..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ScpToolkit (XInput Wrapper aka ScpServer Reloaded)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having an issue where Windows (or a service with the driver) tries to upgrade my other bluetooth dongle to the SCP driver one, is there a way to stop that?
(10-21-2015, 01:46 AM)hellbringer616 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having an issue where Windows (or a service with the driver) tries to upgrade my other bluetooth dongle to the SCP driver one, is there a way to stop that?

Untick Bluetooth in service settings:

[Image: 21-10-_2015_18-46-54.png]
Nevermind, it's probably not worth it getting the cheap gamepads supported, I'll get a real xbox controller, they are not that expensive.

So, I got me a cheap generic gamepad with a dualshock like layout (box and the pad look like this: https://goo.gl/photos/5xr4YPEPBJTfd8WcA - note the picture on the box does not match actual pad...), expecting it to work with minecraft windows 10 edition. Little did I know it's not that simple.. as it turns out, minecraft only supports xinput so here I am.

I tried the "lucky" option of adding the device to the ini file, but it seems it's stuck to "up" position, no matter what's done with the gamepad.

So I run the mapping thing, the file is attached.

Note: Looking at the file it seems I missed "DpadRightAndDown", it's the same as just down. Also, I would like to verify I got the names correctly: "shoulder" buttons are the equivalent of "LB and RB" buttons on xbox controller, the ones "above" triggers? And "thumb" buttons are pressing down on the analog sticks?

P.S. I'll promise to send some euros to Nefarius via paypal AND try to contribute some user friendly documentation with a github pull request if I get my gamepad working! After spending quite a while reading all 87 pages of this thread, of that 87 pages, there were like two or three relevant postings for me, the first, and the one where the mapping thing with generic gamepads is explained, and maybe some post that had some documentation like things. I suppose some documentation definitely would not hurt...
Hello! I'm trying to use my legitimate DS3 via bluetooth with this dongle (IDs are USB\VID_0A5C&PID_21EC&REV_0112 & USB\VID_0A5C&PID_21EC) and its not working. Everything works fine while wired but unplugging the wire does simply disconnects the controller. Admittedly, the only reason I got the Bluetooth drivers to install is by adding my HardwareIds to the ScpControl.ini file (before I simply got a DriverPackageInstallW (0x103) "error") so maybe that's the reason it doesn't work? Or should it work anyways and I'm just supposed to do something else to get BT to work (there isn't really much documentation as to what exactly to do)?

If "forcing" the install the way I did doesn't work, would you be able to add support to this dongle in a future update? I'm using Windows 10 and the latest version of ScpToolkit (1.5.5756.37823) of course. Also, I noticed that the download link for ScpToolkit says that its version 1.5.5756.37820 but the actual installer says 1.5.5756.37823. IDK if its something weird with my download or simply a typo in GitHub's download page. Just thought you should know.

I attached the log file from the Installer. It is the log file that was created with the "successful" BT Drivers (and ScpControl.ini edit) install though, so let me know if you need the DriverPackageInstallW (0x103) error install log or other logs (I do have a ScpDsxService_linck.log.xml but its empty).

Thank you!

Sunburst

For 2.5 years, I've used the SCP DS3 program just fine with my PS3 controller. However, a month into using Windows 10, the controller has been getting disconnected randomly (sometimes with the controls moving your character/ect in the same direct as it was before it disconnected). "Resetting" the Windows installation didn't do the trick. Did an update in Windows 10 cause this? Using this "updated" version doesn't seem to solve the issue either (works for like 15 minutes or so, but then just stops working, and needs to be plugged in to work again).

What happens is that the 4 lights shut off, and it stops working wirelessly, and only reactivates if you do it by USB. However, it seems like the same thing has been happening wired too. Is something in Windows 10 causing my controller to behave awkwardly, or could my controller be defective?
Hi Nefarius, Hi Guys,

i've got a similar problem like Sunburst. I installed Win10 on my computer and now my DS3 runs over bluetooth but stops sending or receiving signals from my bluetooth dongle.
I can also see that the "BTH XXXXXXXX" is running for some moments and then stops abruptly and keeps going after some seconds. Can you please help me or got a clue where this is coming from?

Thanks in advance

ASDFAN03
Having trouble getting my Madcatz VS Edition fight stick to work with SCPServer. Either SCPMonitor detects my fightstick and not my bluetooth stuff before installing bluetooth drivers, or I can detect my bluetooth stuff but not my fightstick after I install the bluetooth drivers. Thank you for your help.
(10-04-2015, 06:09 PM)Nefarius Wrote: [ -> ]Ofc. I saw it, but I don't reply until I have smth. meaningful to say Tongue Which is now, try the following:
  1. Open an elevated command prompt (Google)
  2. Navigate to the Scp's System directory like cd "C:\Program Files\Scarlet.Crush Productions\bin\System"
  3. Execute pnputil -i -a ScpVBus.inf
  4. Run the Driver Installer again
  5. Post results
Good luck!

I'm on Windows 10. I've had my fair share of problems with the SCP DS3 as well. I now have it working, but I can say before Nefarius released the tool to wipe all traces and told me to try this command above.  I can't speak for everyone, but if you follow the tutorial I can't see anyone having problems outside of hardware incompatibility. If your DS3/DS4 connects and disconnects randomly, try using the wiping tool to remove everything. Open device manager and scan for new hardware. Make sure Windows Updates service is enabled on Windows 10 so it can download correct drivers. Have only 1 Bluetooth dongle in and one DS3/DS4 (but first wait for the drivers to automatically install upon plugin/scanning for new hardware) then start the install. If you have any problems that appears like the SCP DS3 service is not running, use the above command and then follow these steps from the start.
Guys, how can I tell definitively if I have a counterfeit Sony DualShock 3 controller?  A few weeks ago I bought one from Best Buy and it shows up as an official Sony PS3 in Device Manager in Windows 7.  However, last week I bought one from ebay and it shows up as "PSR Gamepad" with the R in parenthesis .   Both models are CECHZC2U A1. What's worse is that I can't get it to pair with my PC and chased my tail for hours today before finally giving up.  The one from Best Buy paired fine after I did some fiddling with it.  Even selecting "Enable Support for counterfeit controller" using the ScpSettings.exe tool didn't work.  Before I try to return it to the ebay seller, I want to make absolutely certain it's a fake controller.  The reset button in back is almost non-existent and I have to really poke in there deep with a toothpick to push it.  Is this another indication I have a counterfeit DualShock 3?  I feel really ripped off because I paid $35 (USD) bucks for it.  My Nexus 7 android tablet detects it as a fake controller and it won't even work with it (though the pairing light comes on).  Device ID is: USB\VID_054C&PID_0268
So, is this a counterfeit controller?  If so, what's my recourse?
I seem to be having a ton of trouble getting the Bluetooth to pair on mine.. it works on the USB, MOnitor and everything picks it up no problems. But I can not get this bluetooth thing figured out and I've tried about 50 million different programs, configurations, and methods. Hardware ID are as follows..

DS3 : USB\VID_045E&PID_028E
Dongle: USB\VID_0A5C&PID_21E8