..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-28-2014, 01:39 PM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]Quick question, is there currently any way to have the joysticks simulate mouse movement for shooters and games like that? I've got Xpadder, so it's no big deal, but I'm just curious as far as exactly what the mapping functionality is capable of.

I'm on Windows 7 64-bit, and I've never had this problem (I just tested it). That's really, really weird.

Mapping the joysticks to mouse movement would require a dedicated section of code to be added in for that logic. Mouse movement is not currently one of the functions that custom mapping can set (you can only set L/R/M Click, XInput, and keystrokes). What might work though is using 'Mouse Keys' (search that in the Control Panel) then assigning the joystick's axes to the keystrokes you would use to move the mouse (the numpad keys).
(02-28-2014, 01:54 PM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]Do you still experience the issue when using an older revision, of if you're using BT, instead using USB? Its quite odd that something specific to your setup would cause you to have this problem.

At first I had an older update but when the problems started I got the newest one. I found that even though the problems where still there, they were less frequent. I am using the usb cable that I got with the ps4.

Worth pointing out that Im not that experienced with pc, so there could be some simple thing that Ive missed.
(02-28-2014, 02:03 PM)Gabriel_lu Wrote: [ -> ]At first I had an older update but when the problems started I got the newest one. I found that even though the problems where still there, they were less frequent. I am using the usb cable that I got with the ps4.

Worth pointing out that Im not that experienced with pc, so there could be some simple thing that Ive missed.

Have you tried disabling the 'Flush' option to see if that makes any difference?
(02-28-2014, 02:41 PM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried disabling the 'Flush' option to see if that makes any difference?

You know what, I think that did it!

Thanks a lot

Edit: Nope the problem is still there. At first it semmed like it was working but after i restarted the progam the isssue was still there
I upgraded to the latest and the turn off button is great! Thanks for that!

The program seems to suck upp all of my processor some times. My poor laptop sounds like it's getting overheated, whatever game I'm trying to run (it doesn't do this without the controller). Any idea what that could be?

I'm running windows 7 and the DS4 through bluetooth.

Thanks for a great program
(02-28-2014, 02:44 PM)Gabriel_lu Wrote: [ -> ]You know what, I think that did it!

Thanks a lot

Edit: Nope the problem is still there. At first it semmed like it was working but after i restarted the progam the isssue was still there

After restarting the wrapper or the game? If there was no lag before restarting the wrapper (and the flush option is still disabled) then it is more likely something which only happens sometimes - for example due to the Hot Plugging. Have you tried the earliest versions as well? Ones which do not have some features, as that can help us determine what is causing slow downs for you.
(02-28-2014, 02:49 PM)Olof Wrote: [ -> ]The program seems to suck upp all of my processor some times. My poor laptop sounds like it's getting overheated, whatever game I'm trying to run (it doesn't do this without the controller). Any idea what that could be?

Sounds like this may be related. Has this only started recently or can you confirm that it still happens on older versions (with less functionality)?
(02-28-2014, 02:58 PM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]After restarting the wrapper or the game? If there was no lag before restarting the wrapper (and the flush option is still disabled) then it is more likely something which only happens sometimes - for example due to the Hot Plugging. Have you tried the earliest versions as well? Ones which do not have some features, as that can help us determine what is causing slow downs for you.

After restarting the wrapper. I didn't even start the game I just went into the configuration and moved the stick back and forth. I can do that without problem for like 5 seconds and then it lags for a short moment and then i can continue for like 10 seconds untill it lags again. When i do open the game this translates into having a character that sometimes continues to move after i've released the controller or having the character do an 180 or 360 spin. Well now I hav to go to work but I'll try downlading older updates when i get back.
Thanks again for the help!
(02-28-2014, 03:03 PM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like this may be related. Has this only started recently or can you confirm that it still happens on older versions (with less functionality)?
It seems to be doing the same with the previos version, I tried one and computer kept (over)heating far long after I shut down steam but as soon as I killed scpserver.exe it all went silent.

Sorry I don't have time doing a real diagnose, maybe someone else has similar problem that can help.
How can i use the GYRO/ACELEROMETER as input for my games?