..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys, I downloaded this programm and so far everything works, the app recognizes the controller and such, but it doesnt get shown up as a 360 controller, therefore I cannot use it in games like titanfall for example. Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this issue?
(03-15-2014, 03:19 PM)Rocquito Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, thank you very much to the fantastic team for this amazing tool. You guys are fantastic.
- If I open uPlay with "Hide PS4 controller" option ticked, I can play Rayman Legends normally until there is any sudden disconnection of the controller. In that case, reconnecting would be impossible unless I quit uPlay entirely again.

- If I open uPlay with the "Hide PS4 controller" option unticked, the game will start in 2 player mode with controls going crazy. Chances are, the same happens in any uPlay game with 2-player mode.

Any potential solution for this?

Sadly at this moment its a no, we are definitely trying to make the tool run as stable as possible to prevent unintended disconnects and such.
The way windows process system is structured its very likely that uplay or steam will grab the access to the controller, and we can't hide it.
I am hopping that introducing a DS4Service will improve this but unless we are running DS4too completely real-time without letting windows switching to other processes. there will be always a chance of Steam or Uplay interfering. At least there isn't a fix for it in any foreseeable future.

I am really hoping that Steam and Uplay will have disable controller input feature at some point, but there is not very big chance for it.

(03-15-2014, 03:21 PM)MCFreezy Wrote: [ -> ]Hello guys, I downloaded this programm and so far everything works, the app recognizes the controller and such, but it doesnt get shown up as a 360 controller, therefore I cannot use it in games like titanfall for example. Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Please when asking a question provide info described in OP. Also absolutely make sure that all software requirements from OP are met.
(03-15-2014, 02:48 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]I suggest we all keep a civil tone here.

@Inhexster : keep up the good work.
@electrobrains : Keep up the good work too. No need to annoy inhexster in his own topic. Keep yours, boast, brag, do whatever you want as long as you do it in your thread and in a civil way.

@both : as a general rule, don't feed the troll. Bliss obviously registered just to be a troll.

I registered just to respond that I use ASUS USB-BT400 and the tool's working fine. It was not my intention to start such flame, I was just confused when I downloaded and compiled the DS4Windows from electro repo when I saw the about box. Sorry for that, It was careless of me to point that out.
(03-10-2014, 06:38 AM)lostdj Wrote: [ -> ]...

So after updating XB controller drivers (.) as it was recommended by the author of DS3 tool (.), rebooting and updating to DS4 1.3 RC3 (Latest) from HecticSeptic everyting works like a charm. Thanks to whoever fixed whatever it was in my case. :)

@InhexSTER, it's not about open source, but people and the fact that we're on internet. The latter is in fact a good thing: you can ignore anyone you want, you'll just have to learn how to do it.

@both, will you consider moving to GitHub? I'm not gonna start to describe how it's better or worse than Google Code, but it has Releases page where it's _much_ easier to track new builds, maintain changelog and looking at what actually was changed in source code.
In the meantime, new (and last) mock of the GUI.

Now, when a new controller is connected an xml with the specific controller configuration is created. Sadly, everything is name-based because i don't have a valid and static id of every controller (this obviously will change when proper connected to the service).

ATM the only provided option is to show or hide the trayicon. (keep in mind that the icon is visible only when connected with Bluetooth, i will change that later)

Speaking about the icon, it's *****, my idea is using an icon similar of those of Windows tray like the battery one , but possibly with a shape that resemble an actual controller.
Someone could do that for me? I need 11 images 32x32, take the image below as an example.
[Image: windows_8_battery_tray_icon_for_windows_...527f3i.png]
(the first 9, the 21th and the 31th, with a controller shape and no background).

First thing first, launch ServiceDestroyer to delete previous configuration directories, then launch ServiceTester then DS4Tool.

Don't move battery slider too fast or the app will crash, i know that, it sucks but i don't care considering that Tester will disappear in the next future.

