..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: God of War 1 & 2 looks playable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Question, how much can you overclock an E8400 with out causing any possibility for harm to your computer ? The safest overclock ?
I consider overclocking without touching the default CPU voltage very safe.

There are 2 revisions of that CPU (called steppings).
The older C0 stepping usually overclocks to ~3.6Ghz on default voltage.
The newer E0 stepping varies a lot, but on average it should get to ~3.8Ghz on default.

With a slight voltage increase, you should get it to 4.0Ghz (C0) or 4.2Ghz (E0).
Hello,
I have a question. I play in the god of war 2 (PAL) on pcsx 9.0.7 and when I turn on the emulator the game runs without the cut scenes. I choose full boot cddvd but still no cut scenes. Is this feature unimplemented ??
Thanks in advance for your reply Smile
Cutscenes work fine here. Make sure you have Patches disabled and that you're using a retail copy of the game.
(06-03-2010, 10:47 AM)cwaniak116 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
I have a question. I play in the god of war 2 (PAL) on pcsx 9.0.7 and when I turn on the emulator the game runs without the cut scenes. I choose full boot cddvd but still no cut scenes. Is this feature unimplemented ??
Thanks in advance for your reply Smile

I think it's a ripped version of the game, which was surely made to fit in a DVD5. If it's a downloaded game, use it at your own risk... You know, piracy is not supported in this forum Laugh
If it's an original game... then I FAILED XDDDDD
hey I'm in GoW 1 at the temple of oracle where the women hangs at the line...
i'm hanging at the wall with these water weels and after the camera switched I can't move
does someone know how to fix that?
Hi everyone, i'm new to the forum and i'm deeply sorry that my first post is a request, as you can guess i am a most
humble and helpless noob who's trying to play GoW 1, and achieves that with certain success, which is a feat, for a noob such as my self.
I get it running good at 50 average fps with 60 peak fps and 30 lowest fps, no problems with speed as you can see. But during gameplay,
at a certain point (after sounding the horn to get in the temple of pandora, to be more specific) the game freezes and i don't know what
causes this, any help is aprecciated. Sound lags too when fps drops.

Before you reprehend me take note that searched for it in the forums and what i found was dead or inadequate, also my problem might
be in this thread, but it has 110 pages and i dont feel like searching for a needle in a haystack (lazy mode on,lol not really lazy)

My machine:
Intel core i7-920
6gb ram DDR3 triple channel ~1600mhz
nVidia XFX GTX 260

My config:
GSDx 890 SSE4.1 0.1.14 (DX10 Hardware, 1920x1080 59hertz, NLOOP hack and texture filtering checked)
Lilypad 0.9.9
P.E.Op.S. CDVD (CDDA Mod) 1.3.0
SPU2-x 1.1.0 (Linear interpolation, no effects processing, XAudio-2
USA v01.60(2002) Console
Default configs on CPU and Advanced
No speed hacks

P.S.: Sorry for the excessive formality and politeness, i thought it funny in the beggining,
but now it seems not, excuse me for i must now drown in regret. thank you very much.

and sorry for my english (im from brazil yay)
try the new 0.9.7 beta and look if you will have the same problem. (look for it in the main site)
A quick question if you dont mind .. is a C2D @2.8 enough to play GoW 1 ?

It's an E7400.
well i think you will have full speed probably if you play with the settings