..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: God of War 1 & 2 looks playable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-13-2009, 12:28 AM)larainzlo07 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-12-2009, 08:56 PM)Chakan Wrote: [ -> ]The patch dosen't work for me. I have NTSC ver. of the game (PCSX 956). Tried multiple times with different settings, no luck Sad . Maybe I am doing something wrong..., but the console says that patch is loaded? Maybe I should play game from a mem. card, and not from a save state? Any help is appreciated Smile ! And here is a picture where it hangs!

Did you try setting it to widescreen on the in-game settings. I was able to get past it that way.

I did pass that cinematic..., without widescreen! But I had to load game from a mem card, and not from a save state! But funny thing is the movie won't occur when I set it to widescreen... so I can walk around while he looks at the door... lol!

(04-13-2009, 04:15 AM)Wagnard Wrote: [ -> ]Must be load from the mem card

Thanks!
And cheers people!
anyone able to get past pandora's bridge in GoW1? and if so, how?
(04-13-2009, 09:21 PM)Chakan Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-12-2009, 08:56 PM)Chakan Wrote: [ -> ]The patch dosen't work for me. I have NTSC ver. of the game (PCSX 956). Tried multiple times with different settings, no luck Sad . Maybe I am doing something wrong..., but the console says that patch is loaded? Maybe I should play game from a mem. card, and not from a save state? Any help is appreciated Smile ! And here is a picture where it hangs!

Did you try setting it to widescreen on the in-game settings. I was able to get past it that way.

I did pass that cinematic..., without widescreen! But I had to load game from a mem card, and not from a save state! But funny thing is the movie won't occur when I set it to widescreen... so I can walk around while he looks at the door... lol!

Thanks!
And cheers people!

I've tried loading from save states and mem cards and neither one will get me past the Lehkesis cut scene.
(04-13-2009, 09:21 PM)Chakan Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks!
And cheers people!

go to pm and reply me and did you ripped your dvd because video in your post was downsampled and the widescreen thing (lol) Smile
Well i got past the Lahkesis cutscene by loading from the memory card, now I cant get passed the Loading screen after you beat the barbarian.
(04-14-2009, 02:04 AM)larainzlo07 Wrote: [ -> ]Well i got past the Lahkesis cutscene by loading from the memory card, now I cant get passed the Loading screen after you beat the barbarian.

Scratch that, I figured it out. I stopped using save states and just using the game saves and i havent had a problem since.
maybe it's something that doesn't get saved in the savestate (and that is needed for it not to crash Tongue)
(04-14-2009, 04:48 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]maybe it's something that doesn't get saved in the savestate (and that is needed for it not to crash Tongue)

Well my advice is to not use the save states, but it might not work for everyone.
Finally finished God of War 2 NTSC today. One of the best games ever Smile. My patch works fine for whole game except the end. There is a hang point before Zeus battle starts. My patch skips that hang point but after you finish the battle and return back to Loom chamber the game hangs (coz patch can't work for two videos at one time and there is no savepoint between the two).

It needed a different and difficult method to fix. If anyone else is stuck there and really want to see the game ending fmv (there is hardly any gameplay after zeus battle) pm me for details.

Note: I faced 4 hang points-
1. @ prometheus.
2. after killing icarus.
3. start of zeus battle.
4. after zeus battle.
(04-14-2009, 08:15 PM)prafull Wrote: [ -> ]Finally finished God of War 2 NTSC today. One of the best games ever Smile. My patch works fine for whole game except the end. There is a hang point before Zeus battle starts. My patch skips that hang point but after you finish the battle and return back to Loom chamber the game hangs (coz patch can't work for two videos at one time and there is no savepoint between the two).

It needed a different and difficult method to fix. If anyone else is stuck there and really want to see the game ending fmv (there is hardly any gameplay after zeus battle) pm me for details.

Note: I faced 4 hang points-
1. @ prometheus.
2. after killing icarus.
3. start of zeus battle.
4. after zeus battle.

Im stuck at thd steeds of time the horse keeper battle the video hangs at the end and the battle doesnt start can you help me Smile thanks