..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ScpToolkit (XInput Wrapper aka ScpServer Reloaded)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
***** i just bough a fake controller last couple of days and awaiting for it to arrive to try this out, and fake controller support suddenly end.

Kill me please T_T

Nothin on you Nefarius, just fault on my part
Hi. I just got a PS4 controller. I got the latest release of ScpToolkit from GitHub, installed it, used the Clean Wipe utility provided, used the Driver Installer utility provided to install the relevant drivers, rebooted, and it worked nicely. I started playing games in RetroArch using my new PS4 controller with no apparent latency issues. Smile

After a while, I noticed it randomly stopped working with no warning, so to troubleshoot, I enabled the sounds so I could hear the "pop" of it disconnecting a few seconds after I reconnected it by pressing the middle button. Eventually, I figured out that I should use the "ScpToolkit Monitor (legacy)" to really see what's going on, and it said "Dying" beside my controller. That let me figure it out! It was simply very low on battery, since it doesn't come with a full charge when new from the factory sealed box (though it did last about 20 minutes, so I thought I was having driver issues).

So, all in all, it's working now that I've figured that out.

However, I have a couple questions:

How do I disable that infernal light on the back of the controller? It reflects off my glossy monitor and constantly bugs me. I couldn't figure out the Profile Manager utility at all and I got it to crash a few times too. The whole program made no sense to me since some things weren't clickable (namely "DualShock 4 Lightbar behaviour") and other things didn't do anything or anything like what I expected.

Edit: I found where I can lower its brightness in the Settings Manager. Sweet! Edit again: I know this may sound crazy, but 1% is still too bright. Is there any lower possible value above 0 in the low-level variable this setting controls? If so, I'd like to see that. For now, I'll use 0%. Edit yet again: Oh, 0% is different from "disabled" and is exactly what I want! Thanks! LaughDDD

How do I use the headphone port? I would be interested in using it since I don't have bluetooth headphones and I was looking forward to being able to use the PS4 controller's headphone port for convenient "wireless" headphone support.
Thanks so much for continuing this project. I just moved over from Scarlett's since I started having issues with it. I'm wondering about connecting multiple controllers. I have two dualshock 3 controllers.

I am able to get the drivers working on one controller (one or the other, they both work alone). But since I only have one USB cable I have to install the drivers one at a time. This is where I run into a problem. I'll install the drivers as per the instructions for one controller. Then I have to install the drivers again for the second. When I run the driver program the second time I only select "Install Dualshock 3 driver, and none of the other options (service, driver, etc.). This seems to work for that second controller, but now my first controller no longer works.

Any idea if it is possible to set up multiple controllers with only one cable?

Thanks!!
Hallo, i have a big problem and i've no clue on how to fix this. I tried playing Rocket League, but when i press R2 and Circle to run my car, the controller just froze with those buttons pressed. I tried to open the input tester aswell, and it shows that the buttons i've pressed, stay like these even if i dont touch them. Any clues
?
(12-09-2015, 07:23 AM)angelflames1337 Wrote: [ -> ]***** i just bough a fake controller last couple of days and awaiting for it to arrive to try this out, and fake controller support suddenly end.

Kill me please T_T

Nothin on you Nefarius, just fault on my part

Don't kill nor get killed please Laugh I'll continue my research but right now I'm working on the Profile Manager and keep fixing issues reported on GitHub.

(12-10-2015, 01:03 AM)Lextirpate Wrote: [ -> ]Hi.  I just got a PS4 controller.  I got the latest release of ScpToolkit from GitHub, installed it, used the Clean Wipe utility provided, used the Driver Installer utility provided to install the relevant drivers, rebooted, and it worked nicely.  I started playing games in RetroArch using my new PS4 controller with no apparent latency issues.  Smile

After a while, I noticed it randomly stopped working with no warning, so to troubleshoot, I enabled the sounds so I could hear the "pop" of it disconnecting a few seconds after I reconnected it by pressing the middle button.  Eventually, I figured out that I should use the "ScpToolkit Monitor (legacy)" to really see what's going on, and it said "Dying" beside my controller.  That let me figure it out!  It was simply very low on battery, since it doesn't come with a full charge when new from the factory sealed box (though it did last about 20 minutes, so I thought I was having driver issues).

