..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
sorry it took so long

[Image: 10h4lj9.png]

[Image: 2a7v6lv.png]
(03-16-2014, 12:50 AM)Pro_info Wrote: [ -> ]I do not quite understand the "trigger threshold" option, is it an option to set a dead zone of trigger?

First, there is a physical dead zone on the triggers. You have to pull it down a good portion of the way before it goes from the value 0 to the value 1 out of a maximum of 255. Now, the way most games appear to operate is they literally remap the analog trigger from 0-127 as "released" and 128-255 as "held." So if you change the linear remapping of the triggers from something other than 0.5, then the virtual new dead zone trigger point will be somewhere other than 127-128. There are certainly other trigger algorithms for games, but I haven't seen them, so this option should work well for what is probably a majority.

For what it's worth, I can set the options on my controller to trigger at 0.05 and get faster response and there is still never a false positive from resting my fingers on the triggers because the physical dead zone is huge. Physical dead zones tend to not feel very good in my opinion. Software can do it much better by being configurable. Look at the XBox 360 controller's thumbpads -- enormous dead zone. That's why you have to reconfigure their stick sensitivity for them to be usable with the DS4!
Whenever I try to install the driver in the bus driver folder, a loading symbol pops up near my mouse but nothing ever comes up and it doesn't install. Same with ScpServer.Exe. I already correctly connected my controller to my PC, and downloaded the Xbox 360 controller driver just incase, but still nothing. Any fixes?
(03-16-2014, 02:58 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]First, there is a physical dead zone on the triggers. You have to pull it down a good portion of the way before it goes from the value 0 to the value 1 out of a maximum of 255. Now, the way most games appear to operate is they literally remap the analog trigger from 0-127 as "released" and 128-255 as "held." So if you change the linear remapping of the triggers from something other than 0.5, then the virtual new dead zone trigger point will be somewhere other than 127-128. There are certainly other trigger algorithms for games, but I haven't seen them, so this option should work well for what is probably a majority.

For what it's worth, I can set the options on my controller to trigger at 0.05 and get faster response and there is still never a false positive from resting my fingers on the triggers because the physical dead zone is huge. Physical dead zones tend to not feel very good in my opinion. Software can do it much better by being configurable. Look at the XBox 360 controller's thumbpads -- enormous dead zone. That's why you have to reconfigure their stick sensitivity for them to be usable with the DS4!

I know this is going to sound incredibly anecdotal, but I went through no less than 7 Dualshock 4's before landing on one that had the least amount of problems. One of those problems was extreme trigger deadzone. The controller I currently have has none. The slightest hairtrigger squeeze will show up in any game or the control panel. many of the controllers I tried before it, I would have to squeeze at least a third of the way down the full range before it registered.

If your controller does this, you have a defective controller. It's just that a ***** load of DS4's are defective in one way or another.
(03-16-2014, 06:31 AM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: [ -> ]I know this is going to sound incredibly anecdotal, but I went through no less than 7 Dualshock 4's before landing on one that had the least amount of problems. One of those problems was extreme trigger deadzone. The controller I currently have has none. The slightest hairtrigger squeeze will show up in any game or the control panel. many of the controllers I tried before it, I would have to squeeze at least a third of the way down the full range before it registered.

If your controller does this, you have a defective controller. It's just that a ***** load of DS4's are defective in one way or another.

Geez >< Thank you for the heads-up, then! We really need to do a DS4 quality survey if we have this much critical mass, community attention. I returned the first DS4 because it had a creaky body. Good thing I kept the GameStop packaging, because knowing that you're telling me this makes me want to go trade mine in for a yet-hopefully-newer DS4. Build quality has gone to crap. Sounds like they have a faulty sensor installation machine on the assembly line for the triggers. I'm half-tempted to tear down the controller and go at it with a multimeter.

BTW what were the other problems you discovered? My first controller had a creaky body but the thing that made me actually return it was the thumbpad plastic wearing off within the first month.
(03-16-2014, 06:31 AM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: [ -> ]If your controller does this, you have a defective controller. It's just that a ***** load of DS4's are defective in one way or another.

It's true, the first batch of DS4s were pretty messed up. They should be fixed for the most part now, though.
whenever i start the program my computer freezes after 30 sec even the mouse cursor freezing and then i just have to turn my computer off. anyone knows why this happens??
(03-16-2014, 10:52 AM)Fiskekake Wrote: [ -> ]whenever i start the program my computer freezes after 30 sec even the mouse cursor freezing and then i just have to turn my computer off. anyone knows why this happens??

Been there http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XI...#pid360863
The tool works very well in USB mode. The DS4 is a far better controller then my old 360 controller. I have been trying to use the tool with bluetooth with mixed results. At times the connection is intermittent other times there is a lot of lag. As I typically play from my couch, USB mode is not ideal.

Windows 8.1pro
DS4 tool 1.2.2
I'm using a Rocketfish RF-MRBTAD with the latest drivers on a USB 3.0 port. Hide DS4 is not checked.
(03-16-2014, 01:42 PM)Elwood Wrote: [ -> ]The tool works very well in USB mode. The DS4 is a far better controller then my old 360 controller. I have been trying to use the tool with bluetooth with mixed results. At times the connection is intermittent other times there is a lot of lag. As I typically play from my couch, USB mode is not ideal.

Windows 8.1pro
DS4 tool 1.2.2
I'm using a Rocketfish RF-MRBTAD with the latest drivers on a USB 3.0 port. Hide DS4 is not checked.

Thank you for reporting back with results of your testing! Is your Bluetooth dongle in plain sight or hidden from view? The DS4 controllers don't always seem to have the best range and it can make a very dramatic difference relocating your Bluetooth controller until signal to noise ratio is decent. We can probably build in a way of testing signal to noise ratio if we reverse engineer the rest of the DS4 protocol; we just need to find some way to know HID output reports were received.