur good for nothing, u know what? GO FUK URSELF (yes u can ban me, its useless to have an account on a forum if they dont proivide help, info or at least an alternative solution)
I'm not adding anything to the thread and this is considered feeding a troll so feel free to delete this post, but, WOW. The concept of people who only use legitimate software is totally alien to him.
Just wanted to report that my GOW1 runs very smooth now Smile I can play at 60fps (ntsc) almost all the times, only when some flashy particle effect show up (eg double-hydra making that roundhouse kick in the beginning), it slows down a little bit for 3secs nothing that would be a problem.

I have a PhenomII X3 720 @3ghz, 4gb ram, Radeon 4850 1024mb, Windows 7, PCSX2 r1888beta.
I used:
-GSDX10 hardware, internal res 1280x1280, /w texture filter, no Vsync, no output merger blur.
-CPU settings: Everything enabled exept the MicroVU options, when i enable them i get little less fps in this game, dont ask why Smile +framelimiter
-Speedhacks: 1.5x Cycle rate, INTC Sync Hack, IOPx Cycle Rate, Idle Loop-Fast-Forward, are the Hacks i used.
With this hacks alone i was at about ~45 frames in normal gameplay so i started using VUcycle Stealing in middle setting (moderate) This option is the biggest speedup imho but it causes kratos to flicker just a little bit, but i played half the game through now and i dont care at all, there's so much action going on u dont have time to look at those things anyway Laugh And it helps big time staying at MAXfps(60) all the time!
-Advanced: I read that i should change CLAMP MODE from normal to none, but doing that didn't change anything for me so i left it at normal.
-Sound: SPU2-X Standart settings. Works just fine, although i noticed the music track sometimes not loops correctly and starts from beginning too often, but i didnt really care.

Until now (played half the game) I had no probs with the FMVs, cutscenes. Although after a cutscene there is significant fps loss (slows down to ~5fps) and you can solve that by going to the menu (press start/select) and back.

About Fog: First, i never encountered green fog. I noticed a white fog block which is "thicker" in Dx9 than Dx10, so when u can use Dx10!
--> There is a way to get completely rid of the Fog bank! But it isnt implemented in the current version of PCSX2/GSDX! So you have two options: 1. wait until it gets fixed. 2. take the risk and google around for modified versions of gsdx for GOW, which aren't supported in this forum and dont point your finger at me or anyone here when u burn your nasty fingers in the process! Tongue

Thats about it i guess. And damn that game is a lot of fun! Laugh
Hope my crc code will be added soon Laugh.
Offtopic:btw,there are actually people that doesnt know how to speak in a good manner even in free forums like this,and even supporting piracy,well thats not new anyway Tongue.
Hello there, I've just registered to discuss a problem, as I'm sure a lot of people have done by the past, sorry for that.

I'm trying to make work God of War 1, it's going pretty good, some FPS loss, but I don't expect it to run smoothly...

The problem I'm facing is... a net. Right after the second fight with the big snaky boss, at the beginning, Kratos can't seem to climb it.
He accept to catch it, but don't want to climb up even a little... please say you can help.

I don't know what info I could give you... I'm running it on the 0.9.6 version, on Windows Seven. Thanks !
@ jep

First of all get the latest stable beta of pcsx2,0.9.6 its an older version,also note that that part its a tricky one,you need to time up your jump very well
Thanks for the clue, didn't though I should jump, I just passed it.
If I go further and save on the "memory card", will I be able to load if
with an other version of PCSX2 ?
Auto-respond : yeah it works... but I'm stuck right after that, net climbing problem, again,
right after the first save spot. There's a box to carry at the bottom of the archers, but even a double jump
don't seem to get me up to them... any idea ? I'm sorry for the spam... didn't though it'd be so tough
to advance in the game é_è

Thanks !