..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks. That helped. Though it seems for now I have to switch the box on and off depending on what games I play. Mostly because some of them have the dual-input for no reason. Otherwise, I noticed on Borderlands 2 I get a crash error when I try to play with the DS4 when I try to continue a game and get into the main game itself.
Honestly, I think 1.2.1 is pretty close to perfect; I just want to see rumble working in USB mode again. I can't even imagine how something so excellent can get even better. :-D
(01-25-2014, 07:36 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]So here is what we have for 1.3:
We are going to carefully go through our code and find as many bugs/performance issue we can fix.
We are going to have basic touchpad support with few modes. More or less what 1.2.1 has
So we will have to verify a fix for dual input on both UBS and BT as well as how it behaves on different Windows version.
We will try incorporate the fix inside the tool, so disabling "Wireless Controller" would be automatically done while tool is running, so no need for "Hide DS4 Controller button"
Will try to enabled Toshiba dongles support if we can get the tech, or at least dedicated testers.
Hopefully released in 1-2 weeks.

For 2.0:
We have completely new architecture in mind.
It will allow modularity for functional elements, such as a touchpad and led control will be different *.dll files and will be able to compile independently from the tool.
We will have separate API to talk to the controller, so developers of games or console emulators can have native access to the controller function without needing xinput/directinput. This includes all the input data from the controller.
I will be looking in audio support, i have some ideas in mind.
Possibly ability to create your own behaviour for touchpad or lightbar by adding scripting language support
Allowing button mapping and configuration of the tool through the xml file, hopefully with GUI editor for it as well
We discussed tons of touchpad/controller features that can be cool to add, but since 2.0 is going to take some time we will discuss them later.
We discussed a lot of architectural stuff behind the code, and we will take some time investigate which approach will be the best.

It sounds awesome! Can't wait for the next versions!
I think that worked, thanks.

Looking forward to the future versions, especially the modular configurable aspects. Scripting for the trackpad would be great!

(01-25-2014, 07:38 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Try disabling the "Wireless Controller" device as I just described, while using Shared mode, and see how things work?
This thread made me want to buy DS4. Good work Smile My current controller (Logitech Chillstream) is falling apart after six years of use, I think it's time for an update. Biggrin
I have a few questions: Is there anything that works with bluetooth connection but doesn't with wired or vise versa? Is there any input lag with BT connection? Will 2.1 BT dongle with max 3mbps connect speed be ok?
Thanks in advance.
I use a Bluetooth 2.0, not even 2.1+EDR, dongle and everything that we currently know how to operate works just fine. The main reason we're espousing use of a more modern dongle is that apparently some of them work from much greater range than old Bluetooth 2 or 3 devices. Input latency is going to exist over any interface but over Bluetooth we are going to get 60-100 reports per second, and you're just not going to notice, say, ~20ms. USB might be slightly lower latency but you'd kinda need superhuman reflexes to quantify it (or robotic assistance to do the testing.)
Preview of what i come up until now with the interface

[Image: UNWKItql.jpg]

(Don't mind the icons, i did it in 5 minute just to post the screen)

The program is just a proof of concept and share the same style of the Metro app but it's just a simple desktop application.
The idea is that the configuration should be per user and per controller (it's possible to recognize a single controller with some sort of id? Like if i add my controller it load my config, if i add marc's controller it load marc's config?), under Controllers we have the entire list of device connected, clicking on the arrow open the controller option (moving all the other controllers down, i'm working on it atm) where we can set the key mapping, enabling/disabling touchpad, led and so on, Logs contains all the message received and invoiced to the service and Options should contains the general options like screen color, localization, autostartup and similar.

Hope you like it Laugh
(01-25-2014, 09:25 AM)BravoGangUS Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to make the touchpad click into a recognizable button? I was thinking of using it for Push-to-Talk but since it doesn't get recognized as a button I can't use it with something like JoyToKey.

This should be really easy to do once we get the button mapping functionality. I really like your idea for using it as a push to talk!
Was just wanting to report a small bug.

If you have ScpServer open and you're watching something on VLC, the mouse cursor will not disappear. Every other video player seems fine. Just seems to be VLC.
Who still uses VLC?

MPCHC is the standard for any media on PC.