..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having trouble keeping the DS4 connected to the computer wirelessly. It'll show up as a wireless controller in the device panel but then disappear after a few seconds. Seems like it's not staying on. Not sure what to do.

It also goes from wireless controller to HID-Enabled controller right before disappearing
hello guys i hofve the latest ds4 driver and i can not save the rumble configuration under windows 8.1 what is the solution ples help me
(12-16-2013, 01:03 AM)Hush Wrote: [ -> ]Having trouble keeping the DS4 connected to the computer wirelessly. It'll show up as a wireless controller in the device panel but then disappear after a few seconds. Seems like it's not staying on. Not sure what to do.

It also goes from wireless controller to HID-Enabled controller right before disappearing

This seems to be the issue with Windows 7 BT stack. I found that completely removing device from your computer before repairing again tends to resolve the issue, maybe can take few tries. The pop up dialog saying controller wants to connect to your computer didn't work. It does work ok in Windows 8.1 for me
I just want to say: Thank you InhexSTER, I really like this DS4 controller and have no plans on getting a new-gen console. Having this to make the DS4 useable on PC is awesome! Surprising that you can get a DS4 working this quickly and Microsoft has no plans to get their own controller working on their own OS until next year.

Only thing though, I think it would be neat to be able to remap the left/right-click buttons when using the DS4 touchpad as a mouse. I personally find using L1/R1 to be a bit awkward, and I'd actually like to be able to remap the DS4 touchpad's click to a mouse's left-click.
So, the touchpad works flawlessly with the new update, but now my rumble settings will go away immediately when I hit save, and the controller will not rumble. However, if I hit set and then save, it will rumble, and wont stop rumbling until I change the settings back down to 0. Is there a solution to this problem?
I followed the video guide, but every time I open the server, my computer freezes. I'm currently using Windows 7 x64.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Firstly, thank you for making such an awesome program.

I just made my account to ask a few questions. I use windows 8.1 -64bit

1) Is there any lag when using the controller over bluetooth? Or does it run perfectly like on ps4?

2) I've never had a console, i just got a controller because of this program. I read on pcgamer that there is no way to turn the controller off, is that true? If you have fixed it how do I turn it off? I am completely new to this whole thing.

3) Can this software permanently damage my controller or make permanent software changes to it? Because there is some hope that Sony will release proper drivers for it on PC, if they come to that will I be able to use the controller normally? I am asking this question because in your youtube video I saw you mention how your controller had stopped working on PS4 due to software changes.
(12-16-2013, 06:16 AM)bhajj94 Wrote: [ -> ]So, the touchpad works flawlessly with the new update, but now my rumble settings will go away immediately when I hit save, and the controller will not rumble. However, if I hit set and then save, it will rumble, and wont stop rumbling until I change the settings back down to 0. Is there a solution to this problem?

to make it rumble you need to have rumble boost set to non 0 value (its in %), left/right is used for testing only

Quote:I followed the video guide, but every time I open the server, my computer freezes. I'm currently using Windows 7 x64.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

First make sure you have all prerequisites in OP, if it still has freezing issues i have not found a solution yet, it seems limited to windows 7
(12-16-2013, 07:11 AM)silbery Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly, thank you for making such an awesome program.

I just made my account to ask a few questions. I use windows 8.1 -64bit

1) Is there any lag when using the controller over bluetooth? Or does it run perfectly like on ps4?

2) I've never had a console, i just got a controller because of this program. I read on pcgamer that there is no way to turn the controller off, is that true? If you have fixed it how do I turn it off? I am completely new to this whole thing.

3) Can this software permanently damage my controller or make permanent software changes to it? Because there is some hope that Sony will release proper drivers for it on PC, if they come to that will I be able to use the controller normally? I am asking this question because in your youtube video I saw you mention how your controller had stopped working on PS4 due to software changes.

1) Unless there are connection issues (some dongles have very limited range the input lag should be negligible

2) Yes, you can force it to turn off by holding PS button for 10seconds

3) I can't guarantee that my tool is 100% safe however i have a another controller that i've been using with a tool and have no issues, works fine with PS4
There are some pretty major lag issues right now on the dongle I'm using. I have no idea what the fix could be as when i use x360ce, i dont get any of these issues. Any ideas?