..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do you want to try implementing tap behavior? The hard part is keeping latency down when you perform jitter compensation. Could you try building my branch and breaking it in the debugger when you're in the "hard lock" state? I can't reproduce that so far.
@electrobrains: how does the log feature work? just run the tool from the command prompt?
(01-22-2014, 05:34 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]New version works way better than 1.2. Stopping/Starting in exclusive mode seems to be working now. Turning off controller though while tool running caused it to hang the tool.
I think ultimately its better to come to one input standard:
One finger tap on touchpad = Left Click
Two finger tap on touchpad = Right Click
Two finger up/down = scroll
any other button should be modified keys if needed

Hardware is there to do 2 finger tracking, also there is a touch count for each finger

Great suggestions! I had to think about the implications for a minute before it was clear how great they are though. one finger tap, vs simultaneous two finger tap, vs, placing two fingers on the pad and leaving them there to slide up or down... LOVE IT!
More of a off-topic question to the tech savvy guys here:

Do you know of a way to not have the DS4 show up as a controller in Windows 8.1?
Dark Souls has the strange issue for me to always choose the wrong controller (even with an original Xbox controller that problem showed up). Earlier the fix to that was to just delete all HID-Compliant Gamecontrollers from Device manager and it would work.
But since you seem to have changed the way the XInput-Device is hooked in I can't do that anymore, as it stops working after that.
So, does anyone know a way to force Dark Souls to use a specific Controller?
(01-22-2014, 06:22 PM)headegg Wrote: [ -> ]More of a off-topic question to the tech savvy guys here:

Do you know of a way to not have the DS4 show up as a controller in Windows 8.1?
Dark Souls has the strange issue for me to always choose the wrong controller (even with an original Xbox controller that problem showed up). Earlier the fix to that was to just delete all HID-Compliant Gamecontrollers from Device manager and it would work.
But since you seem to have changed the way the XInput-Device is hooked in I can't do that anymore, as it stops working after that.
So, does anyone know a way to force Dark Souls to use a specific Controller?

if you trying to use 1.2.1 version by electrobrains then turn on exclusive mode checkbox. That should hide DS4 controller and leave only x360. If you have multiple x360 controllers then i am not sure. Mabe game has some mechanism to choose it on options
(01-22-2014, 06:14 PM)steakandcheese Wrote: [ -> ]@electrobrains: how does the log feature work? just run the tool from the command prompt?

I would make an ScpServer.bat, the only difference between starting a Windows program with output on the console, and output to a file, is suffixing the program execution with a greater than sign and then the filename.
@Electrobrains i believe that freeze with controller turned off while scp is running happens only in cases when its in the middle of the read or write. Thats one of the reasons why i had timeouts for both.
(01-22-2014, 04:42 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: [ -> ]@felixlighter: it is possible to have 2 dongles on Win 8.1. On my HTPC I have Win 8.1, 1 dongle dedicated to DS3/DS4 use, 1 dongle for BTH Keyboard/Mouse/iPhone use.

The Win 8.1 update is really more of a fresh install than a service pack style update, so you lose a lot of your device driver database. It just takes a bit of messing about in Device Manager to get everything working properly again.

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it another try. So far, if I plug in both BT dongles, Windows 8.1 recognizes both but one is always automatically disabled in Device Manager.
(01-22-2014, 06:53 PM)felixlighter Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply. I'll give it another try. So far, if I plug in both BT dongles, Windows 8.1 recognizes both but one is always automatically disabled in Device Manager.

Do this: Plugin only 1 dongle first, install ds3 driver for it
then plugin 2nd dongle and it should be working as default bt device
(01-22-2014, 06:57 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Do this: Plugin only 1 dongle first, install ds3 driver for it
then plugin 2nd dongle and it should be working as default bt device

I'll try that. Come to think of it, I believe that is how I installed the driver on Windows 7.