..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed that after we stop the wrapper, the controller remains in limbo until it is deactivated. If on USB this means unplugging it, if on Bluetooth this means powering the controller down completely. Do you think it'll be possible to allow the controller to revert to an almost default like state after disabling the wrapper InhexSTER? The USB side of things is no problem but for Bluetooth that 10 second button hold is kind of a pain Tongue

I need it to revert to the default mode for some games that don't support Xinput and prefer the way the controller functions with the generic Wireless Controller driver. Namely the triggers having unique axis/button makes it nice for old games that don't have a need for analog triggers.

Just throwing it out there as something you might be able to jot on the to do list for a future future future update Smile thanks again man.

PS - this is kinda offtopic, but I have gone through 3 freaking Dualshock 4's trying to get a perfect one. I have given in and accepted that this 3rd one is as good as it's gonna get. First one had raised paint stripes on the 4 buttons, which I believe will lead to wearing away of the button logos in a very short time period. The second one had a damn near faulty L2 trigger. It required squeezing the thing down like 1/3 of the full stroke before it finally registered as being utilized. For games like GTA where I need to hold both triggers at equal points to perform certain actions, this was a major pain in the ass. This second controller also had a flakey touchpad. Tapping it felt loose, like it wasn't built properly and was sliding all over the place. So I traded that one in again for this third one. Now on this one all the triggers and what not are good, buttons are smooth, but the freaking grip is popping out obnoxiously. Everything else is fine so I'm just going to deal with it but my god what is with the quality control on these things? 3/3 all have some form of a QC problem. That's terrible Sad just frustrated and wondering if anyone else has had some issues with their DS4.
Will 1.3 or 2.0 have custom mapping?
Hey guys sorry if this is a stupid question but since Inhexster has said that he wants it to be as simple a program as possible with little resource use(which is what I want as well), is it not possible to just make a driver(like a .inf file) for the DS4 that makes it output xinput or make windows read the inputs from the DS4 as xinputs?
yo InhexSTER do you need anything that would greatly help your development on this? also i bought a DS4 because of this exited to use it haha
(02-08-2014, 12:33 PM)evoandroidevo Wrote: [ -> ]yo InhexSTER do you need anything that would greatly help your development on this? also i bought a DS4 because of this exited to use it haha

HI guys Windows 7 64 bit here,

tool working great when wired, on BT the first time I tried it it worked great I tried it on dolphin and project 64 was working ok however now whenever I try to connect it lags then drops after a minute via BT. I have to remove the wireless device then repair then it still drops:/. dongle is branded promate detected as cambridge silicon chip I manually installed their generic driver its bluetooth 4.0 with EDR . any suggestions? many thanks Smile
(02-08-2014, 06:54 AM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed that after we stop the wrapper, the controller remains in limbo until it is deactivated. If on USB this means unplugging it, if on Bluetooth this means powering the controller down completely. Do you think it'll be possible to allow the controller to revert to an almost default like state after disabling the wrapper InhexSTER? The USB side of things is no problem but for Bluetooth that 10 second button hold is kind of a pain Tongue

I need it to revert to the default mode for some games that don't support Xinput and prefer the way the controller functions with the generic Wireless Controller driver. Namely the triggers having unique axis/button makes it nice for old games that don't have a need for analog triggers.

Just throwing it out there as something you might be able to jot on the to do list for a future future future update Smile thanks again man.

PS - this is kinda offtopic, but I have gone through 3 freaking Dualshock 4's trying to get a perfect one. I have given in and accepted that this 3rd one is as good as it's gonna get. First one had raised paint stripes on the 4 buttons, which I believe will lead to wearing away of the button logos in a very short time period. The second one had a damn near faulty L2 trigger. It required squeezing the thing down like 1/3 of the full stroke before it finally registered as being utilized. For games like GTA where I need to hold both triggers at equal points to perform certain actions, this was a major pain in the ass. This second controller also had a flakey touchpad. Tapping it felt loose, like it wasn't built properly and was sliding all over the place. So I traded that one in again for this third one. Now on this one all the triggers and what not are good, buttons are smooth, but the freaking grip is popping out obnoxiously. Everything else is fine so I'm just going to deal with it but my god what is with the quality control on these things? 3/3 all have some form of a QC problem. That's terrible Sad just frustrated and wondering if anyone else has had some issues with their DS4.

Yep, my first DS4 had a creaky shell and thumb-pad rubber that was wearing off, and I returned it for one with much better build quality.

(02-08-2014, 12:33 PM)evoandroidevo Wrote: [ -> ]yo InhexSTER do you need anything that would greatly help your development on this? also i bought a DS4 because of this exited to use it haha
Donate us Bluetooth adapters so we can get all the different kinds working...

(02-08-2014, 07:40 AM)maguss Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys sorry if this is a stupid question but since Inhexster has said that he wants it to be as simple a program as possible with little resource use(which is what I want as well), is it not possible to just make a driver(like a .inf file) for the DS4 that makes it output xinput or make windows read the inputs from the DS4 as xinputs?

It's much harder to develop purely-kernel drivers than user-mode-hybrid drivers. Bugs that would crash DS4-Tool would crash your entire computer.

(02-08-2014, 07:20 AM)frostyfang Wrote: [ -> ]Will 1.3 or 2.0 have custom mapping?

Yes, 2.0 will, 1.3 will not.
Hello,

I tried DS4tool, first version, a while ago and the xbox 360 driver installation failed. Since then whenever I try to run ScpTool, any version, it crashes my PC. Is their a solution to my problem?

The last version I used is 1.1Final and my OS in Windows 7 64bit. All VC and DX binaries up to date. Xbox360ce method works for most games
Thanks for the work. Please add head headphone jack support. That would be awesome.
(02-08-2014, 04:03 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]MyxeQ Wrote:
"Playing Dark Souls PC:

With "Hide DS4 Controller" unchecked I only get the Guide button to work (Brings up the GFWL menu).

With "Hide DS4 Controller" checked I get the dpad to work and the buttons work but the are weirdly mapped: square is correct, Triangle and X are swapped, O is correct. R1/R2/L1/L2 are correct. movement using L-Stick is correct, but the camera is stuck rotating clockwise.

Any thoughts?"

Post the details of the Bluetooth adapter, its drivers, and the version of Windows you are using, please.

I was using the Micro USB cable.
Hey hepticseptic, I've been using your version and I love it, it's my favorite version, but there's just one thing: InhexSTER's version, you can open Steam Big Picture mode by holding the PS button and in your version, that seems to have been removed. I was wondering if you could put that back in, I loved that.

Edit: I don't know what was happening, but it works now. sorry.

Edit 2: one more thing. Double-clicking is very hard, the two clicks need to be so immediately after one another and it's very challenging.just make it so the clicks can be further apart.