..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ScpToolkit (XInput Wrapper aka ScpServer Reloaded)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love using updated software, so I went and update from Scartlet Crush latest application to this one, I had some issues I'd like to point and maybe help the new developer to solve it, if it's possible.

I noticed at first that Scarlet Version basically haven't a UI to install the drivers, it was pretty straightforward, once the drivers were installed, I got my 2 DS3, one legit, other fake working fine, just fine.
We hadn't any pop ups, this version now it's really annoying, if these pop ups showed during the first tests to make sure everything will work fine, good, but it pops up EVERY time you unplug or plug again, a gamepad, a bluetooth dongle, whatever, I don't also need any sound to make sure they are connected, Windows tells me when a new device is connected with a sound, I know I can disable this in this new application, but it should be disabled by default.
Now, what I find unforgivable for an updated Software, Driver, etc, is that it makes stop working what was working perfectly fine before, my fake DS3 works perfectly in Scarlet Crush's version, but it does not in this one, and I also have an exclamation pop up telling me that it found a fake DS3 controller and it doesn't connect at all, only the genuine does.
I also noticed the new SCP Service needs 1/4 more RAM compared to original Scarlet Crush's application, I wouldn't care that much, but well, it really should make my controllers connect painlessly, if it needs more resources for new features or for any improvement over the original application, why more RAM then if I can't connect a fake controller that was connecting before?

These are my first impressions on this application, I got back to the original application, it doesn't bother me with sounds or pop ups, it works with fake controllers, originals, whatever, it's easy to setup, without a UI, with a single window to tell you what's going on, and it needs less RAM, it doesn't need to be installed, no need to be populated under Windows installed programs, etc.
I hope my suggestions are taken the best way possible, I know the developer has all the good will to continue a idle project, and I think that it's really good to see it's helping people, though I also believe most people also have problems that didn't exist in the original application.

Thanks for your time and efforts, I hope it gets all sorted out.
(04-08-2016, 06:11 PM)fussen Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, thanks for your reply  Smile

My controller is a genuine dualshock 3 from my ps3. This is not the first time I use scp but this time it does not work and I dont know why, I just followed the instructions as always. Im trying to connect it through the USB cable, install the driver and all the 4 lights starts to blink, I press the ps button but nothing happens and yes, the service is running Mellow

Nevermind, had to install scarlets old scp driver and now it works, thanks anyways.
(04-09-2016, 07:28 PM)fussen Wrote: [ -> ]Nevermind, had to install scarlets old scp driver and now it works, thanks anyways.

Thank you fussen for updating us back.  Would you mind letting me know what is the brand/model of your fake DS3 controller and also what version of the scp driver you used which is working for your controller?

Thanks again!
(04-08-2016, 01:42 AM)Mishaisaqt Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to disable the notifications? Sorry if this has been asked before, I'm not really able to find it.

I am not at my computer with ScpToolkit installed on it today but I will try to help with some suggestions.  I remember seeing a few things so maybe it will be a start for you to look?

First there is a Settings application that you should be able to run if you look in your Start menu that has a lot of general settings which may have an option for this.

Second, if you can't find or there isn't an option to not run it.... the notifications are actually being handled by a separate application.  I think it is called something like ScpNotify ?  You should be able to see it in your tray - it looks like a DS3 controller icon.  You can manually close it by right-clicking on the icon and clicking Exit and that should turn off notifications for your current session.

You should also be able to disable it from starting up through normal Windows stuff here -- I don't know if it is in Services, registry, etc but should be in one of those places. Smile

Third, when you originally install ScpToolkit I think there is a separate line in the features for ScpNotify(?) .. don't remember for sure.. but if so then when you install the application itself you should be able to leave it out if you don't want any notifications to pop up!

Hope this helps!  Sorry I can't look and try to get more specifics at the moment!
Hi. I don't know where i should post this reply and don't really want to open ticket to github.

Im having little problem with wrapper. It works as intended for most of time. using original DS3 controller with usb wire. works for most games Elite, spintires etc. But don't work for dark souls 1 it just don't recognize controller and controller won't do anything. If i press PS button it open xbox app. 

Im using Win 10 if that matters.
(04-10-2016, 04:38 PM)joshg Wrote: [ -> ]I am not at my computer with ScpToolkit installed on it today but I will try to help with some suggestions.  I remember seeing a few things so maybe it will be a start for you to look?

First there is a Settings application that you should be able to run if you look in your Start menu that has a lot of general settings which may have an option for this.

Second, if you can't find or there isn't an option to not run it.... the notifications are actually being handled by a separate application.  I think it is called something like ScpNotify ?  You should be able to see it in your tray - it looks like a DS3 controller icon.  You can manually close it by right-clicking on the icon and clicking Exit and that should turn off notifications for your current session.

You should also be able to disable it from starting up through normal Windows stuff here -- I don't know if it is in Services, registry, etc but should be in one of those places. Smile

Third, when you originally install ScpToolkit I think there is a separate line in the features for ScpNotify(?) .. don't remember for sure.. but if so then when you install the application itself you should be able to leave it out if you don't want any notifications to pop up!

Hope this helps!  Sorry I can't look and try to get more specifics at the moment!

Hey, thanks for replying!

The first thing you said didn't really work, I checked all the settings and couldn't find one for it myself sadly enough. It was actually the first solution I tried looking into, so I think the devs should an option to disable notifications there.

The second one seems to have done the trick, though. It's called ScpTray.exe or something along those lines, not ScpNotify. I don't actually run the Windows Shell, I run bbZero (long story short I don't have the windows bar or a tray to turn off stuff in), so I just deleted the program after stopping it in the task manager. If I run into any problems, I'll let you know. Thanks!
Heya, love this wee thing. Here I was using motioninjoy like a fool! Even getting rid of that plague was messy.

At any rate, I can't find to see how to stop the toolkit for checking for updates.

How can I stop it? It can drag me out to the desktop while playing some games
can this "fake dualshock detected" message be wrong? mine came with my PS3 so i'm pretty sure it's legit.
How do i go about giving you guys the debug package? i installed it but when i unplug and connnect my controller i get this Couldn't open device \\?\USB#VID_054C&PID_0268#5&268AA38F&0&5#{E2824A09-DBAA-4407-85CA-C8E8FF5F6FFA}