..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: God of War 1 & 2 looks playable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@ jep

as i remeber,you should move that box using it as some kind of shield againts those archers shooting you from another high plataform just ahead.and you should position that box near that net so you can climb the net without problems.by the way i also has those problems at the begining,and looking at the entire game,some jumps need a lot of practice and the right timing to get pass them,just play and play enough time,you should pass those jumps with no problem after a couple of tries.
hi i finally got my GOW2 to run pretty smoth on my computer 60-100% nice grafic speed etc Biggrin, many hours of reading and trixsing with pcsx 2.9.6,
now i got only one small or two problems with the game, first is i can not save my game it freez(waited for 30min+, was shoppingLaugh) so i use sstates to play,
but i f**ked it up and over saved or whats it called after you smash the boss with the door, when you are using your key in the second room that is locked Wacko well my point is the game is still running and i cant move him after i use the key in that room, well i tried to use the same fix i did in FFX when there is no actions, but no luck.
o well i can tell on more issue i run on is when you upgrade weapons to lv 3 i think they disappear(know some others have run in to it too, but no good answers have been said about it.

my pcsx specc is on 2.9.6

Gsdx 2019(MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.15- DX10 grayed out texture D3D 1200/1000
LilyPad svn (r1853) 0.10.0- for my lovely logitech padRolleyes
Linuz is CDVD 0.9.0
SPU2-X 1.3.0- default (got great sound in GOW2 not, dident in 1.2.0 so great workLaugh)

Speed hacks only- x2 cycle
advanced -default

PC Specc
AMD 64 x2 6000+ clocked 3.2 ghz
window 7 x86
drr3 800mhz
HD4780 800mhz GPU 1010 Mhz memory (clocked to max)

sorry for this long post!
thanks for helpLaugh
@ puttey
Get the latest gsdx or compile it yourselfe.
and how do i know what its the newest one i thought mine was? are r1846 it and i got r2019 or something;P been testing alot of deffrent ones Wacko
nwm found something intressting and thanks for the tips;P
You are welcome ^^
(11-14-2009, 03:29 PM)puttey Wrote: [ -> ]nwm found something intressting and thanks for the tips;P

what did you find?

im reading the forums/guides/tuts like mad but just cant think of a proper config to increase my fps on gow1 (going from 40fps to 60fps whole time but it just gets so choppy with 40fps -.-')

/edit

so after tweaking my config and reading until my head nearly exploded i just cant think of anything that would make it run faster.

my pc spec

cpu : q9550 @ 2,8ghz
gpu : ati radeon 4870 x2
ram : 4gb @ 800mhz

Config (latest 1888 beta build)

Graphics : GSdx 1873 (MSVC 15.00, SSE41) 0.1.15
Renderer : D3D10(Hardware)
Interlacing : None
D3D Internal res: 1280x1024
everything unchecked

CPU

everything on default except for Frame Limiting that is set to "Limit"

Speedhacks

Use x2 Cycle Rate

This leaves me with an overall fps of 40-60 with some spikes to 35-38

anyone got some hints how to get more fps out of this game? i did read ppl end up with an overall fps of 50-60+ but noone so far posted his/her config what leaves me with one thought --> pics or it didnt happen (or better a vid to see that fps the whole time)

and yes i did read (nearly) the whole thread but took a break after page 57 ...
if you have problems, just download this version editted by me for god of war
*removed* Read our rules
or in directory "inis" add the line gamefix_skipdraw=3 to gsdx.ini file

sorry by my bad english!Tongue2
So this game very hard to emulate
91 pages wow! ;-)
(11-15-2009, 03:28 AM)weird0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2009, 03:29 PM)puttey Wrote: [ -> ]nwm found something intressting and thanks for the tips;P

what did you find?

im reading the forums/guides/tuts like mad but just cant think of a proper config to increase my fps on gow1 (going from 40fps to 60fps whole time but it just gets so choppy with 40fps -.-')

/edit

so after tweaking my config and reading until my head nearly exploded i just cant think of anything that would make it run faster.

my pc spec

cpu : q9550 @ 2,8ghz
gpu : ati radeon 4870 x2
ram : 4gb @ 800mhz

Config (latest 1888 beta build)

Graphics : GSdx 1873 (MSVC 15.00, SSE41) 0.1.15
Renderer : D3D10(Hardware)
Interlacing : None
D3D Internal res: 1280x1024
everything unchecked

CPU

everything on default except for Frame Limiting that is set to "Limit"

Speedhacks

Use x2 Cycle Rate

This leaves me with an overall fps of 40-60 with some spikes to 35-38

anyone got some hints how to get more fps out of this game? i did read ppl end up with an overall fps of 50-60+ but noone so far posted his/her config what leaves me with one thought --> pics or it didnt happen (or better a vid to see that fps the whole time)

and yes i did read (nearly) the whole thread but took a break after page 57 ...

tried the version that leo x liked, pretty good got 50 fps and 98-100% speed but with some graphic flinches tested too after u defeat the first boss. thnx leo x;P

but u should not give out bios in it.

[Image: gow2o.th.jpg]