..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-10-2014, 09:00 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]I Iam 100% sure that Asus BT-211 works with it. Your's is Toshiba stack dongle it seems.

Thanks! Ordered.

You're awesome!
(03-10-2014, 05:16 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]As promised, I finally got a physical-mouse-button mode into what is more-or-less the mainline. I like physical buttons for the mouse because it feels natural -- when I use a touchpad, I don't really do the "tap" thing. I have a touchpad/keyboard combo with a physical click much like the DS4's touchpad. This is largely the same as the 1.3RC1 InhexSTER posted but I have changed around how touchpad modes work, and removed a possible source of periodic latency from the fastpath for normal input (mouse input is not a fastpath, for what it's worth.)

This build is fantastic. I missed the physical buttons. Laugh

One issue (?) with it, though: I noticed that now, the DS4 motion control isn't recognized anymore (the deceleration bars just stay still). I don't really think the motion would be used in XInput mode for much anyway, but it's worth mentioning.
Great program, but I am having some trouble with my analog sticks. If I map a keyboard key or mouse movement to one of the sticks (it seems to be worse with the right stick than the left) I get erroneous inputs when the stick should be in its neutral position.

Any chance of adding a slider that won't 'activate' the stick's movement until it has passed a certain point, say 30% or 50%?

I am using version 1.2.2 of the DS4 wrapper, with windows 7.
So recently When I plug in the controller and use the DS4 Tool it has 2 controllers show up, both are the ps4 controller but under different names.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3gqseauq8b5wcg...ollers.png
If I try to play a game it only accepts input from the bottom one Which is bound wrong (Pause is on the right trigger) And can only play games that let me choose the controller to accept input (And some Xinput only games Like Deus Ex HR and the walking dead.)
(03-10-2014, 10:57 PM)JonFM Wrote: [ -> ]So recently When I plug in the controller and use the DS4 Tool it has 2 controllers show up, both are the ps4 controller but under different names.

Is the wrapper maybe opened twice? Otherwise did you plug it in while the BT was still on?
(03-10-2014, 10:07 PM)zappadappa Wrote: [ -> ]Great program, but I am having some trouble with my analog sticks. If I map a keyboard key or mouse movement to one of the sticks (it seems to be worse with the right stick than the left) I get erroneous inputs when the stick should be in its neutral position.

Any chance of adding a slider that won't 'activate' the stick's movement until it has passed a certain point, say 30% or 50%?

I am using version 1.2.2 of the DS4 wrapper, with windows 7.

On 1.2.2 I just tried mapping Right Stick to up, down, left, right. It already only activates after a certain point and doesn't give me any erroneous input. Perhaps its your controller? Regardless it is something I suppose is worth adding, perhaps linking it to Arthritis Offsets.
(03-10-2014, 09:27 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding a continuous drag, i think best solution is to take into account 2nd finger. So if its put down you can have 1 finger down indicating a hold (mouse down) and 2nd finger to move and object around, so as long as you don't lift 1st finger you can keep moving object with 2nd finger

That sounds good. We don't need to treat touch1 versus touch2 any differently, any motion either contributes should work fine. You should put that bit of code in a common place so both Mouse (could we rename this TapMouse?) and ButtonMouse can call it, both would need it for big enough drag-and-drops.
(03-11-2014, 12:29 AM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]On 1.2.2 I just tried mapping Right Stick to up, down, left, right. It already only activates after a certain point and doesn't give me any erroneous input. Perhaps its your controller? Regardless it is something I suppose is worth adding, perhaps linking it to Arthritis Offsets.

That reminds me that I want to add two new features for triggers: haptic feedback to indicate you hit the midpoint, and an optional "lock"/toggle mode (like Windows Sticky Keys) that should help a LOT in games like Assassin's Creed where you often just want to hold Run the entire time. Just default to toggling at 255 and use the natural haptic feedback of the physical trigger sensor bottoming out. I would also add an option of requiring a double tap instead.
(03-11-2014, 12:19 AM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]Is the wrapper maybe opened twice? Otherwise did you plug it in while the BT was still on?
No it only opened once, and my Bluetooth is off (and it was doing this when my Bluethooth was unplugged and it still did this)
(03-11-2014, 12:29 AM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]On 1.2.2 I just tried mapping Right Stick to up, down, left, right. It already only activates after a certain point and doesn't give me any erroneous input. Perhaps its your controller? Regardless it is something I suppose is worth adding, perhaps linking it to Arthritis Offsets.

Thanks. I did try with a second controller and still had the same issues. Tried to play Dragon age origins when I noticed it, then just tried it in notepad with keys assigned. 2nd controller I only tried in game. The controller works great when it's just emulating the xbox 360 though.