..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

KodevEx

I use this+Xpadder for DayZ SA. Works 100%
I've been using this wrapper for a few days now with the beta 3 release and I love it but I've been noticing the input seems to "stick" from time to time.

For example when I play batman arkham city through steam big picture mode I will randomly lose control of my character due to one of the sticks holding where it was last moved for several seconds.

It has been happening with some frequency does anyone have any ideas of how to fix it?

I've tried some of the other wrappers in the past for the ds3 and I had no issues likes this when using wireless. I just don't want to go through the hassle of applying a wrapper to every game.
(12-27-2013, 07:33 PM)kaniada Wrote: [ -> ]I've been using this wrapper for a few days now with the beta 3 release and I love it but I've been noticing the input seems to "stick" from time to time.

For example when I play batman arkham city through steam big picture mode I will randomly lose control of my character due to one of the sticks holding where it was last moved for several seconds.

It has been happening with some frequency does anyone have any ideas of how to fix it?

I've tried some of the other wrappers in the past for the ds3 and I had no issues likes this when using wireless. I just don't want to go through the hassle of applying a wrapper to every game.

Is the BT dongle close to the controller?
(12-27-2013, 07:33 PM)kaniada Wrote: [ -> ]For example when I play batman arkham city through steam big picture mode I will randomly lose control of my character due to one of the sticks holding where it was last moved for several seconds.

I have been having this same exact problem, except it's happening with any game/program.

Also, when I stop scpserver.exe, xpadder still thinks my DS4 is a 360 controller with the upleft stuck stick and ***** up trigger/stick axes.

So, I basically want to wash my hands of the program, but I can't uninstall it and return my DS4 just to direct-input control.

For info on my setup:
Vista
Installed DS4Tool_1.1_Beta_1, then unistalled after I read more and found out that the most recent version had more features.
Using a USB to micro USB cord.
(12-28-2013, 01:42 AM)MrGehab Wrote: [ -> ]Is the BT dongle close to the controller?

It is within 4 feet of the controller but that shouldn't be the issue in this case. I have been able to use other wrapper software designed for the ds3 wirelessly with the same exact setup with no issues at all. It is only with this implementation that I am having sticking with my inputs.
Would it be possible to add a feature that can change the L2 + R2 with the L1 + R1? I've just gotten used to using the L1 and R1 as my shooting and aiming buttons but the tool only allows for L2 and R2.

Thanks for your great work!
(12-27-2013, 07:33 PM)kaniada Wrote: [ -> ]For example when I play batman arkham city through steam big picture mode I will randomly lose control of my character due to one of the sticks holding where it was last moved for several seconds.
Same here... I thought I haven't that problem, but have spotted it today playing MK9
I am also having the problem of controls randomly locking (over Bluetooth only; USB works perfectly). For example, when I'm playing Mario, I get stuck walking right, and I can't jump until the controller becomes un-stuck.
Same problem for me.
I've been able to do some long gaming sessions enough to drain and charge a few cycles on the controller and here are my current thoughts:

Problems:
1. Controller will stop working(disconnect and reconnect very quickly), Wired or BT. Of course we know the program doesn't do hotpluging yet, so that feature would most likely fix, or at least mask the issue. This could be the time to figure this one out because others having sticking issues may be experiencing a less pronounced version of this issue. The only resolution is just to start/stop the server and go back into the game (no need to close game, just do an alt-tab, then start/stop the server in DS4Tool). This issue is persistent throughout multiple games, but I can't seem to replicate it consistently. I used to think it was just my usb cable coming unplugged or loose (never happened once with my old droid 2 usb cable once I bought a 10ft usb extension cable for $10!), but this happened on BT as well. I haven't noticed any button sticking aside from the last input continuing after this issue rears its head.) Thankfully it's only happened about 4 times in the about 30+ hours of gameplay on the beta 3 version.

Suggestions:
I would love to see some kind of settings overlay menu that can be brought up with the PS button+R3+L3. Something hard to do on accident, but give you an overlay where you can change settings such as rumble boost, led brightness (as well as current color sliders), touchpad config and button mapping, turbo button toggles, battery info etc.

I wish I could be of more help on the programming side, but I'm definitely more of a bug testing, idea kind of person. So glad you are doing this InhexSTER! I am a happy PC gamer now that I don't have to use a Xbox controller!

Edit: Also, let me know if, when and where I can donate!