Enough for today, tomorrow i will clean some classes, some translation (i have still some comments in italian) and then i will upload the come somewhere.
Everyone is fine if i use GitHub? Or i'm forced to use Google Code?
(03-15-2014, 05:21 PM)Donbabbeo Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone is fine if i use GitHub? Or i'm forced to use Google Code?

I am cool with both. I am not sure if i need to do anything extra, but it seems i can't launch it anymore. I tried to delete folder in AppData and running them as admin. ServiceTester has no gui show up but keeps running in the background.

Edit:
Hmm it might be an issue with service already existing from previous version and i moved the files to different folder, so now service removal doesn't work as well. Just something to look into with service install/uninstall.
(03-15-2014, 05:21 PM)Donbabbeo Wrote: [ -> ]In the meantime, new (and last) mock of the GUI.

Now, when a new controller is connected an xml with the specific controller configuration is created. Sadly, everything is name-based because i don't have a valid and static id of every controller (this obviously will change when proper connected to the service).

ATM the only provided option is to show or hide the trayicon. (keep in mind that the icon is visible only when connected with Bluetooth, i will change that later)

Speaking about the icon, it's *****, my idea is using an icon similar of those of Windows tray like the battery one , but possibly with a shape that resemble an actual controller.
Someone could do that for me? I need 11 images 32x32, take the image below as an example.
[Image: windows_8_battery_tray_icon_for_windows_...527f3i.png]
(the first 9, the 21th and the 31th, with a controller shape and no background).

First thing first, launch ServiceDestroyer to delete previous configuration directories, then launch ServiceTester then DS4Tool.

Don't move battery slider too fast or the app will crash, i know that, it sucks but i don't care considering that Tester will disappear in the next future.

Enough for today, tomorrow i will clean some classes, some translation (i have still some comments in italian) and then i will upload the come somewhere.
Everyone is fine if i use GitHub? Or i'm forced to use Google Code?

Nice! I do get some faults but they don't appear to affect functionality much. GUI looks fantastic, and the tray icon needs visibility but I think there's also a good chance we can reverse engineer the Xinput stuff so that we can just export our detailed info (MAC, mode, battery level as text, battery level for battery indicator too) so that the normal XBox controller info dialog can display it when you hit PS/Guide by default.

I do note that it does not start on my Win8.1 system without running it as Administrator. Probably that is due to service registration stuff, no?
@Donbabbeo
I reinstalled the service and I can launch the tool and a tester, but tester keeps crashing constantly, as soon i click connect or sometimes even being idle.
Does classic styles suppose to work? checkbox doesn't seem to change anything even after restart.

I got a stack trace i will send you a PM with it
This is a great piece of software, works amazingly and the customization is awesome. But see my problem is I want to play a game such as Nba2k14 or perhaps some of the lego games. But all of these types of games include two players (which is stupid for pc) so as I connect my ds4 and use the SpcServer I expect the xbox controller to be used. The ds4 is still detected and none of the buttons or such work. So when I click the "Hide DS4 Controller" option the "xbox 360 controller" function goes away and the "wireless controller" is still there I know this because all 360 controller function is gone and when I check hide, then click controllers only the wireless one is there. Please have a fix for this so I can play some of these games using only the 360 controller settings. Or tell me if there is any fix.
(03-15-2014, 07:52 PM)andy8201 Wrote: [ -> ]This is a great piece of software, works amazingly and the customization is awesome. But see my problem is I want to play a game such as Nba2k14 or perhaps some of the lego games. But all of these types of games include two players (which is stupid for pc) so as I connect my ds4 and use the SpcServer I expect the xbox controller to be used. The ds4 is still detected and none of the buttons or such work. So when I click the "Hide DS4 Controller" option the "xbox 360 controller" function goes away and the "wireless controller" is still there I know this because all 360 controller function is gone and when I check hide, then click controllers only the wireless one is there. Please have a fix for this so I can play some of these games using only the 360 controller settings. Or tell me if there is any fix.

Do you get the some message saying Can't open the controller? When you enable Hide DS4. I am pretty sure you are not following instructions somehow. I've tests at least Lego Marvel game personally, and it works fine with Hide DS4 enabled.