..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-05-2014, 03:12 AM)raptor1138 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this amazing software, I will recommend it to every DS4 user I meet. With the fancy UI, it'll be near perfect. However, there are two features that I want above all:

1. The ability to start the program minimized,
2. (more important) the ability to assign left click/right click to whatever we want, so for example the touchpad button is left click.

With this, the possibility of playing mouse-only games becomes available and the PS4 controller can now do the same thing as the Steam controller. Please, pretty please make this a reality!

(L2/R2 as left and right click isn't working for me, and I'd prefer to use the touchpad button anyway.)

L2 and R2 I removed from the mouse mode because that would make games that use them as throttles play oddly. Programmable touchpad behavior is coming in 2.0, not 1.3, though.
(02-05-2014, 06:55 AM)exsammy Wrote: [ -> ]It was my very 1st problem. Google Toshiba BT stack or try finding drivers for cirago bt, something like that. I think the drivers you are using ain't compatible with the hids. It happened to me I know d frustration. Then I googled Toshiba stack, installed but it didn't work. Then I decided to go to my BT site to download new drivers, cirago. It downloaded a BT stack just like Toshiba stack and now my BT can connect to anything with BT. My headset mobile and ds4 all running together without Lag. BT dongle is 2.0 lol

Wow thank you so much!!!! It was the drivers after all! My bluetooth is working 100% perfect now Smile so happy. Thank you my friend.
I will be posting new update (1.2) tomorrow for my version. It's basically a version incorporating a lot of changes that will be part of 1.3.
Changes include:
A big number of performance improvements
Bug fixes
new touchpad behaviour:
tap to left click
press right corner of touchpad to right click
press touchpad for left click hold (drag)
Not sure with scroll yet, but will try to get 2 finger scroll. Otherwise will bind to a button

Few small ui improvements:
Options button is disabled until controller is connected
1st controller radio button automatically selected at the start
@InhexSTER
I know there is a lot of "please add this..." in this thread, but i must ask :
Is there any chance that 1.2 version will include "idle timeout" function ?
Lack of this feature is the only thing that hold me from using your tool (I'm using Scarlet.Crush software at this moment)
hey guys just wondering can you make a feature list with works in progress and future feature list and a section for requests, its getting kinda retarded having to go trough a ton of comments of people asking for features, or if you would please just make a WIKI page were all information can be properly compiled and edited as needed just food for thought not only that but it would help alot with geting the word out on both the tool and make it easier for guys to get donations or if you want i can compile the imformation my self and create a wiki for you guys
this is just a reffrence page based on the info currently available and i will keep updating it with all the new info you guys release untill 2.0 at wich point i will release a full version wiki if you havent already just so you dont have to keep repeating your selves and answering the same questions over and over
DS4-To-XInput-Wrapper is a tool created to emulate the xinput controller on pc using a dualshock 4 controller using scp server a tool created by a coder who goes by the name of scarlet-crush. to use the dual-shock 3 controller on pc, inhexter also a coder modified the tool to work with the dual-shock 4 not only adding the ability to use the ds4 as an xbox controller emulator on the pc but also adding touch pad functionality, light bar behavior editing, and rumble support. now further expanding into alternate versions from inhexter and another coder who goes by the name of electrobrain several versions of the tool have became available ,with a future version 2.0 hinted to include a better more refined user interface and further improving the compatibility and usability of the dualshock 4 on pc so far this is a list of the available version The whole project is in beta so please keep in mind there will be some bugs.

words by inhexter:I want to share a tool I made for Dualshock 4 controllers. I was inspired by the tool made by Scarlet.Crush for DS3.

My tool works in a similar fashion and is based on source code from DS3 Scp Tool.

