..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do you think about this UI Updates ?

It's just an idea.

On controller 2 touchpad is visible on pics only if touchpad is enable.

[Image: pHSgw28.jpg]
I am liking GUI, but definitely needs regular look for pre Windows 8 systems. Would look alien on there. Maybe having better separating between choices on the left and controls on the right.

Another question, i know that adding color picker is really easy, it was my first thought, but it doesn't accurately represent controller's lightbar. because its way brighter then computer screen.
Did someone figure out way to match them? I like my controller on dim settings 10 and below. on PC color picker with that settings is almost black, but controller has dim color
LED can't reproduce all colors, some colors are difficult to do with LED.

For example, I have a mouse with LEDs, I can choose colors, when I choose orange color is not really orange color.

I think color picker is not the best solution for this reason, All colors is impossible to do woth LEDs. LED can only do few colors (maybe 15 not more)
(02-04-2014, 09:25 PM)DirtyShady Wrote: [ -> ]LED can't reproduce all colors, some colors are difficult to do with LED.

For example, I have a mouse with LEDs, I can choose colors, when I choose orange color is not really orange color.

I think color picker is not the best solution for this reason, All colors is impossible to do worth LEDs. LED can only do few colors (maybe 15 not more)

On the hardware level its 3 LED with brightness control from 0 to 255, so there are at least 16.5 mil combinations, its just the fact it's different mechanism of diffusing the light than in monitors. I though of a const modifier so that the color chosen with sliders will be multiplied to increase brightness. So lets say on hardware level its 5/0/10 and in the tool its 50/0/100 in color box
(02-04-2014, 07:47 PM)DirtyShady Wrote: [ -> ]What do you think about this UI Updates ?

It's just an idea.

On controller 2 touchpad is visible on pics only if touchpad is enable.

I was thinking something similar, i love minimalistic approach.

(02-04-2014, 09:13 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]I am liking GUI, but definitely needs regular look for pre Windows 8 systems. Would look alien on there. Maybe having better separating between choices on the left and controls on the right.

Another question, i know that adding color picker is really easy, it was my first thought, but it doesn't accurately represent controller's lightbar. because its way brighter then computer screen.
Did someone figure out way to match them? I like my controller on dim settings 10 and below. on PC color picker with that settings is almost black, but controller has dim color

Definetly a standard GUI is planned, too many people request it.
Considering that the GUI as it's now is higly modular shouldn't be a huge problem.

Same for Color picker, seems a really popular request.

Anyway...
Version 0.0.3.0 released.

.Net 4.0 required (instead of 4.5.1 as previous), so XP compatible Laugh
Complete overhaul of the translation system: now it's in his own dll and it's extremely simple and easy to use, support language change on the fly and show a list of possible selectable languages based on the files found in a precise folder.
Technically speaking it could be extensible as it could implement different method of providing keywords but honestly i don't see the point: XML (the only fetching method i implemented) is fast and easy to use.

NOTE: the directory DS4Tool inside the zip should be under your documents folder.

PS: any suggestion for a free/online bugtracker/suggestiontracker to use?
(02-04-2014, 09:51 PM)Donbabbeo Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking something similar, i love minimalistic approach.

Definetly a standard GUI is planned, too many people request it.
Considering that the GUI as it's now is higly modular shouldn't be a huge problem.

Same for Color picker, seems a really popular request.

Anyway...
Version 0.0.3.0 released.

.Net 4.0 required (instead of 4.5.1 as previous), so XP compatible Laugh
Complete overhaul of the translation system: now it's in his own dll and it's extremely simple and easy to use, support language change on the fly and show a list of possible selectable languages based on the files found in a precise folder.
Technically speaking it could be extensible as it could implement different method of providing keywords but honestly i don't see the point: XML (the only fetching method i implemented) is fast and easy to use.

NOTE: the directory DS4Tool inside the zip should be under your documents folder.

PS: any suggestion for a free/online bugtracker/suggestiontracker to use?

This version doesn't start for me (Windows 8 x64)

Copy DS4Tool folder in Documents folder, but when I execute DS4Tool.exe, nothing happen.
(02-04-2014, 10:38 PM)DirtyShady Wrote: [ -> ]This version doesn't start for me (Windows 8 x64)

Copy DS4Tool in Documents folder, but when I execute DS4Tool, nothing happen.

Damn, my bad, the language file is invalid, missed " in row 15 and 16
Easily editable by hand if you want, but if you prefer, i have uploaded a new version, just replace the old one.
(02-04-2014, 11:06 PM)Donbabbeo Wrote: [ -> ]Damn, my bad, the language file is invalid, missed " in row 15 and 16
Easily editable by hand if you want, but if you prefer, i have uploaded a new version, just replace the old one.

Now it's good ! But I have some problem to translate "headeroption_???"

Some parts are not translate.
The Xbox 360 controller this program creates says it needs troubleshooting and it doesn't know what the problem is. It doesn't work with games... please help!
Now whenever I start it (even if there is no controller plugged in) the DS4 comes up as having 0% battery... help!