..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-13-2014, 09:22 PM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]Hi again,

Have you tried to turn off the steam client, then restart the app to try again? I mean properly turn steam off (check task manager).

I remember InhexSTER mentioning on the first post that some applications (like Steam, TS3 (I've seen this personally)) only allow sharing access to the controller. So you have to turn the XInput version of the controller on before turning on those programs.

That seems to have overcome that obstacle, yet I've encountered another.

Everytime I tick and untick the hide box, a random combination of controller configurations arise. For example:

When I tick the hide box, nothing appears in the list.

When I untick it, the wired controller and the 360 controller appear.

When I tick the box again, this time the wired controller will appear.

When unticked again, only the wired controller appears.

Seems incredibly random.

Thanks for your assistance.
(02-13-2014, 09:32 PM)Kugelblitz Wrote: [ -> ]That seems to have overcome that obstacle, yet I've encountered another.

Everytime I tick and untick the hide box, a random combination of controller configurations arise. For example:

When I tick the hide box, nothing appears in the list.

When I untick it, the wired controller and the 360 controller appear.

When I tick the box again, this time the wired controller will appear.

When unticked again, only the wired controller appears.

Seems incredibly random.

Thanks for your assistance.

That does seem random. Are there no error messages shown in the logs?

Essentially it is part of a call directly to Window's kernel32 library so any issues that arise are likely due to external applications trying to gain exclusive access as well.

Since exclusive access is only really an issue with some games, can I suggest that you have the older version (since it appears that worked more consistently) in a separate folder and run that when you want to play Dark Souls to reduce frustrations?
(02-13-2014, 09:48 PM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]That does seem random. Are there no error messages shown in the logs?

Essentially it is part of a call directly to Window's kernel32 library so any issues that arise are likely due to external applications trying to gain exclusive access as well.

Since exclusive access is only really an issue with some games, can I suggest that you have the older version (since it appears that worked more consistently) in a separate folder and run that when you want to play Dark Souls to reduce frustrations?

Nope, no errors are reported.

Your solution seems adequate, (though using my 360 controller won't hurt I suppose) any version in particular you'd recommend?

I'm merely happy to bring the issue to light -- I hope the developer can solve it.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: I decided to employ your custom tool, and although the list is still random, your version seems to be working with DS perfectly, when the controller doesn't appear on the list, that is. Though admittedly I never tried it with the default tool, it is likely it works too, when the controller appears on the list.
(02-13-2014, 04:51 PM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]New version

Another great version, thanks. Still a few problems though:
  • It's impossible to press two keys at once once. ie you can't press the button mapped to space bar while holding on to a button mapped as W, and so on.
  • While you can manually add right and middle mouse buttons via the xml, and it appears, they do not work at all.

And I have a few other suggestions if you don't mind me asking. Could you also add the mouse wheel scrolling, there's no key code value for it, so I'm not sure the process of adding it in. Also have you thought about macros, or at least adding keyboard combinations?
(02-13-2014, 09:59 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Another great version, thanks. Still a few problems though:
  • It's impossible to press two keys at once once. ie you can't press the button mapped to space bar while holding on to a button mapped as W, and so on.
  • While you can manually add right and middle mouse buttons via the xml, and it appears, they do not work at all.

And I have a few other suggestions if you don't mind me asking. Could you also add the mouse wheel scrolling, there's no key code value for it, so I'm not sure the process of adding it in. Also have you thought about macros, or at least adding keyboard combinations?

Thanks for the feedback Smile

I'm thinking of a way to address the use of keys as gaming keys - vs actual usage in windows. Will see where this goes for 'N Key Rollover'.

I'll add the scroll on the to do list, I would actually address right click, middle click, and scroll in the same way as left click (unlike key presses which emulate a keyboard). It seems though Click Keys exist, they might not be reliable, as you mention they do not work for you.

Macros sounds like a 'bit further off' idea, which I'd only really look at once everything works perfectly.
Hello. I just registered to thank you for creating this tool as its allowing me to use my favorite controller for some of my favorite PC games.

I'm also writing to ask if it is a known issue and if its planned to be fix or if I'm a lone experiencer of two button input being flakey. Say in a game like Mortal Kombat, if I want to use the D-Pad to do a back jump or a forward jump the controller - or the game, I'm not sure - does not recognize the input. Similarly in Dark Souls where you can hold O to slide down a ladder you usually are able to slide down as you move down with the analogue stick but I can only slide once I've stopped inputting with the left analogue stick. It's a decently sized irritation and it does make some games a little frustrating to play. I understand this is early development, but I'm just bringing it to your attention if it already hasn't been.
(02-13-2014, 10:29 PM)WASDF Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. I just registered to thank you for creating this tool as its allowing me to use my favorite controller for some of my favorite PC games.

I'm also writing to ask if it is a known issue and if its planned to be fix or if I'm a lone experiencer of two button input being flakey. Say in a game like Mortal Kombat, if I want to use the D-Pad to do a back jump or a forward jump the controller - or the game, I'm not sure - does not recognize the input. Similarly in Dark Souls where you can hold O to slide down a ladder you usually are able to slide down as you move down with the analogue stick but I can only slide once I've stopped inputting with the left analogue stick. It's a decently sized irritation and it does make some games a little frustrating to play. I understand this is early development, but I'm just bringing it to your attention if it already hasn't been.

Hi, could you clarify whether you are referring to XInput alone (normal Xbox Controller buttons and axes) or keystrokes (like your handle). It is a recently known issue that keystrokes cannot yet be used in combination and a fix is being looked into.

As per normal controls I regularly press Left Bumper and pull back on Right Thumb Stick to zoom out in FFXIV - I haven't noticed any issues there.
Happy Valentine's Day!

Hot Plug functionality added Smile You can unplug or plugin controllers while the application is running.

Enjoy testing?
(02-14-2014, 12:44 AM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, could you clarify whether you are referring to XInput alone (normal Xbox Controller buttons and axes) or keystrokes (like your handle). It is a recently known issue that keystrokes cannot yet be used in combination and a fix is being looked into.

As per normal controls I regularly press Left Bumper and pull back on Right Thumb Stick to zoom out in FFXIV - I haven't noticed any issues there.

Maybe the Dark Souls one is just Dark Souls. It's keystrokes for Mortal Kombat for sure so I suppose that may be a problem you're aware of.
Hi everyone! I'm having an issue with this. For the past few months, this tool has been absolutely immaculate, but as of recent I'm beginning to have trouble. I've searched through the thread and only managed to find one other case like mine, with no solution. Sometimes, over bluetooth, there is short, frequent noticeable bursts of input lag. It makes aiming in first person games impossible, it makes Lara Croft run right off a cliff in Tomb Raider, and it just makes a lot of gameplay a pain. It was working fine ever since the first beta releases, and I spent a LOT of time on v1.1 beta3, since it worked with no issue. Then suddenly the lag begins to occur, out of nowhere. It only happens over bluetooth, and only happens running this tool. If I were to use dinput instead, and not start up DS4tool, there would be no lag whatsoever. Yet when I run this, I get lag. And the lag is very inconsistent too; Sometimes I can connect, and it will work just fine, other times it will lag.

Am I the only one who is experiencing this issue? Surface Pro 2, Windows 8.1.