..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ScpToolkit (XInput Wrapper aka ScpServer Reloaded)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
\\?\hid#vid_054c&pid_0268#7&38297778&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}

can I use the regular non-dualshock sixaxis ps3 controller?
Here is a gamepad  analyzer results for a PS3 sixaxis nondualshock controller. Can i use this? I tried playing assasins creed 4 with it and the controller didn't work.
First off... big props to the PCSX2 devs. I have an old 60GB PS3 Fatty that needs to be re-balled so I can finish off my PS2 backlog... this will save me from having to do that.

That being said, I just setup PCSX2 last night and did a dump of FFX-2 to test. (I logged multiple hundreds of hours on my original play through, so I figured it's the best thing to use for a baseline). After some fiddling and searching I found old posts to setup my DS3 controller... but I'd really like to use my DS4 instead, since I already have PS4 Remote Play setup on my PC and the DS3 is many, many years old at this point.

After some more searching today, I found this thread and also a fork of DS4Windows on Github that's in active development... so my question is, which would be the best one to use for this and any other emulators?

Thanks in advance for any help. (you guys will probably see more posts in the near future about how to make it look prettier... but that's for another thread)
Its now officially dead. So, move on to the "other projects" like the developer wrote.
Hi, passing by just to post my input sheet to add my controller to the list!

It's a 3rd party gamepad sold on amazon by MarioRetro.

Keep up the good work! I'm gonna use it wired for a while I guess.. Happy
(01-26-2018, 09:33 PM)Zero3K Wrote: [ -> ]Its now officially dead. So, move on to the "other projects" like the developer wrote.
Ahh... I see that on the Git for SCP it's saying the project is no longer being worked on... the OP here doesn't say the project is now dead.

Would you recommend DS4Win then?
(01-26-2018, 09:49 PM)tsheeley Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh... I see that on the Git for SCP it's saying the project is no longer being worked on... the OP here doesn't say the project is now dead.

Would you recommend DS4Win then?

DS4Win is based on SCP Toolkit's driver. It doesn't use its own. If SCP Toolkit works for you, then so will DS4Win.
SCPToolkit is still a great piece of software. I probably won't switch anytime soon - I've never tried DS4Windows either.

Nefarious, if you're reading this - thanks for all your hard work over the years! Smile
Thanks for the replies Zero3K and CK1.

I'll try to get the Nefarious build of SCP working with my DS4 tonight. I don't remember the version I pulled down last night, but I know it didn't have an installer like the Nefarious build does.

Edit: I looked back at the original Scarlet.Crush thread... that's the version I used. It worked with my DS3, but doesn't see my DS4 when I plug it in. I know the DS4 works tho, cause I use it for PS4 Remote Play sometimes.

Later that evening...
Final report: Scp does not want to play well with PCSX2. It would install the drivers, the light turned blue... and nothing would happen in my game. I played with just about every option in Scp, but nothing. DS4Win worked perfectly, first time. I just had to stop my system audio from routing to the controller instead of regular speakers.

Now, onto making it look better. I don't have a separate graphics card tho, just the onboard Intel HD 4600. Should I even bother trying to do anything other than using the GSdx shader? (not threadjacking, just a yes/no will do so i don't waste my time if i don't need to)
***** Does your controller stop working or defaults to 2nd player when the computer wakes from sleep? *****

Every time this would happen the only solution would be to restart your PC. 

When my controller would reconnect after sleep instead of defaulting to the proper XBOX_360_DEVICE_00:00 it would keep switching to XBOX_360_DEVICE_01:01 under "Human Interface Devices" \ "USB Input Device" in the device manager.

The solution for me was to go to device manager, right click on Xbox 360 Controller for Windows and update driver.

*** VERY IMPORTANT *** Now choose (Browse my computer for driver software) then choose (Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer)

I only had 2 drivers on my list -
10.0.16299.15 [2017-09-28] - The current and problematic driver
2.1.0.1349 [2009-08-13] - *** This is the driver I chose to fix the issue ***

Your driver list might be different or more populated than mine but I would just start going back chronologically one by one until you find the one that works for you since the driver I picked is quite old.