..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-10-2014, 09:59 PM)Benn61 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks!!

i love the software. but i would love to se a button for turning off the controller if posible. i am using bluethoot and inorder for me to turn off my controller i have to unplug my bluethoot adapter. no big deal but just a sugjestion. also it would be awsome if we could costumise the touchpad button for something, like "go to desctop" or "shift+tab for steam".

Press and hold the PS button for 10 seconds to turn the controller off.
Im needing help with the pairing of the buttons whats the program you used at the end with the X360 controller i found a version of it but it keeps saying it cant open the application plz help ASAP
Hey, I'm having a problem with the analog sticks. When I move them diagonally in any direction it doesn't reach all the way, because it thinks it moves in a square shape. Like this:
[Image: NvtkQRm.png]
Any way to fix it?
(01-11-2014, 02:30 AM)rech Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I'm having a problem with the analog sticks. When I move them diagonally in any direction it doesn't reach all the way, because it thinks it moves in a square shape. Like this:
Any way to fix it?

That's just how analog sticks work, other controllers do it too. The only time it was an issue for me was in PCSX2 (when moving diagonal, the character would walk instead of run etc.), but increasing the sensitivity of the analog sticks in PCSX2 solved that. All PC games I've played haven't had an issue with sensitivity.
(01-11-2014, 03:23 AM)Retarded Lemon Wrote: [ -> ]That's just how analog sticks work, other controllers do it too. The only time it was an issue for me was in PCSX2 (when moving diagonal, the character would walk instead of run etc.), but increasing the sensitivity of the analog sticks in PCSX2 solved that. All PC games I've played haven't had an issue with sensitivity.

Okay, thanks. I noticed it in PCSX2 as well. Good to have confirmation that it doesn't effect normal games.
edit: magically working now \o/
I like this stuff, many thanks for this software.

I have trouble with latest beta 3 version. When I press buttons rapidly the input slows or freezes (games just ignore pressed buttons for a second). The same issue appears in a controller properties window. If I press buttons slowly it works ok, but if I press a lot of buttons in a same time or press one button rapidly this freeze comes back. The freeze isn't permanent, after a second the controller's input becomes normal until I will press buttons rapidly again. There's no difference whether the controller connected through USB or BT. I didn't have such issues in beta 2.

Could anybody help me with this problem?

P.S. Sorry for grammar mistakes, my English isn't perfect.
(01-10-2014, 06:35 PM)Eggbom Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed, you got it.
Just to (maby) improve the software, nothing more.

More hands make less work Wink

Exactly. I've been a programmer for fifteen years. I'm not exaggerating when I say I could add all kinds of features in a matter of days. I'm thankful to have this driver as a matter of convenience over the DS3 drivers taking over the Bluetooth adapter, but it clearly needs work, and all it takes to get things going is to post an archive of the source tree. You don't even need to put it on github yourself.
I've been having a problem where if this program with the DS4 plugged in and steam is open/trying to be started up my computer freezes and requires a hard reset. I've tested a few different situations including having both Steam and DS4tool open without my DS4 plugged in which doesn't crash but once it is plugged in it crashes, I've also tried setting up DS4Tool (with Steam closed) and the DS4 then closing DS4Tool and launching Steam but that still causes the computer to freeze.

Thanks in advance for any help or insights.
(01-09-2014, 02:20 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Add a USB extension cable or hub so that your Bluetooth adapter is close to the controller and these problems will disappear. DS4 controllers have terrible range, and my best guess is that we're failing to handshake them into a high-radio-power/low-latency mode.

I still get random (as in, not during every usage session) issues no matter where my BT dongle is. My computer is immediately to the right of my legs, under my desk. Normally my BT dongle is behind my PC on a motherboard USB port, but I have moved it to a front port, and directly on top of my case with a cable, with no confirmed solution. As it's inconsistent, and I lack the tools to see what the dongle is doing, eh. It does the same thing on USB with no BT connection at times, as well, but I've been trying BT-only for the past few days.