It works though without messing with the original drivers for DS4. Uses HID Protocol to XInput mapping. You still need to install drivers for SCP virtual bus device and possibly X360 Controller drivers. Here is youtube demo video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNk36TOQfuk {keep in mind version on youtube was at alpha stage] Make sure you have:

1. Microsoft .NET 4.0 2. Visual C 2010/2012 Runtime. 3. Latest DirectX Runtime. 4. Latest Official Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller Drivers available. 5. Minimum of Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR Dongle (if using Bluetooth). 6. Administrator rights on your PC. 7. Make sure you quit all other apps/games that can use the controller (Steam/Uplay/TeamSpeak, etc) if you are using Hide DS4 controller option 8. Having MotionJoy drivers installed seem to cause issues for some people 9. This tool can't run at the same time as DS3 SCP server gui or service at this moment

Explanation on what Hide DS4 Controller checkbox does: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XI...#pid346076

Source code : https://code.google.com/p/ds4-tool/

inhexter version

Next update: 1.3. Changes include: A big number of performance improvements Bug fixes new touchpad behaviour: tap to left click press right corner of touchpad to right click press touchpad for left click hold (drag) Not sure with scroll yet, but will try to get 2 finger scroll. Otherwise will bind to a button

Few small ui improvements: Options button is disabled until controller is connected 1st controller radio button automatically selected at the start Latest version of DS4 Xinput Tool 1.1 Final: http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=48486

I will try to get this functionality done by end of the week, and i think it will last major update for a while: Left click = tap or hold(drag) touchpad Right click = two finger tap Scroll with two fingers Hot-Plug for USB (will not work likely with exclusive mode) Further speed enhancements

Please when anyone asking for help provide this:

Connection type: USB/BT Windows Version DS4 Tool Version Are you using Exclusive vs Shared mode ( is Hide DS4 Controller checkbox enabled) Make sure if USB works first, only then try BT

downloads http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XInput-Wrapper

electrobrains versiom

Latest personal development branch version: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XI...#pid349764

GUI theres also a user interface being created by a user who goes by donbabeo Version 0.0.3.0 released.

.Net 4.0 required (instead of 4.5.1 as previous), so XP compatible Laugh Complete overhaul of the translation system: now it's in his own dll and it's extremely simple and easy to use, support language change on the fly and show a list of possible selectable languages based on the files found in a precise folder. Technically speaking it could be extensible as it could implement different method of providing keywords but honestly i don't see the point: XML (the only fetching method i implemented) is fast and easy to use.

NOTE: the directory DS4Tool inside the zip should be under your documents folder. http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XI...r?page=134

sorry storing info herefor now wiki blocked me cause they think i advertised something idk
First: All the work you guys have put into this is so amazing.

However, I have run into a snag. The reason I got a Dualshock 4 in the first place was to play Dark Souls PC in style (and cause I can not stand the 360 controller). I run the utility as planned and it seems to work (Full Steam big picture mode, Batman Arkham Asylum works perfectly) but when I load up Dark Souls I only get the "Guide" button to respond. No other input is recognized. I searched for fixes for 360 controllers not working and the only solution seemed to be to disable any other HID controllers. But if I do that it actually disables the PS4 controller, and ergo I can not use it.

I was wondering if any assistance could be lent in this matter. Wanted to beat the Dark Souls DLC before Dark SOuls 2 comes out.

Thanks again for any help.
Hi everybody again, i'm still in trouble with my DS4 paring. Can anyone here had experience with problems pairing with the DS4 ?
The pad connects to the pc when attached via USB and it's recognized as Wireless Controller, and the pc find it in new bt devices, but when i try to add in bluetooth devices it stucks in the pairing

I also started SCPserver and again the DS4 is recognized but when i click on pair nothing happens.

I'm actually using a DS3 and windows 8.1 ( the bt dongle is Inatek bt with CSR harmony driver
(02-05-2014, 03:12 AM)raptor1138 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this amazing software, I will recommend it to every DS4 user I meet. With the fancy UI, it'll be near perfect. However, there are two features that I want above all:

1. The ability to start the program minimized,
2. (more important) the ability to assign left click/right click to whatever we want, so for example the touchpad button is left click.

With this, the possibility of playing mouse-only games becomes available and the PS4 controller can now do the same thing as the Steam controller. Please, pretty please make this a reality!

(L2/R2 as left and right click isn't working for me, and I'd prefer to use the touchpad button anyway.)

Hi raptor1138, I see InhexSTER has just commented that an update is on its way, but if you want something right now (in the mean time), you can try out the version I posted earlier - which has start minimized and uses the pad for left click and PS button for right click. I'm going to be updating my version of the code via the diff changes here: https://code.google.com/p/ds4-tool/

Edit: Just as soon as InhexSTER updates it there Smile