..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just signed up for this forum for the soul purpose of Thanking you. You've done a really great job here and this wrapper has been a lifesaver. I love the led/rumble control. I can't wait for full Bluetooth support! Keep it up and again, great job man.
New Beta 2 is available
If I was your dad I would say, I'm proud of you son.
Hey,

As a lot of people did, I specifically registered to thank you.
However I also have to report a bug with beta1 update 2, and also beta 2.

This involves Teamspeak 3 client. Server isn't an issue.
There seem to be a conflict between the two applications ; ScpServer and TS3 client.

When TS3 client is already running, I get the following error message in the DS4 tool :
Code:
Found device : VID:0x054C PID:0x05C4
Could not open the device for exclusive access
Try to quit any application that can be using the controller
Then press Stop and Start to try accessing device again

If the DS4 tool has been launched prior to TS3 client, my computer hang for a few seconds, then gets back to normal. However, game making use of the device ( like Assassin's creed 4 ) will just drop to something like... 0,1 fps and become completely unplayable, making the computer unresponsive once again.

It was working perfectly fine with the legacy version not supporting rumble and led.
I have no idea what to provide to help solve the issue, as I reckon TS probably won't be the only affected third party app...

Thanks anyway for your hard work and dedication !
(12-05-2013, 04:21 PM)wolrajh Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,

As a lot of people did, I specifically registered to thank you.
However I also have to report a bug with beta1 update 2, and also beta 2.

This involves Teamspeak 3 client. Server isn't an issue.
There seem to be a conflict between the two applications ; ScpServer and TS3 client.

When TS3 client is already running, I get the following error message in the DS4 tool :
Code:
Found device : VID:0x054C PID:0x05C4
Could not open the device for exclusive access
Try to quit any application that can be using the controller
Then press Stop and Start to try accessing device again

If the DS4 tool has been launched prior to TS3 client, my computer hang for a few seconds, then gets back to normal. However, game making use of the device ( like Assassin's creed 4 ) will just drop to something like... 0,1 fps and become completely unplayable, making the computer unresponsive once again.

It was working perfectly fine with the legacy version not supporting rumble and led.
I have no idea what to provide to help solve the issue, as I reckon TS probably won't be the only affected third party app...

Thanks anyway for your hard work and dedication !

I Had this same issue this is how to fix, on TS3 go to settings/options/hotkeys at the bottom right you should see a drop down box That says Default change it to keyboard & mouse only and thats it
(12-05-2013, 04:26 PM)Burr Wrote: [ -> ]I Had this same issue this is how to fix, on TS3 go to settings/options/hotkeys at the bottom right you should see a drop down box That says Default change it to keyboard & mouse only and thats it

Life savior. I knew asking instead of meddling with those buttons would just be better! Thanks very much !
awesome work dude! =) the only thing im missing --> autostart the app with windows and identification of the DS4.
I mean at the moment we must start the SCPServer first. it would be perfect if we could start the scpserver with windows and then the controller if we want to play a game Laugh
(12-04-2013, 08:55 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]At this point i haven't considered taking donations, plus since without Scarlet.Crush source code for DS3 SCP it wouldn't be possible to make the tool so quick.

If you ever consider donations count me in as one of the very first to throw some money into your direction.
Hello,
I also am registered to thank you.
It's really a great job!

I have a question,
Think you can operate the touchpad and the gyroscope in the future?

Thank you
I expect the updates with impatience.

Sorry for English in the google translator
Like many other people here I'm registering to say Thank You so much for making this tool! Laugh
I am however encountering 1 issue. After I start up the ScpServer.exe and made sure everything is working, whenever I try to open a game that uses the controller (BF3 in my case), the whole computer (including the cursor) just freezes for about half a minute, then when it's done, the game is in the task bar, if I press it and try to open it, the whole computer just freezes again for about a minute. When everything is back to normal the game just closes itself. If I try to start it up again the same things happen. I have tested every single version of your tool and it happens with everyone of them.
I have however found a way around it, I start up the tool, make sure the controller works (blue light and it shows up in list), then I stop and close the tool, the blue light on the controller is still on and it works with XInput. I don't seem to have noticed any rumble so far though, but it still works like a dream. (it also doesn't show up as an XBOX 360 controller in devices, just wireless controller, but it still works and is recognized as an XBOX 360 controller)
and yes I have downloaded the XBOX 360 controller drivers from Microsoft.

System specs if you need them:
Acer Aspire V3-771G
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit
DirectX 11, official MS XBOX 360 controller software and I'm pretty sure I have .NET 4 and everything else it might need.
NVIDIA GeForce GT640M (2GB graphic memory) with driver update 331.82
Intel i7-3610QM @2.3 GHz (TurboBoost up to 3.3)
8GB RAM