So, all in all, it's working now that I've figured that out.

However, I have a couple questions:

How do I disable that infernal light on the back of the controller?  It reflects off my glossy monitor and constantly bugs me.  I couldn't figure out the Profile Manager utility at all and I got it to crash a few times too.  The whole program made no sense to me since some things weren't clickable (namely "DualShock 4 Lightbar behaviour") and other things didn't do anything or anything like what I expected.

Edit: I found where I can lower its brightness in the Settings Manager.  Sweet!  Edit again: I know this may sound crazy, but 1% is still too bright.  Is there any lower possible value above 0 in the low-level variable this setting controls?  If so, I'd like to see that.  For now, I'll use 0%.  Edit yet again: Oh, 0% is different from "disabled" and is exactly what I want!  Thanks!  LaughDDD

How do I use the headphone port?  I would be interested in using it since I don't have bluetooth headphones and I was looking forward to being able to use the PS4 controller's headphone port for convenient "wireless" headphone support.

The Profile Manager is still in it's early Beta stage so crashes can occur.

There is no audio support ATM since nobody has reverse engineered and/or published the audio protocol Sony uses for sound transfer. Maybe they use A2DP but not sure and haven't yet personally been able to find time to investigate it. So unfortunately no Bluetooth headset for you.
(12-10-2015, 02:54 AM)skytbest Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks so much for continuing this project. I just moved over from Scarlett's since I started having issues with it. I'm wondering about connecting multiple controllers. I have two dualshock 3 controllers.

I am able to get the drivers working on one controller (one or the other, they both work alone). But since I only have one USB cable I have to install the drivers one at a time. This is where I run into a problem. I'll install the drivers as per the instructions for one controller. Then I have to install the drivers again for the second. When I run the driver program the second time I only select "Install Dualshock 3 driver, and none of the other options (service, driver, etc.). This seems to work for that second controller, but now my first controller no longer works.

Any idea if it is possible to set up multiple controllers with only one cable?

Thanks!!

Yes, you should be able to just install the second controller in another run, sharing the cable. But how do you test them both with only one cable? Using Bluetooth?

(12-10-2015, 05:23 PM)Kelarang Wrote: [ -> ]Hallo, i have a big problem and i've no clue on how to fix this. I tried playing Rocket League, but when i press R2 and Circle to run my car, the controller just froze with those buttons pressed. I tried to open the input tester aswell, and it shows that the buttons i've pressed, stay like these even if i dont touch them. Any clues
?

Please refer to the first post and supply proper debug information, thank you.
(12-10-2015, 07:01 PM)Nefarius Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you should be able to just install the second controller in another run, sharing the cable. But how do you test them both with only one cable? Using Bluetooth?

Please refer to the first post and supply proper debug information, thank you.

Exactly how can i do it? The best i could do was checking on the input tester, and i figured out the buttons remain pressed even when im not touching the controller
(12-10-2015, 07:04 PM)Kelarang Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly how can i do it? The best i could do was checking on the input tester, and i figured out the buttons remain pressed even when im not touching the controller

How do you do what? Search for ScpToolkit Debug Info Collector in your start menu, run it and follow its instructions.
Hello!

First of all, congratulations for the great job on the software! That was the only way i find to plug my ds3 fake controller on bluetooth. Tried ds3tool, better ds3, even the SCP from Scarlet Produtions.

I only have 2 questions:

1) What is the latest version with the checkbox "Enable support for counterfeit controllers"? (this is the only way i manage to plug over bth, in the latest version that dont have the "Enable support for counterfeit controllers" it keeps looping on L2CAP_Connection_Request PSM).

2) The sensitivity on R2/L2 buttons are working? I have the ScpServer_v1.5.5756.37820 release!
Hi Nefarius,

Great that you have picked up where Scarlet Crush left off.

I am currently using the last version of the original scp (1.2.2.175 update) with a DS3 sixaxis forF1 2015 but although I have selected axis control in the game it does not respond to controller movement.

I am not sure whether Scarlet Crush ever got so far as implementing this, but does your development enable use of the axis controls?

Many thanks.