..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have some suggestions for 1.2.1

-Bind Playstation Button to Windows Start button
-When you push down on the Touchpad, a keyboard in thebottom right corner appears, you can select character with D-pad, or use Touchpad mouse.
-For the keyboard integrate that feature where you can move the controller to search
(01-22-2014, 12:24 AM)Insanelycool Wrote: [ -> ]Update! I installed the virtual machine with windows XP... boy did I call this one on the nose. XP is exactly the problem. I can get inhexsters to work on XP but not electrobrains' version. I tried the newest one he just posted as well.
...Continuing to troubleshoot to see if I can resolve it...

Running Windows 7 SP1 here.
(01-22-2014, 01:30 AM)steakandcheese Wrote: [ -> ]Running Windows 7 SP1 here.

Then the problem is surely software related... and not the tool. Since many other people are running it on w7 without this issue. I will try installing various things to see if I can pin it down.
Fist of all some changes that electrobrains made are worth making to improve performance, yet if he consulted me through chat, i would gladly help and explain in details why certain things should have not been changed and left alone. That way he wouldn't run into similar issues i had and resolved before.

Ultimately i would prefer somebody who would add complete hotkey mapping GUI form, i would implement the actual mapping in my tool

I find there is no point uploading a version a day, if people want to have fully customizable mapping like in x360ce application, that's what we should concentrate on and take our time to release a version that will be extensively tested. We should not be coming up with all this alternative button mappings changing every version, because every person is different and some will prefer one hotkey to the other. So we should create a list of hotkey combinations and be able to assign them anything we want
Yes, I'm trying to flesh out the features. USB and obsolete Windows versions (XP) compatibility is my last priority. It's very hard to add features and fix bugs in this codebase, there are a lot of misused Windows and. NET APIs, but I'm trying hard to avoid rewriting until later. It's much easier to have a fleshed-out prototype that kinda-works and then implement the real thing than try to get it all right on the first try.

This stuff is all very proof-of-concept now. It needs serious time and effort to work perfectly all the time. Are you still interested in developing it further? We definitely need a compatibility layer to choose the right API for the each version of Windows. I can't try to make all the functionality work for ever until it works for me, but I'm really not able to reproduce many of the problems people report without a proper lab setup. I don't have any sticky keys and the driver is FAR more usable without the tremendous latency of all the cruft that was in the fastparh. So did you consider yet sharing with me your details on how to due Bluetooth protocol sniffing between PS4 and DS4? I don't want to have to take over the project, I'm just doing it because no one else will.
(01-22-2014, 01:34 AM)Insanelycool Wrote: [ -> ]Then the problem is surely software related... and not the tool. Since many other people are running it on w7 without this issue. I will try installing various things to see if I can pin it down.

Happy installing. Here's what I got:

[attachment=48425]

[attachment=48424]
(01-22-2014, 01:47 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Fist of all some changes that electrobrains made are worth making to improve performance, yet if he consulted me through chat, i would gladly help and explain in details why certain things should have not been changed and left alone. That way he wouldn't run into similar issues i had and resolved before.

Ultimately i would prefer somebody who would add complete hotkey mapping GUI form, i would implement the actual mapping in my tool

I find there is no point uploading a version a day, if people want to have fully customizable mapping like in x360ce application, that's what we should concentrate on and take our time to release a version that will be extensively tested. We should not be coming up with all this alternative button mappings changing every version, because every person is different and some will prefer one hotkey to the other. So we should create a list of hotkey combinations and be able to assign them anything we want
First of all, what chat? You've been totally silent toward me except pointing out when I've been replacing your kluges with proper error handling/synchronization. The mappings changing regularly will be a thing until I decide to actually implement full customization. That's unfortunately very hard due to the hard-coded nature of both the GUI and the service interfaces. If you could implement a full GUI for customization of buttons and touchpad that would be extremely useful, but if you don't do it in an extensible way, it will be very painful to improve upon later.

Please start using commit messages and code comments if you want to your kluges to be understood. Chat is not the right way, and I read this entire thread, you never explained any of the reasons for the bizarre code constructs used. I thank you for getting this thing rolling but I'm gonna keep developing it to the best of my ability because no one else will. I'm fine with forking it off entirely and changing the name if you want nothing to do with my software. I want to work with you but it has to go both ways.
Electrobrains let me know which way its preferable for you to chat, google plus, Skype etc. send me pm
My goal here is to let other people commit to the main project and work on issue tracker on google code when we open one. It might slow down the dev process somewhat but it can help us be more organized with use of code reviews, and who's working on what.
Not trying to be internet sheriff here, but the both of you need to chill out. Doesn't seem like there's any need for the project to be forked when InhexSTER is happy and willing to collaborate. Maybe he needs to comment his code better and maybe posting daily zip file revisions on a forum thread isn't a good idea, but bitching isn't going to solve anything.

Have a chat and see how you can work together.